NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do I need new exhaust manifolds?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2010 at 10:58pm
Yes Pete, I was going to check with the link that someone else posted about rebuilding a pump. Rebuilding the old pump is the best idea. Plus it keeps it more original too;)

The pump is a Delco (ugh sacrilege) I will post up the numbers on it and see if any place has rebuild kits for them. Is it true that the BB chevy's took the same pumps as SB fords? If so, that might make sense why it is a delco.

78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2010 at 6:46am
The pump only says AC on the part leading to the body of the pump, and the numbers stamped on it are 40960. Other than that all is has for other stampings/ markings is made in USA on the bottom ring.

I'm assuming AC stands for AC delco, as the script looks to be the same as AC delco.

edit..

I sent an email to then and now automotive with the info I have above. Hopefully they have a rebuild kit. I assume I won't hear back from them until Monday.
Does any other place exist for getting pump rebuild kits?
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 9:04pm
Then and now got back to me. They only rebuild this fuel pump themselves and do not sell kits to rebuild them. It will be 100 dollars for them to do this, and then I would have to pay shipping each way as well.

A new one from DIM is 80 dollars, plus shipping. The new one is the better deal IMHO
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2010 at 11:10pm
I guess due to liabilty issues,I don't think anyone will sell marine fuel pump parts now.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2010 at 1:16am
had my oem pump rebuilt once...I could never put it back as it would flood the carb after running some seconds...had to get new one...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2010 at 7:16pm
The boat ran very well today. I put a couple of hours on it. The choke operates perfectly, and it had no stumble at all, not even at idle. I didn't smell or see any excess gas coming from the primaries, or out of the exhaust. PSI of the fuel was at 7.5 every time I lifted the motor box.

Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2010 at 8:51pm
so what was the culprit?
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2010 at 9:18pm
The fuel pump.

The old one was only putting out 4 psi or so.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic