NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Comeback... Belgian style!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2009 at 10:47am
those Williams girls may have a touch of what that sprinter was found with...lol
"the things you own will start to own you"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2009 at 3:48pm
Kim won the match.
Serena Williams was her friendly self once again... As she always is when things don't go her way
This is the official statement about the incident:

"Statement from US Open Tournament Referee Brian Earley regarding the end of the Kim Clijsters vs. Serena Williams match:
Miss Williams was assessed a Code Violation, Warning, for racquet abuse after losing the first set, 6-4.
At 5-6, 15-30, Miss Williams was called for a foot fault on her second serve, making the score 15-40. She then began yelling at the line umpire using expletives. The line umpire reported this to the chair umpire. Based on the report, Miss Williams was assessed a Code Violation, Point Penalty, for Unsportsmanlike Conduct, thereby ending the match".
Statement from Tournament Referee Brian Earley
Saturday, September 12, 2009

Here's a video from the incident:
Clijsters - Williams; end of the game

We have a Belgian girl in the final of the US Open again!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 10:34am
congrats on Kim
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 10:39am
I watched the video on Drudge last night. I think the line judge was a little afraid of Williams after she made the call. I don't blame her, I'd be, too.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 11:37am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

those Williams girls may have a touch of what that sprinter was found with...lol

Hahaha, good one Eric. I definitely agree.

And boy was I happy to watch Serena explode like that in front of her home crowd, and then get boo'd off the court.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 3:05pm
Ya'll know Kim has won the US Open by now!
She's back! I'll bet she'll make it to number one on the WTA ranking again...

Last time she won the US Open (it was her first Grand Slam victory) she offered free beer to all the inhabitants in the pubs of her native little town... I don't have to explain in what condition I got home that night, do I...?
It's good to be from Bree!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 3:44pm
GOOD for KiM!!! you must be proud of her..not touching a racquet in tow years and in the comeback she nails a Grand Slam..leaving in the way at the Williams Sisters...

Now let´s make force on Del Potro!!!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 6:36pm
Yes congrats to Kim...pretty remarkable what she's done, coming back from having a child to knocking off both Williams sisters in a tourny to win the US Open. Pretty impressive. She'll have to stay consistent to get back to #1.

Kap...good luck to Del Potro for sure, he'll need to keep his serve going like he has to stand a chance...but Federer is playing out of this world. Did you see that thru the legs shot against Djokovic? ...incredible. And it gave him match point no less.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 6:52pm
Yes that shot was amizing..Delpo, yes he needs his service to be good..
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2009 at 7:19pm
I'll keep my thumbs up for Delpo.
But, against Federer... Oh man, it's gonna be though!

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2009 at 2:16am
YEAH!!!! ha Del Potro did it!!! what a match!!!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2009 at 5:05am
Seb,
Congrats on the victory of Del Potro. Winning the final from Federer is quite an achievement!!
Must be party time in Argentina now .

As we suspected here in Bree, there will be a big party in honor of Kim's victory in our little town's center . It's confirmed in our local newspaper.
Free beer!!    

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2009 at 10:15am
i had a good laugh yesterday, on the way home i drive through our local golf course, and yesterday I timed it perfect, 3 old codgers were golfing and one of them was chipping onto the green...yep, hit the horn, i couldnt see the guy chipping after i past but i could see his 2 buddies flipping me off...i dont know why but im still laughing this morning, maybe cause ive never seen 70 year old guys flying the bird
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2009 at 11:14am
What a match for sure. I haven't seen Fed play that horrible all summer, don't know what his deal was, but after the first set he didn't play well at all. That's why the play the matches though, and Del Potro definitely rose to the occasion. He was absolutely smashing his forehands....he definitely earned the match.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2009 at 10:17am
Can anyone come up with the video clip of Bruce Lee playing table tennis with numchucks? pretty amazing, he beats his opponent (not with chucks) the game
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2009 at 2:10pm
Well, Chantal and I are off to the party on the town square...
Will let you guys know how it went tomorrow.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2009 at 2:18pm
well im off to go back to work
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2009 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Can anyone come up with the video clip of Bruce Lee playing table tennis with numchucks? pretty amazing, he beats his opponent (not with chucks) the game

there you go...(btw amazing video)
bruce lee playing table tennis
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2009 at 3:53pm
this on is better...

more bruce lee
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 6:57pm
Kristof

you have to be more than happy..first Kim ...and now Justine!!! I wish her good luck on her return to the circuit..and hope she nails the Australian Open!!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2009 at 7:27pm
Threadjack.....

Kristof, drop me a line...

Moj'
d.dorsen@worlnet.att.net
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 4:26pm
Well, if more of them looked like this, I could get into tennis...

Until then, I think I will pass waching the Williams sisters
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 5:28pm
are those real!!! LOL
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 7:18pm
emerson biggins
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 7:35pm

holy crap
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 7:57pm
yummy!!! nice shorts!!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 8:02pm
Belgium is about to become a great tennis nation again, even if our two girls are not having "the hot looks"
One thing is certain... They both are gonna kick a$$ on the courts!

Mojo,
I read your mail. Left you a message on your voice mail.
I'll get back to you as soon as I can (when things will settle a bit over here).

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2009 at 8:14pm
now you need the mens tennis to catch up with them..LOL
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2010 at 8:31am
Well, after Kim Clijsters' comeback, our second belgian tenniswoman, Justine Henin, also made her comeback.

"Comeback Mom"-Kim and Justine Henin are duelling against each other in the final of the Brisbane WTA Tournament in Australia...

Go Belgium!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic