Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where does this screw fit

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where does this screw fit
    Posted: May-10-2005 at 2:02am
I put a renew kit in my Holley 4160 and upon reassembling it I realized that I should have made more notes. There is a hollow screw with a ball inside that is one of the screws that holds the throttle body to the bottom of the carb. Does it go in the mid hole on the primary side? or does it go on the secondary end? Any help would be appreciated. and yes, I feel like a dummy.
Bob Ed
83 2001
Siveck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siveck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2005 at 12:32pm
I'm not for sure here, but maybe that is a check valve for your power valve to keep it from blowing if there is a backfire. If so, then it would most likely be the middle hole on the primary side. It's been almost a year since I rebuilt mine, so I'm not for sure. Can anyone confirm this?
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2005 at 2:13am
Does it look like a giand regular headed screw with 2 flat sides near the top ? If so it is the needle and seat and screws into the top front of the carb.This is how the float level is controlled on a Holley.Here is a link to a needle and seat just to show you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7973581172&category=33551&sspagename=WDVW
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic