Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cool Jump from the Show Ski Nationals

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cool Jump from the Show Ski Nationals
    Posted: February-16-2010 at 7:11pm
Here are two photos from about 1983 in Moline, Illinois site of the Show Ski Nationals. Great Jump side skirt art design!

Ski Nautique doing what it does well, pulling another act!

Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 12:27am
What is the little boat? More importantly the small boats they used to jump at Tommy Bartlett? I want a little toy, and I just cant bring myself to buy a waverunner.
My Blue 82SOLD!
Pauly-Banana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 12:53am
The boat in the picture is either a 1982 or 1983 Ski Nautique minus the windshield for ski around the boat! The jump boats were made by MasterCraft. The little boat in the photo is a Fliver clown boat next to the jump!

Here is our jump boat from the 1970's! Included is the original Mercury 500 used in the shows for years!

In the water!

On the trailer!

Bartlett Sign!
Pauly-Banana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 1:33am
Here is one of our old Flivers-no longer own this one!

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 9:08am
The Flivers sure have become a rarity. I don't think many were made and not for a very long time. Our ski team up north was lucky to have found one. Pauly, do you know any of the history on them?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 9:12am
Hey Pete
Didn't Colin dump the fliver with your motor on it?
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Brady Brady wrote:

Hey Pete
Didn't Colin dump the fliver with your motor on it?

Is that why the 1 15 is shot?? Of course him flipping the Alumacraft by hitting a rock taking the short cut by the Big Stone Lake rocks didn't help ether! Actually, I think the 15 they used on the Fliver is the one that still runs. Watercraft installed the dead man tether on it before it went on the Fliver. I wasn't up north so I didn't see the show when he dumped the fliver. I did hear about it....several months later!!!

Now, I don't want to here any remarks I normally get from you such as "like father like son" when this subject comes up!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 3:01pm
Here is some of what we know. Most flivers used today are possibly still being made in Winterhaven, Florida. They are within 10 minutes of each other. The white fliver in the earlier picture was mine. It is a 1988 Nole in Miami Dolphin colors. Pauly and my mom (Marilyn) picked the boat up while in Florida. They gave it to me as a wedding gift! Paul's fliver is made my Osborne and is a 1989 blue and white.

Engine used where Mercury 25 hp short shafts. The top end was about 32 mph. Pauly and I would wait until the boat traffic was off the lake and race each other. Sometime I won and sometimes he did. Normally there would be less than one boat length seperation.

The Osborn was more stable at fast speeds. The nole would start to skid from side to side. Pauly had the nicest of the two. He still has his, but has a two holes in the bottom.

We have also heard to possibly some of the older flivers with fins on the top sides were made somewhere in the midwest. Pauly paid $300 for my used fliver and his was around $800 brand new!

Here are some more pictures! Pauly's on the dock!

Pauly pulling our first pick-up boat for our show team.

Here I am in the Nole with my dog Scooter

Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 9:05pm
That just looks like a good time. Thanks for your help guys.
My Blue 82SOLD!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic