NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Motor mounts & rotted stringers

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2005 at 2:43pm
Good info David. I still think you should write a book. Even a small pamplet - ask for donations on a website.... anyway, keep the good info coming. (I will have to re-glass the stringers on my '66 before I can put it in the water.) I have had some tell me to just lay a new stringer along side the old stringer, glue 'em and screw 'em and then glass the whole thing to the hull. Opinions?
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
mackwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2005 at 3:25pm
Jim, My 2 cents are that rot is rot is rot, if you put a patch over it, thats a short term fix. You need to cut all the rot and replace as necessary before the entire length of stringer is rotted. I would follow Davids advice. ........

I was very fortunte that my rot was just confined to the lag bolt aera's, for a 40 year old boat!
NO LONGER A MEMBER
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2005 at 6:42pm
Sounds good to me.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic