Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Pics - Updated Progess - 82 sn

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
#1Rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #1Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Pics - Updated Progess - 82 sn
    Posted: June-03-2005 at 12:52pm
Jason,,Nice job on your boat,,I had a 84 2001
and sold it after I got my new 2000 SN ski.
after I went to the Correctcraft Factory,and took the tour,,,One of the guys there said..
Ya,,you should have hung on to it,,,But did'nt
Anyway don't have the roon for two Boats..hehe.
Great looking boat Jason,,,,,,,,,,,
gordonw View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordonw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2005 at 5:27am
Yea baby yea!!!!,

We're all on this for the same reason and we all have different rymes. I myself, focus on whats behind the boat. Let it shine, let it glow, hell through a tv in it if you have to. One request though, when you have 8,000 pounds of weight in the boat and your boy falls no power turns please. This sends waves in the opisite direction and creates chop. Idle down and turn around. Hey that rymes, we can all remember that. Little barefoot trick. Respect, that's what we all want. Young or old and I'm young. I don't like to see guys my age buzzing my dock and watching my flawless 1980 American Skier slaming up and down on my new black finish. Keep the music clean and at tolerable levals. Lots of people go to these lakes to get away from it all. Wakeboarders, skiers, barefooters, trick and I'll let the tubers go unsaid(unless your under the age of 10).
Picture yourself, really bumbed on somthing, going off to get away at your family cabin on the lake. The first cabin built. Built over 60 years ago. You have been going since you were -1. Maybe someone in your family just died. Over the winter you completely rebuilt your boat to destress. You're finally kicking back up at the cabin and wala! The weekend warriors from the local town come by 100 ft from the dock with a tidal wave following heading for your boat. You let it go the first 4 times then head off to have a little talk. Not recieved well as expected. This is the frustration some of the older guys are speaking from. Wake boarding has the POTENTIAL to upset skiers but it doesn't have to be that way. If boarders could please take some additional consideration due to the nature of the wakes we would all really apreciate it. Not saying the previous post persons are not respectful, just a friendly reminder to all persons boating. Big wakes have the potential to due some major damage. kids on docks and even on shore. Things not everyone thinks about. Be respectful of owners that is their lake, not yours. If your can't deal go to your local resivore. If we can all show lots of respect, we will facilitate grounds for friendship and good times. Look out for one another ya know? Everyone needs help at one time or another and we'll all be there. Show respect, you too skiers. Happy Motoring!     
raygunclan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raygunclan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2005 at 1:38pm
hey jason
i think the "wakeboard.com" message was directed at 80nauts post, who, by the way, did some INCREDIBLE uphostery work on his 2001! i think of that boat everytime i think i want to tackle that project myself! if he can do it... have you seen the guy who stirs up sh1t on planetnautique.com? his pic in his post is of him with a big gash in his head! wonder how he got that one! that guy is an as$! i think its funny seeeing old people, including myself, after all, i'm over 30! (that should piss that old fart off!) get stirred up and the young people, 29 and under of course!, respond.
as for the wife and girlfriend comment...
what the he11? if their already bitching at you, you need to change... to a new wife or girlfriend.

take it easy,
the world's biggest bitch!
who needs a mortgage when you have a boat!?!?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2005 at 11:33am
Back to 80nauts:

Back in my day we had to get the attention of the chicks the old fashioned way - we earned it, and not with our KA stereos or boats. One day about, oh I don't know, a gazillion years ago, my buddies and I were barefooting up and down a river. There was a group pulled off on the shore having a few beers. Every time we skied by, one of the young ladies hiked her top up and shook her fairly ample bosums at us. Now see....thats respect.

Jason: No harm intended. You're doing a great job with your boat. Continue to keep us posted.

BKHallpass:

Still have your old Maja? I'm impressed. That used to be the state of the art ski. I wish I still had my old Northland, at least to hang on the wall as a decoration but it is long gone.

(Age 50 but can still make it through the course - (although not very well and not too fast) and can still knock out deep water starts and tumbleturns - pretty good for an Old Fart)

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2005 at 11:05am
I would 38 years young. Don't believe me? Ask my 43 year old wife. She is STILL hot in a bikini and swears that I'm still a kid. I love Star Wars, m I'm into Harry Potter( thank my 9 and 6 yr old for that), and can never get enough time behind the boat on a board of any type. Oh Yeah,Whats wrong with tre huggers? I'm a Tree Hugger. Just not a die hard. I ain't chaining myself to a tree for nothing but I can't stand seeing development rape the land for another freaking dry cleaners,nail salon, dollar store, cell phone store etc.. Enough is enough! OOps, sorry gang just had to vent!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2005 at 9:15am
That was uncharacteristic of me, my apologies to you all.
I crossed the line of good taste, the face value of the words I chose poorly represented my thoughts. Trying to clarify would be equally poor form.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2005 at 12:26am
Well, this thread has certainly gone sideways,
but what the heck, I'll bite.

I'm 41 and still own my majerajah water ski
from the 70's - guess that makes me an old
fart.

On the other hand, I own a 2001 Super Air
with tower speakers, lights, and amplifiers -
guess that makes me a young punk or some kind
of "tree hugger"

Then again, I like beer and slimmies in bikinis - which I guess makes me a . . .
Man

BKH
Livin' the Dream

NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2005 at 12:12am
46 here!
(I still love bikinis! )
scomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 10:50pm
Jason,

WELL SAID AND HANDLED WELL!!!

BTW, why is it that the guys doing all the squabbling over young and old have not posted there own age in their profile?

Talking about insecurety. Sounds like some people maybe a little insecure about their own age.

(yes I know a few of you have your age posted)

OH YEH, I'm 35

and you guys?
SCOMER
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 8:47pm
Cumbaya. Feelin' the love.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 5:22pm
Well put Jason. I totally agree with what you just said.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 4:40pm
BTW, take a look at this thread, we are squabbling like women. I take enough crap from my girlfriend everyday to fill an entire messageboard, as I am sure most of you do with your girlfriends/wives.

How do I think I completed on this work in a short amount of time, I been hiding in the garage.

Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 4:35pm
Hey it is dropped in my mind. I dont mind taking crap, but I really think everyone expected me to fire back and tell everyone to f off, and your too old, and yada yada.

SO it is a little unfair to say "the insecurety of youth is what's amusing to us"

I am far from insecure, just respectful. If I would have shouted obscenties, everyone would have said "typical young punk".

So its dropped. I will have some more pics of my boat on the "tower thread" soon. It is coming together quick. Out.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 4:30pm
Your right, thats a stretch
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 3:23pm
Gottaski-

"the insecurety of youth is what's amusing to us"

give me a break....
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 11:11am
Hey,

I'm all for upgrading. I just hung up my old Northland Custom Slalom for a great new Maharaja. You should see the shine on that oak.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 10:01am
Jason,

Let the stereo thing go already; we did. We said what we think of them. Ridiculed? yeash... We already complimented your great work; you explained your stereo usage and situation.

the insecurety of youth is what's amusing to us.

It is unrealistic to throw out big plans and pictures expecting 100% positive feedback; you should have known, so don't act affronted when you're questioned on one aspect of your ride, its quite unbecomming and immature.

We've seen this style all before whether the topic is boats, trail bikes, cars, trucks, school..Anyone with some hours on them hears 'hey look at me but don't comment unless its blowing sunshine up my azz..or I'll take my ball and go home'

Come on, I know you're better than that.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 10:00am
No ridicule here Jason.
I love your boat. You should be very proud of it. Great job!
I just get a chuckle out of how quick some of these posts can go off in the wrong direction.
Keep posting pics and showing us that boat.
(I still love bikinis )
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 8:07am
Yeh Jason. Don't get so POd. Everyone can see you have an awesome boat and you have done an awesome job. You can do my boat if you want. It really needs carpet and front seats - real bad.

By-the-way, where did you get the carpet and what is the brand and color?
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 4:51am
Jason,

I think you're letting the old schoolers
get the best of you. Ever met an old
fart that doesn't like to give grief to the
young guys. That's what they call fun.

One thing old
timers enjoy even more than yanking the chain of a young guy, is the simple elegance of
quality craftmanship. You do great work. Trust me you're respected for that.

Keep the pics coming. You're really adding to this site.

BKH

Livin' the Dream

82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 3:40am
I'm with Jason.

Like it or not, most of us can't afford to spend tens of thousands of dollars for a new nauti. So we modify them to FUNCTION how we want them to perform. If that means putting a a tower and a few speakers on your boat, that's your decision. Or, if that means you just cruise around all day pulling your grandkids on inner- tubes, thats great.

Bottom line...why ridicule a guy for showing some creativity and saving another nautique from rotting in some garage?

Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 2:06am
To each his own, I just mentioned everything that I had done to the boat this winter. I wasnt bragging it, and I was quick to point out that I am not out to be blasting people off the lake and I would respectful with my music.

Yes I am young, and my views might change when I am older, but I am not out telling you how you should enjoy your nautique.

Your are right, you might be on wakeboarder.com, because I really didnt think posting pictures of my nautique (that I spent the last 4 months working on) would be ridiculed because I gave four lines to what kind of stereo I put it in it.

Give me a break, I will think twice about posting pictures of my boat anymore on this site.
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 1:23am
What's wrong with wood skis?
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 12:44am
Yikes!
I think my computer just jumped to WAKEBOARDER.COM!!!
Nope I scrolled up and I'm still here at correctcraft.com
This is where the old guys say "In my day I ski'd on wood skis and liked it!"
The young bucks say "Piss-off and crank up the tunes"
But we all LOVE Nauti's
(& I LOOOOOVE the bikinis!)
80nauts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80nauts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2005 at 6:28pm
Hey 75,

My boat pulls kicka$$ while pulling kicka$$ skiers and boarders while playing a new kicka$$ 40 gigawatt stereo with dvd and flat pannel screens, it also has kicka$$ people in the boat drinking kicka$$ beer with kicka$$ chicks that have kicka$$ bikinis filled with huge kicka$$ breasts, and it will have many more kicka$$ upgrades in the future.

I bet you will be begging me to play my kicka$$ music really close to you so that you will be able to check out the hot kicka$$ chicks.

80nauts (AKA 'Young Punk')
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2005 at 1:29pm
I am amused, (not offended, mind you, just amused) by people that talk abut the primary upgrades to their boat as being the new kicka$$ 40 gigawatt stereo and 27 speakers and 4 subwoofers and .... I guess I have to remember that this is a boat site, not a skiing site, but I would think a love of skiing (ok, or boarding) would be the common thread. What is hence important about a boat is how it pulls and then, for us vintage folks how it has held up and how good it looks. I find it strange that what kind of stereo is involved is so important. I have always been much more impressed with what is on the back end of the rope versus what is at the front end of the rope. Although with my new interest in vintage boats, the condition of the vintage piece is worthy of note. However, I am not particulary impressed if someone happens to have the dough (or lack of fear of debt)to go out and buy a 50 grand ski boat for tubing or if the greatest selling point of a boat is its CD player.

OK, I've vented, go back and have your fun. Just don't play your music too loud near me.

75 Tique (AKA 'Old Fart')
raygunclan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raygunclan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2005 at 12:16pm
64 skier!

some spoiled, gat tree hugger!!!!
that is so hilarios, someone needs to start a "famous quotes" thread!
i agree with the music. i hate to hear someone else's music, but i love to hear my own! so whose side do i take???
also, any lakes here in florida without houses on them would be wall to wall alligators! i can't even imagine taking the boat out without being afraid of what's under me!!! or for that matter without it breaking down!
who needs a mortgage when you have a boat!?!?
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2005 at 12:19am
Jason-

Nice work....reminds me of my rig, except for I went with white and kelly green on the interior (combing pads and stripe down the midddle of the engine cover)

I think your learning from the posted comments that a few of these guys haven't realized that it's the year 2005 and wakeboarding isn't a passing fad. That's the reason I allways keep my questions strictly technical, and save progressive wakeboarding talk for other sites.

As far as the tower goes....it is absolutely necessary to take you to the next level in your riding (I know you already know this, but others don't seem to understand).

Everyone must remember that all of us who own a 2001 model have seen the value of their boats rise with the discovery of it's perfectly shaped wake for boarding.

One more thing..."spoiled, gay tree hugger" ....WTF?.....it's funny how old people have to ridicule others when they think differently.          
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2005 at 3:28pm
I got the seat from trackermarine04 , it is on ebay. They are located in oklahoma, and were selling extra boat parts for a bunch of different boat companies. He has a bunch of seats on there, but nothing like mine right now. Earlier in the area he probably had 10-15 of this style, and they were going for about $100-$150.

Here is the link...
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ100QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQrdZ0QQsassZtrackermarine04

I kinda like it white too, but what you can't see in this picture is the white is two different colors, where the paint under the stripe is whiter. Then you can see the faint outline of "ski nautique". So I gotta to do something.

Jason
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2005 at 12:19pm
Jason,
Super job!
That boat looks real slick.
(IMO the tower & stripe will take you back a step - but ya gotta go with what works for you.)
Boy, that drivers seat would fit the colors in my boat perfect - got any info on where ya got it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic