NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTB Trick Ski

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB Trick Ski
    Posted: September-28-2009 at 12:37pm
I am in need of a kid sized (approx 38") right foot foward trick ski. T
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 3:37pm
Hi,
After spending the last 10 years coaching my kids to numerous regional and national championships in three events and including tricks I would recomend not persuing looking for a 38" ski. Kids will learn quicker on a biggger ski 40-42 also their are plenty of those sizes out in the world. I ski alot over at Cory Pickos and will be glad to see if their is anything available.

Jody
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 10:38pm
I have a pair of Obrien ST360's (aluminum tops). 41" They seem huge for my daughter. I waa told to get her a smaller ski but my source may not be the best. She is only 10 and 60-65lbs (depending on if she is wet or dry)

So should I just add a rear toe binding to one of these?
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2009 at 1:45am
Kevin,

You can. i would put down some non skid first. Flair the back of the rear toe a little so that it will be easy for her to get her foot into. The rear toe binding should be off at 45 degree angle. I always liked my back foot as close to the front foot as possible.
83Ski
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2009 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

I have a pair of Obrien ST360's (aluminum tops). 41" They seem huge for my daughter. I waa told to get her a smaller ski but my source may not be the best. She is only 10 and 60-65lbs (depending on if she is wet or dry)

So should I just add a rear toe binding to one of these?

It is not so much as they are huge rather the are heavy.
My Daughter skied while in girls 1-2 and part of 3 on the same 42" Obrien Mapple trick ski when she got to the point of needing to turn it faster we picked up a 41" Goode from Regina Jaquess. The Obrien was a typical rubber edge light weight trick ski similar to the D-3 or even the Kidder redline.
Also try Ski-it-again.com
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 1:28am
I'll keep looking
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 7:15pm
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 9:07pm
Thanks HW, I'm on it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic