Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How long to change steering cable?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
AWhite70 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long to change steering cable?
    Posted: April-29-2005 at 12:29pm
The steering cable on my '79 SN is a little tight and I'm contemplating changing it. How big of a job is this to do?

How long does it take?
What all has to come apart?
Are there any tricks one should know about?

Anyone know what cable is needed for a '79 Ski Nautique?

Thanks
79nautique View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2005 at 1:45pm
I had to do mine a couple of years ago and it was pretty easy job maybe about an hour or so. You'll have to remove the back seat and the pannel behind it as well as the middle section of the floor and motor box to have access to everything. A cordless drill makes removing the screws a quick job. Then there is a bolt at the tiller arm and the four bolts of the clamp block then just unscrew the collar at the helm and it's ready to take out.

I talked to vince at ski dim and he know the right cable I needed so I can't help with the part number. I think Correct Craft used two different style helms back then and you could tell the difference by the bolt pattern, one is a three and the other is a four bolt pattern I think was the difference.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic