Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Cumberland questions

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tgray15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgray15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lake Cumberland questions
    Posted: September-04-2009 at 2:40pm
we are planning a trip to cumberland, I have been there numerous times at different places with mixed results. I need the advice of someone who knows the lake well, we are looking or course acess,obviously house boat rental (burnside or Conley bottom) even if we have to bring our own, we are looking for some nice long canals. Also I really dont know much about the west end if we had to go there. I know there are many places but seems like every time you end up somewhere different. please help with some info, thanks

Troy
Bryan89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2009 at 6:42pm
We always go to Beaver Creek for our houseboat trip. There is a slalom course right outside the marina that is usually is good shape. We went in July on a weekend and were the only boat using it. There are also a couple of courses around Grinder Hill but I never make it that far.
TracyS211 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TracyS211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2009 at 10:05am
I am a little bit biased, but have you ever tried Norris? Same feel, would describe it as much more family and ski boat oriented. If you are coming from the north its only another hour, and while on Cumberland the muscle/go fast is the norm, you may go the entire week at Norris without seeing one, but you will see plenty of ski boats. There are three courses on the lake, and if you look for open water as long as you get off the main channels around Deerfield and Sequoyah Marinas you will find glass. Water clarity is even better at Norris than Cumberland, and there are plenty of very nice marinas to eat at. We bought down there four years ago after renting, camping, etc. Only issue with Norris is the camping is horrendous, no campgrounds with a good place to get in and out of your boat. Yes, I am a Norris honk, but I would think most on this board share my same interests, and I simply did not enjoy the big boats and craziness of Cumberland. Would be happy to make some location recommendations for you as well Tracy
tgray15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgray15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 1:24pm
thanks alot for the info, will look into it!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic