Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTB 1973 Century Resorter

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
112motorsports View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 112motorsports Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB 1973 Century Resorter
    Posted: September-29-2009 at 1:14am
I am trying to find either that boat I grew up with or one just like it. It is a 1973 Century Resorter 18 foot. It was Dark Blue on Dark Blue. I realize it is not a Nautique but will compliment my Nautique just great. The one I grew up around was on Crooked Lake in Angola IN. It was sold a couple of years ago by Bill or Gene Thompson, and they are from Grainger IN. If the new owner is here please contact me, or if you might now where one just like this is please pass it along as, I am desperately looking for this boat. Thanks for any and all help. Here is a picture of the boat

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2009 at 1:34am
Many of us like Centurys also. A fiberglass Coronado Hardtop is on my short list of attainable dream boats.

Good luck with your Resorter. People do track down old family cars, bikes and boats so your efforts aren't in vain.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2009 at 2:19am
There is one on my lake, resorter, right color for sure can't be sure about the year though. The guy has a couple inboards and is proud of them but he is sadly losing it, he and the family knows it and they are selling at least one of the boats. I will see if I can find him, he is always trying to set up a race between me and some guy in his cove who is always running him down.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2009 at 10:53am
I know this is not even close, but what the heck, it's blue, and under $1000.

72 Resorter
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

112motorsports View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 112motorsports Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2009 at 1:09pm
Please do JoeinNY as I would greatly appreciate it. Tullfooter I have emailed that guy for some pictures but haven't gotten a response from him yet. Thanks for all of your help keep it comming and hopefully I will find this boat.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2009 at 1:47pm
my virgin boat was a 1976 century, arabian or resorter, Borg warner v-drive....didnt winterize and cracked the block...to lazy i guess, or maybe i was like one of the clueless boaters back then. ended up giving the boat away
"the things you own will start to own you"
79 Mustang View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2009 at 7:13pm
Check the Indina - Indianapolis Craigs list of boats for sale. There is a 19?? Resorter blue on blue there for 4000.00. Sorry the ad did not copy well. Craigs list does have some good pictures too.

Last posted on Oct. 13

Century Resorter Boat (1971 Inboard) - $4000 (Indiana)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-10-13, 6:01AM EDT
Reply to: sale-6ycvv-1419086303@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Classic Century Resorter Boat

*16'

*Inboard

Improvements:

*Steering Package

*Starter

*Interior Carpeting and Upholstery

*Shore Lander Trailer

*Stereo / Speakers

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1419086303
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2009 at 12:49am
Try lake Candlewwod near New Fairfield Ct. There use to be one up there in the Knolls
...those who have fallen and those who will.
connerj14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connerj14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2009 at 7:14pm
I just got a 73 century coronado for my 18th birthday. i love it but does anyone know a good fiberglass repair shop in oklahoma or dallas. also some where that does re gelcoating in the same area
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2009 at 7:26pm
Conner, what are you dealing with? Welcome to the site, lots of good info and people on the site. Post some pics of your new boat! What a great gift!
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2009 at 8:33pm
Conner - Happy 18th! What a cool BD present.

Can you post a photo?

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2009 at 12:03am
Connor, Mojo and I both really dig old fiberglass Coronados. I really want a early 70's with a hard top. Start up a thread in the 'Off Topic' area, post some pictures and I'm sure all us guys will help as much as possible. As long as it is not a Mastercraft or Malibu, we won't harass you for not being a Correct Craft.
connerj14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connerj14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2009 at 12:59pm
I will try and get some pictures on here as soon as possible. The boat was my great uncles boat he bought it brand new and passed away awhile back. My parents said they couldn't stand to have it leave the family. It's not in the best shape there are some chips in the fiberglass , the top has a small crack in it, the only gauge that works is the speedometer. a couple years before he died he put new interior in it its yellow to match the outside (originally brown) it still runs great we also have a crownline and my boat pulled me up skiing and wakeboarding better then the crownline.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2009 at 1:54pm
The Coronados are very popular, much more so than the Resorters.   Does it have a 440 Chrysler? Don't let anyone work on it that is not familiar with Centurys.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2009 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Don't let anyone work on it that is not familiar with Centurys.

Bruce,
What's your concern here? I've never run across anything that much different with the glass boats. Now with a wood hull and the single plank batten seam, that's a different story!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2009 at 3:48pm
Coronados bring big money Pete. It's a lot more important to keep them original than it is Correct Crafts. I'd be worried about someone hacking it up and then some judge giving me grief about it.
connerj14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connerj14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2009 at 7:55pm
it has a 454 Crusader in it
skibumpmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibumpmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2010 at 11:02pm
Coronados are more rare than Resorters
skibumpmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibumpmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2010 at 11:16pm
You need info on your Coronado? I can help. I don't know your area for gelcoat repairs, but re-gelcoating that boat would be thousands of dollars. If you just want to change the color, paint is probably the only reasonable option.

My advice would be to keep the boat original. You may not be wild about the color, but trust me, everyone else will respect that boat when you're out on the water for what if is...A rare classic boat!

FYI...I own a Century Coronado Cardel which is basically a V-Drive Coronado. Here's a video link of my Cardel...

You Tube - Century Coronado Cardel

My Cardel might be for sale...I own 2 boats right now.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2010 at 11:26pm
Pat, good looking century you got there! What year is it?
skibumpmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibumpmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2010 at 11:42pm
Thanks..It's a 1986, but that fools most people who think it is much older. I think the light blue color makes it look more like a 70's vintage.

Century converted the Coronado Hull from wood to glass in 1970. Interestingly, Century never made a single change to that hull through it's entire production run. The last ones rolled off the line after Yamaha acquired Century in 1998, so the only way to really tell the age is by the color and or condition of the boat.

My Cardel is basically a V-Drive Coronado, which Century only made from 1982 to 1988 in limited production runs.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2010 at 1:49am
   Thought I'd post another pic of this since talking of Centurys .... This is the 68 Resorter my buddy ending up buying a couple of years ago from the original owner..

This pic is the first time the boat had been in the water in 6 years...

I've known of the boat for several years...took a while to "talk" the owner into letting go..... We are trying to verify, but PO said it is a 427 power.... either way...way cool boat!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
skibumpmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibumpmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2010 at 2:42am
Yah...That's actually an interesting Resorter...Century was playing around with Fiberglass during those years.

In the late 60's...You could actually get a Resorter or a Resorter FGL; in other words you could get a Resorter in Wood of Fiberglass in the same year. Your buddy has the Resorter FGL

I could believe a 427. In those days there was really no "standard spec" for engines in these boats; there were several engine choices from different marine builders with no rhyme or reason. By the 70's, Century had by narrowed the engine choices down to a 440, 454,351 or a 318. In the 80's you were limted to chosing from a 440, 454 or 350, although the 440's were becoming extinct, by then.

I'm sure it has a nice exhaust note...
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2010 at 2:50am
Originally posted by skibumpmc skibumpmc wrote:

Thanks..It's a 1986, but that fools most people who think it is much older. I think the light blue color makes it look more like a 70's vintage.

Century converted the Coronado Hull from wood to glass in 1970. Interestingly, Century never made a single change to that hull through it's entire production run. The last ones rolled off the line after Yamaha acquired Century in 1998, so the only way to really tell the age is by the color and or condition of the boat.

My Cardel is basically a V-Drive Coronado, which Century only made from 1982 to 1988 in limited production runs.

Interesting info! There is a Century the same color on the DM river's Power Boat Club. I stopped and talked with the owner thinking it was an early 80's boat and was shocked to hear it was a 93?! Very cool, classy boats.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2010 at 2:51am
Steve, is he bringing that thing down to Muscatine?! I'd love to see it!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2010 at 3:25am
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Steve, is he bringing that thing down to Muscatine?! I'd love to see it!

Chris, I'm pretty sure the boat will be around, Dave Moritz, director of the Muscatine Show, is the guy that bought the boat.. Last year we took her for a couple of cruises over the coarse of the weekend.

This is supposedly the first year for a 'glass Resorter. I think they did make them in wood yet as well that year.

Heres a couple more pics....

Replacing rotted deck boards....

Heres a pic that shows the motor..

Dont have any pics of the boat after getting it back together... turned out great!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2010 at 12:58pm
Cool old century thread. As some of you know my faimly had the Century dealership in OKC for sometime.The 427 was available Ford of course,side oiler cross bolt mains.Spent many hours in and behind old Centurys wood and glass.I have heard that someone in FL still has the molds and turns out a few new Coronados every year.Would be my wish to find a 19 Resorter big block.

Munday
If the only tool you have is a hammer,everything starts to look like a nail.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2010 at 1:26pm
Munday, what years did your family have the busness? We bought our '80 Resorter from Channel Marine on Winapasauki in NH. They were a family business that sold Centurys for years. We bought the boat from Vin Callahan.

Steve, if it's a 427, it ought to be easy to tell by the cross bolts. It seems that's the only FE engine that's readily identifiable. It looks like the engine in our Cuda.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2010 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by skibumpmc skibumpmc wrote:

You need info on your Coronado? I can help. I don't know your area for gelcoat repairs, but re-gelcoating that boat would be thousands of dollars. If you just want to change the color, paint is probably the only reasonable option.

My advice would be to keep the boat original.

Paint a classic Century? We've got classic Correct Crafts that are being regelled!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2010 at 4:52pm
Very cool steve, Can't wait to see it! Does it have the upholstery on the deck?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic