NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

It should be true

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 9>
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 10:06pm
Hold now. I asserted no opinions here.

Waterdog said our country was founded on a belief in god. The Declaration of Independence does seem to support this with its reference to Nature's God.

You asked Waterdog to support his opinion, and I threw up the support for him.

However, as you have pointed out, 12 years later, the leaders of the country at that time went to some lengths to pronounce separations of church and state in our Constitution.

I'll give you some relevant facts as well. The fastest growing "religious associated category" in the United States is atheists and agnostics. Some polls show numbers now as high as 16%. The numbers are higher in correspondence with the number of years of education, and they are much higher in the west than in the South or Midwest.   

The only opinion I'm going to state is that it really doesn't matter to me if someone believes in a god of any form (Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Islamic, etc . etc.) or of they believe in no god. It matters to me how they conduct themselves and how they treat other people. Most religions I've observed provide a decent framework to lead one's life. If followed I think folks from most any religion would be conducting themselves properly in my eye. Others don't have a religious framework, and conduct themselves just fine as well.

For now what I believe is that I'm going to grab another Beer and go back into the garage.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by davee40 davee40 wrote:

because anyone who chose,s not to believe will be lost forever. for the simple fact that god gives you the choice to be ignorant.

Sounds like a nice guy. And if this world is the best god can do I'm not very impressed.

And your definition is very close to mine. I understand, it's a tough pill to swallow most Christians have invested a lot of time in their worship.

And I agree with Bkhallpass. Atheism (which I really think is a bad term) is on the rise. A tribute to older people dying off and younger people becoming more educated. Just look at Western Europe. Europeans view us as a religious backwater.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 10:53am
Phil, you are no different than the obnoxious johova witness, just a different view point. I don't doubt at all that athiest are growing as the political progressive group is growing also.    
PAPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 11:08am
Phil, You being from Wisconsin,I just was wondering were you wearing that cheesehead thinking cap when you figured out you were a atheist,you said it was about the same time you found out about Santa Claus and the tooth fairy.
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 11:42am
This whole discussion has me intrigued.

Phil,

I'm still curious about how you look at a couple things. Let me throw a scenario at ya.

Let's go back to our moon landing discussion for a second. Now, let's pretend there wasn't all the pictures and video and samples from the first moon landing. All we know is NASA said they went there.

I would assume that you would question it at the least, right?

Now let's say in 1999 we sent another expedition to the moon. This time we have all the photo and video evidence of it truly happening. In addition the expedition goes to the same point on the moon the first one supposedly did. While there, they found evidence of that first expedition. Things like a flag stuck in the ground, footprints, tire tracks.

Would that be enough evidence for you to believe the first expedition did actually take place?
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 12:40pm
Phil, you are no different than the obnoxious johova witness, just a different view point. I don't doubt at all that athiest are growing as the political progressive group is growing also.

So now you are attacking me personally because you can't dispute my facts? You have to give me something better than that..But I understand there just isn't anything there. In addition to the I'm just as obnoxious as the johova witness comment. I'm not knocking on your house door or forcing you to click on this thread am I?

Quote Phil, You being from Wisconsin,I just was wondering were you wearing that cheesehead thinking cap when you figured out you were a atheist,you said it was about the same time you found out about Santa Claus and the tooth fairy.

See, now this is what scares me. "Cheesehead thinking cap" as if I'm the crazy one. You talk to imaginary people. In any other aspect of life this is called Schizophrenia but as I've stated religion always gets a pass.

Quote I would assume that you would question it at the least, right?

I certainly would.

Quote Would that be enough evidence for you to believe the first expedition did actually take place?

Probably, but I would have to look at at all the details. This is very different than believing in God. Saying that there is a magical invisible man who lives in the sky who is all powerful and all good demands more evidence than a foot print and a flag pole. These are prosperous claims.

we are all atheists with respect to Zeus and Thor. Only the atheist has realized that the biblical god is no different.
PAPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 1:03pm
Phil, I was just funnin' with you. Just enjoying the thread and interjecting some humor from someone who isn't such a deep thinker. I respect everyones opinion even if they are wrong . Again just a joke to lighten up things a bit. I totally respect your opinion and your right to speak your mind. Now, how about a cold one.
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 1:07pm
Quote Phil, I was just funnin' with you. Just enjoying the thread and interjecting some humor from someone who isn't such a deep thinker. I respect everyones opinion even if they are wrong . Again just a joke to lighten up things a bit. I totally respect your opinion and your right to speak your mind. Now, how about a cold one.

I can appreciate that! :) I'll certainly take you up on that cold one after work...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by phospher phospher wrote:

Quote I would assume that you would question it at the least, right?

I certainly would.

Quote Would that be enough evidence for you to believe the first expedition did actually take place?

Probably, but I would have to look at at all the details. This is very different than believing in God. Saying that there is a magical invisible man who lives in the sky who is all powerful and all good demands more evidence than a foot print and a flag pole. These are prosperous claims.

we are all atheists with respect to Zeus and Thor. Only the atheist has realized that the biblical god is no different.

Thanks for the answers. That kind of confirms what I thought about what it takes for you to believe in something. You're definitely a hard proof kind of guy.

You sound very intelligent and educated and I'm sure you've studied a lot of different religions. With that assumption, I'm sure you know the Bible fairly well.

If you know Revelations well, maybe you can answer this for me.

If Jesus were to return in our lifetime and all the Christians were swept away, as the Bible prophecies state, what would your reaction be?

If the prophecies continued to come true (Seven seals and Tribulation stuff), would your reaction be different or your belief change?

In other words, would you believe in what the Bible has to say and the possibility God exists if you were seeing those type of things with your own eyes?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 1:59pm
Yeah, I think this type of subject can get a little emotional and beliefs or opinions are usually deeply rooted. There's no reason for personal attacks.

Phil,

While I don't agree with you and I think there could be points made on both sides of our discussion, I don't intend to attack you personally. If something I said did or does, call me on it.

I wouldn't mind having a cold one and getting all philisophical with ya sometime. I always enjoy a healthy debate / discussion.
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 2:02pm
Okie Boarder,

My comment about attacking me personally was directed to Riley.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 2:11pm
Phil,

Yeah, I realize that. I was just commenting on it and throwing my 2 cents out there along with a statement to you for future reference, you could say. :)

Did you see my post before that with the additional questions? I'm curious as to your response.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 2:14pm
I just pulled up Yahoo to go to my email and saw this story...thought it was a little applicable to the discussion...

News Story
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 2:44pm
If Jesus were to return in our lifetime and all the Christians were swept away, as the Bible prophecies state, what would your reaction be?

If the prophecies continued to come true (Seven seals and Tribulation stuff), would your reaction be different or your belief change?

In other words, would you believe in what the Bible has to say and the possibility God exists if you were seeing those type of things with your own eyes?

Ah the Rapture. Something like 44% of the electorate believe that Jesus will come back in their lifetime. The ego of these people. "Yes, Jesus is going to come back in my lifetime and of course he's going to want me!" When we have presidents making political decisions based on faith there is a real problem. Why care about long term society if you think there is going to be a rapture? You can imagine how this is a dangerous state of affairs.

Of course, If I witnessed any of this it would change my beliefs that seems the only logical thing to do. If this happened the first question I would ask god would be why did you go through pains to hide yourself?

Again, I go back to saying that there is no reason and no evidence(real evidence) why anyone should believe in this stuff. If I told you that the holocaust never took place you would immediately demand evidence and when I couldn't provide it you would regard me as a crazy conspiracy theorist. The only evidence I've ever heard Christians point out are Cherry Picked scriptures from the bible. They selectively pick and choose verses out of context which justify their beliefs. You can't have it both ways.

"Women should be silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak, but should be submissive, as the law also says." (1 Corinthians 14:34)

"If any man takes a wife, and goes in on her, and detests her, and charges her with shameful conduct, and brings a bad name on her, and says, 'I took this woman, and when I came to her I found she was not a virgin..." (Deuteronomy 22:13,14)

"But if ... evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones..." (Deuteronomy 22:20,21)

"Slaves are to be submissive to their masters in everything, and to be well-pleasing, not talking back ." (Titus 2:9)

I mean c'mon have you ever questioned your religion and looked at it critically? You are basing your belief an a book written 2k years ago by man who thought the earth was flat and that a wheelbarrow would have been a breathtaking example of emerging technology.

davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 2:56pm
All in all it takes more faith to believe that God does not exist as opposed to beleiving that everything in this universe did not just all of a sudden happen.
davee40
lakeland,fl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 2:59pm

Ah the Rapture. Something like 44% of the electorate believe that Jesus will come back in their lifetime. The ego of these people. "Yes, Jesus is going to come back in my lifetime and of course he's going to want me!" When we have presidents making political decisions based on faith there is a real problem. Why care about long term society if you think there is going to be a rapture? You can imagine how this is a dangerous state of affairs.

Of course, If I witnessed any of this it would change my beliefs that seems the only logical thing to do. If this happened the first question I would ask god would be why did you go through pains to hide yourself?

Interesting. Well, I'm glad to hear that you would believe once presented with enough information to convince you. I pray that we WILL see that happen in our lifetime, so your eyes could be open to the truth.

That's an interesting question you would ask God and I think it is a good one. I hope you get an answer to that someday.

I agree with you on the ego thing to some extent. I think it is rather egotistical to think you know when God's plan will unfold. My stance is that I believe it "could" and I'm going to just make sure I'm ready in case it does.

I also agree that the beliefs shouldn't affect political decisions like how you presented them. We shouldn't live like or make decisions thinking the rapture is going to occur and the world will change in say 50 years, so why plan for more than that. Not a good approach and I don't see where that would even be supported Biblically.

I'm not going to debate Bible verses with you, their meanings and how they apply to today. That's a never ending debate that won't get us anywhere. I will comment on one though.

Titus 2:9...you posted that one and I would assume that you have a problem with the idea of someone being a slave, is that correct?
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 3:30pm

All in all it takes more faith to believe that God does not exist as opposed to beleiving that everything in this universe did not just all of a sudden happen.

Couldn't disagree more. And all of the sudden? More like millions of years.

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 3:33pm
Quote Titus 2:9...you posted that one and I would assume that you have a problem with the idea of someone being a slave, is that correct?

Of course, don't you?

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 7:41pm

Quote Titus 2:9...you posted that one and I would assume that you have a problem with the idea of someone being a slave, is that correct?

Of course, don't you?

Nope.

We're all slaves to something (someone).

You might be missing the point of that verse and taking the single sentence out of context. Many times the Bible talks about slaves and/ or servants and teaches us to obey our masters. That portion of it explains to us how we are to have humility and ultimately gets put into full context with respect to what Jesus did. Jesus lived His life in service to others as an example. He GAVE his life as a service to mankind. The other part of the context of those types of verse talks directly to the masters and how they should treat their slaves / servants. Many times you will see that the Bible instructs masters to treat slaves / servants in a humane way. When taken in full context, the Bible instructs masters to treat servants / slaves as you would treat a member of your family, with love and respect to a certain degree.

<sigh> I'm not sure why I just took the time to type that all out. I'm sure you probably don't see it the same way. I don't know though, maybe you'll read what I wrote and look at it a little differently than you used to.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 7:45pm

Couldn't disagree more. And all of the sudden? More like millions of years.

I would state what Dave said a little differently...

It's easy to believe something when you have proof and evidence sitting in front of you that is undeniable. It is much more difficult to believe something that requires a certain amount of faith.

In regards to the question you said you would ask God, Phil. My OPINION would be that He would answer you like I just stated. I believe He would say he didn't reveal Himself fully to you because He wanted you to have the challenge of faith even when others tried to convince you otherwise.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Okie Boarder Okie Boarder wrote:

<sigh> I'm not sure why I just took the time to type that all out. I'm sure you probably don't see it the same way. I don't know though, maybe you'll read what I wrote and look at it a little differently than you used to.

LOL. I'm not sure why either of you bother. You are no more likely to make phospher believe in a god than he is to convince you that there is no god. You'd both have better odds of winning the lottery.

Whether Atheist or Missionary, I guess you have to admire someone whose convictions are so strong that he or she will talk to hundreds or thousands hoping to convert just one.

Me, I'd rather buy a lottery ticket and spend my time asking people to help with worthwhile causes like helping veterans, kids, schools etc. I guess I just like a little better odds.

BKH

Livin' the Dream

davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2010 at 3:10pm
I can admit ive never convinced an athiest or an agnostic to change how they think that i know of, but when confronted i think its allways best to stand up for truth . not to argue but to at least plant a seed for thought.
davee40
lakeland,fl
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2010 at 4:38pm
Certainly people convert and/or change there opinions. But, in my opinion, the ones that do are already searching for a reason to believe or not believe. When someone is already steadfast in his or her convictions around this matter, there is almost no chance you will change his or her mind, regardless of which side of the fence you are on. BKH
Livin' the Dream

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2010 at 5:20pm
davee40,

Wait.....

Quote but when confronted i think its allways best to stand up for truth . not to argue but to at least plant a seed for thought.

So you are an atheist or at least a deist. People shouldn't pretend to be certain about things they cannot possibly be certain about.

Okie,

I am a slave to no one.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2010 at 5:35pm
God doesnt believe in Athiests....you need something to believe in, something whether it be what we know as god himself or a higher being, someone you can talk too besides your other personality lol, really though its the faith that comes from within your soul that there is good in this world, im sure you guys have been in the worst drunk of your life throwing up everywhere and im sure your first thoughts were God, I'll never ever drink again...that is a hidden faith that deep down is instilled in your being.Faith has been questioned because technology caught up with us, imagine in the 1800's when the world shook as it just did in Chile, people ran to thier churches, Mayans sacrificed people because of thunderstorms and those were the thoughts of those days but that has slowy left as technology could explain why things happen and the result was a lack of faith. you have to believe in something, I know there is an in between to where ever we end up, maybe a place where the aches and pains are no longer, no wheel chairs, a place of peace, but beyond that i dont know...thats faith, and if your wrong and you dont believe in something, well i guess you will find out
"the things you own will start to own you"
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2010 at 2:58pm
Phil,

IMO, you're kidding yourself. We are all slaves to whatever we believe in and the things that consume our "being". That is the reason for the question earlier in the thread about what you worship. We all "worship" something in some way, shape or form.
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 1:44pm
Okie,

I'm not sure what kind of slave your talking about and I don't understand when you say "the things that consume our being". Like Fast Food? In any case, I'm talking about human slaves. One person owning another. The bible is pro-slavery and it's also clear that women were put on earth to serve men, to keep their homes in order, and to be incubators of sons. Have you ever studied Deuteronomy 22? Check out Deuteronomy 22:28-29 GNB.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 2:10pm
Hey Phil,
The Old Testament has got some color! The stories are rich, full, and as you have noted well, at times quite troubling. Those old stories just don't fit so well into our society. What a culture that was back then, most of the stories come from a period of time when the people were nomadic and survival was a daily top of the list concern. Not just survival of life, but survival of culture. I think that if one does thorough study of Jewish Patriarchy in comparison to the other cultures of the era there is a discovery, that at times, the Jewish law code was an improvement, a move forward. The concept of the Year of Jubilee, for instance was very innovative, allowing people who had fallen on rough times to become self sufficient again. I'm not sure it is fair to take what we know about relationships today and apply it backwards. Slavery for instance. Yes there were slaves in biblical times; it was accepted practice, but a far different practice than the slavery of the US in the 18th and 19th centuries. In biblical times slavery was seen, and is often translated as service, and slaves were viewed, sometimes, as family. It was not considered, at those times, even among the "servants," as unjust. Fortunately society moved forward and those relationships changed.

The larger point however is that Scripture introduces a "New Covenant," one not based on adherence to the old law code, but based on love and bringing hope to desperation. Which is the point, I tried to make earlier. The "New Covenant" introduces concepts like peacemaking, self sacrifice for the common good, hope for people who were blind, sick, imprisoned, and poor. There was a growing equality found in the "New Covenant," where there was no rich nor poor, no Jew nor Greek, no male nor female, no slave nor free -- all were one. But the biggest single point of the New Covenant is this: it is not what you believe it is "Do you know you are loved, and do you love others?" And that is where our hope is.

Sadly, through the years, the church (the institution) has failed, at times miserably, in living in this covenant. Wonderfully though, the church, and by that I don't mean the institution, but the organic church has been caught up by loving others and when that happens, hope comes.

Thanks again for your thoughts . . . it's always good for me to think about such important things.

Chuck

Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 3:05pm
Phil,

You and I are looking at it from two different perspectives, in a sense. It is still possible for people to be slaves to people in this day and age and it happens quite frequently. It happens in a way that is less obvious than what you are thinking. However, that wasn't what I was talking about, per se. My point is more on the comment you quoted..."the things that consume our being".

I'll throw out an extreme example...an alcoholic. An alcoholic worships alcohol...it is his god, so to speak. Alcohol consumes his being and he is a slave to it. It controls his life.

We all have vices and we all have something(s) that hold great importance in our lives. Those things (or sometimes people) are our gods. They are what we worship and what we are slaves to.

Here's something to think about. Would you rather worship or be a slave to something in this world that offers you nothing but instant gratification, or would you rather worship and be a slave to God, who IS love and provided you a path to everlasting life shared with Him?

That's the way I look at it. You might not see it the same way, and that's fine. In the end, the choice is yours.

Like I said earlier, if you think you do not worship anything and you are not a slave, you are kidding yourself IMO.

Chuck did a pretty good job of comparing OT to NT and the New Covenant and what it means. It is important to understand the history and culture of the OT and it is important to understand what God commanded the people to do back then. It frames a context as to why Jesus came an what the overall purpose is. Many people like yourself interpret that as how we should live our lives today, which leads to the type of thoughts and comments you have shared with us. It is understandable to have those types of thoughts and comments when the entire context isn't taken into account. Like Chuck said, thanks for the thoughts. Every time thoughts like that are shared, it challenges people to look deep into the belief and into the Bible's teachings to understand them even better than before.

*(One side note that Chuck elluded to is that slavery was common back then and different like he noted. However, God was commanding his people to treat the slaves better and to take good care of them, also providing them with guidance and discipline. When fully understood, this shows you how God was instructing his people to do better...to be better, than common society at the time)
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 4:00pm
Quote Would you rather worship or be a slave to something in this world that offers you nothing but instant gratification, or would you rather worship and be a slave to God, who IS love and provided you a path to everlasting life shared with Him?

I think it's clear I think that the story of God/Jesus, Christianity, and all other religions is just that, a story made up by man 2k years ago. I can understand why you WANT to believe in it. It is an amusing story and you were probably either indoctrinated into it or you had some kind of life altering event.

God, he's all knowing, all powerful, all loving, yet he allows so much suffering, death, and destruction. Yet people continue to pray to him as if he can influence what happens here on earth. Doesn't sound like a nice guy to me... And one I would rather not be associated with. So, to answer your question if I would rather live an eternal life with god. No, I would never live with someone who could have fixed all the suffering children in the world. I would have some really choice words for someone like that.

It's also important to point out that there is plenty of scripture in the NT that supports slavery.

As technology continues to advance and people continue to become more and more educated religion will eventually fiz out just like Zeus, Isis, Thor and the thousands of other dead gods that lie buried in the mass grave we call mythology.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 9>
  Share Topic