NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barracuda /Nautique gross weight

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
barr 68 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr 68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barracuda /Nautique gross weight
    Posted: May-05-2005 at 9:12am
Has anyone actually weighed a late 60'Barracuda or Nautique ? The specs say that the Barracuda is about 4 hundred pounds heavier than the nautique. Other than the glass windshield on the 'cuda, I don't see any other areas that would cause such a big difference. Any thoughts? Jim B.
barr68
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2005 at 10:47am
take another look at the spec sheets,the nautique hull is 5"longer in the ass end,where the barracuda is 5 or6" wider across the beam.overall shape & design adds more fiberglass/weight.i dont know if that alone = 400lbs,but it adds up.
kenny g
barr 68 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr 68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2005 at 11:55am
Hey Kenny, thanks for the input. My cuda project/pile that I purchased from Wichita as a turnkey boat turned out to be a 5 month project. The good news is it has come together and looks and runs pretty good now. I think a good way for prosective buyers of these era Correct Crafts could possibly idenify a boat with soaked foam problems by weighing it at a truck scale BEFORE writing the check.A boat that weighs substantially more than the specified weight is obviously saturated. Had I done that I could have saved myself a lot of money and time. Good luck, Jim
barr68
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2005 at 11:55am
yea but think about all the fun you had while digging out that foam.now you can kick back and cruise in a real classic
kenny g
hyper1685 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hyper1685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2005 at 4:21pm
how can you tell if you have soaked foam? im assuming that the foam is the white stuff covering everything in the bilge. How do you get it out, and do you have to replace it?

Thanks,
Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic