NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

engine warning system

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
hyper1685 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hyper1685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: engine warning system
    Posted: April-29-2005 at 3:49pm
the engine warning system in my 86 sn 2001 has been unplugged ever since i baught the boat a year ago. i plugged it in when i noticed that it was unplugged and it stared going off. there is nothing wrong with the boat that i can tell. what does the warning system monitor? how can i fix it? it is probably just a short or bad connection. (i hope)

Thanks,
Chris
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2005 at 3:54pm
I think it is to warn if the motor is getting too hot. It could be a temp sensor gone bad.
Tim D
ben View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2005 at 8:41pm
It will let you know if motor is too hot, volts are too low, or oil pressure too low.
mrese View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2005 at 11:19pm
More than likely it is caused by a bad ground. Mine has started to chirp when the blower is turned on. My plan is this weekend is to disconnect the cannon plug and then connect the pins with a jumper wire until I found which wire in the system is setting off the audio. That's where I plan on starting.
hyper1685 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hyper1685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2005 at 2:05pm
thanks for the repies. is it supposed to sound when the key is on, but the engine is off?
ben View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2005 at 12:16am
Mine does, the oil pressure alarm is setting it off.
hyper1685 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hyper1685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2005 at 3:40am
the oil press is setting it off. the oil press guage shows around 60 psi. i checked the volts at the sending unit, guage, and the wire going from the guage to the alarm they all read around 3.8-4 volts. why is the alarm going off of the guage reads 60 psi and the same voltage is going to the guage and alarm? how do i fix this?

Thanks,
Chris
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2005 at 2:07pm
The warning system has its own sensors seperate from the gauge sending units (you will notice two temperature sending units and a sending unit tee-ed off the oil pressure sending unit piping). Check or replace the sensors and clean-up all grounds.

PS: the sending units are grounded through their base. If tefelon tape used at the sending units, the tape can interfer with the grounding of the unit.
Suds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2005 at 9:17pm
My 87 2001 does the same thing but only when the Nav. lights are turned on. The temp gauge goes up, oil light comes on dim. This is caused by a grounding problem, just haven't had the time to track it down.

Trust the gauges not the lights or noise maker!
Later,
Suds
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic