NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My new (to me) boat! 99 Air Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My new (to me) boat! 99 Air Nautique
    Posted: May-19-2010 at 5:20pm
Nice ride, I believe we were looking at the same boat. I found it on CL. I am in the DFW area. I don't need a new boat but it looked very tempting to me. Congratulations!
pjpayleitner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjpayleitner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2010 at 4:17pm
ha- too funny. that was our personal demo boat in '99. probably was the one of the few nautiques done in that color scheme. it was a great boat when we had it. not sure how the previous owner's took care of it but it looks to be in pretty good shape. it does look to have overheated and has new exhaust tubes.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2010 at 2:59pm
Aah, nothing like a CCF buddy willing to check out a boat for you. We need some more in Europe LOL
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2010 at 2:06pm
Sweet deal, hopefully everything checks out with it. I'm in WDM quite a bit, I live about 25 min from the area, if you need a hand let me know.
NautiBrophy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiBrophy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2010 at 1:19pm
Thanks everyone! I'm living in West Des Moines now. Boat is still in WI going to be looked at by a mechanic tomorrow hopefully. Fingers crossed nothing major is wrong. He did replace the impeller this season already (he did have some issues w/ it last year) but it ran at 170 engine temp all weekend pretty much so hopefully that fixed it.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2010 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Overlooked the fact your an IOWA Guy! Add another one to the list! Man, our numbers keep getting stronger!

IOWA!!! holla! Where are you at? ps nice boat...bring it over sometime :)
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2010 at 5:26am
Very nice ride there!
And be sure to contact Marty! I enjoy my personalised plaques everytime I'm at the wheel .
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2010 at 3:44am
Overlooked the fact your an IOWA Guy! Add another one to the list! Man, our numbers keep getting stronger!
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2010 at 2:06am
Nice Ride, Enjoy!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2010 at 1:37am
also looks like some fiberglass damage to the engine cover. Could be a result of the gas shocks going bad or being removed....maybe to fix the exhaust
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2010 at 12:32am
nice ride there
ood thing are the exhaust hoses..wonder why one is longer than the other...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2010 at 8:53pm
Very nice boat! I remember seeing the early Air Nautiques and being totally amazed with the built in tower. What a nice all around boat to own. Congratulations.

Ken
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2010 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Nice boat!

Now to finish it off--you need the Performance Engineered For:
Plaque on it.

e-mail me
Marty Mabe
mtmabe@northstate.net

Congrats on the boat! It looks very nice! Be sure to contact marty..... he'll get you all set up for that new ride!!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2010 at 8:08pm
Nice boat!

Now to finish it off--you need the Performance Engineered For:
Plaque on it.

e-mail me
Marty Mabe
mtmabe@northstate.net
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
nautiquechick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2010 at 7:55pm
Thats awesome. Hope you enjoy every minute.
nautiquechick
NautiBrophy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiBrophy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2010 at 7:50pm
1st boat purchase! 1999 Air Nautique. Less than 400 hours on it. Little nervous because I didn't have a mechanic look it over (maybe that was dumb? ). There are no vibrations, shifted smooth, no water in the oil, changed it this weekend and didn't leak any, and ran like a top all weekend. I had to jump on it right away w/ the price I got it for hopefully I won't pay for it in maintenance. Can't wait 'til Memorial day weekend to ride it! I would like to thank everyone on the forum for helping me out and giving me feedback along the way to make sure I got the boat that would work best for me!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic