Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

pro tech iginition

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rubitlarman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubitlarman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pro tech iginition
    Posted: May-12-2005 at 8:17pm
Hi I'm desparetly after some protech ignition stuff, namely a coil. If anyone has one please let me know. Or if anyone has upgraded their system to something else as the guys from skidim tell me that parts for the protech stuff are no longer availible.
My email is rubitlarman@hotmail.com
Cheers
Rob
More power is needed till the fear of speed is overcome by the thrill of acceleration
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2005 at 11:04am
Good day, Rob is there any particular reason you want to stay with Protech? There are more available if you cant get that particular brand. I'm surprised they didn't try to find an equivalent for you.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubitlarman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2005 at 7:11pm
We wanted one that would just bolt on but if we have to will go to different coils. Older Buick's that have the 3.8 V6 have a system that looks exactly the same but the coil packs only come in a pack of three. Were you just meaning diferent coils or changing the system to something else?
Rob
More power is needed till the fear of speed is overcome by the thrill of acceleration
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2005 at 10:01am
Rob,I guess just changing it to something else if that would make it easier.I'm not familier with your set up so thats why I asked. Am I to understand that you have 3 coils in the set up? I always thought that there was only one coil involved in a generic application. But I guess on some of your hot-rods or race cars you'd have two coils but not for a v-6?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
watermutt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watermutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2005 at 10:49pm
i spoke with jim miller of pcm on saturday, he said they had some protec coil packs still available but very few. they were trying to save them for the efi motors and get carb people to switch setups.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubitlarman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2005 at 12:17am
Are you able to give me a number to call them? Being over here is New Zealand we dont have many people around who deal with the inboard stuff.
Thanks for your help
Rob
watermutt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watermutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2005 at 11:07pm
you will have to go through a correct craft dealer to buy the part. try white lake marine at 336-221-9005, talk to Ken.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic