Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

drain hole on 84 2001

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
deneng View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deneng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: drain hole on 84 2001
    Posted: April-19-2005 at 6:17pm
I had some small cracks near the hole that drains water from the front of the boat ,and it kept draining {the cracks when i would take the boat out to the water}. Anyway, i thought this was the drain from the cooler box , so i epoxied it along with the cracks so that it would'nt get the stringers wet. Noe im told that this hole needs to be open for drainage because water can get in the front of the boat . It does not make sence to me because the front of the boat seems to be sealed up. How can water get up there? Should i drill a hole back where the old one was?
Will condisation build up otherwise if i dont ? I thought this hole was only to drain that stupid cooler box? Im probibly wrong, but if someone knows for sure it would save me headache of drilling new hole and worring about
draiage ....thanks
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2005 at 6:25pm
Do CCs come with a built-in cooler? Mine does not have room for my feet, much less a cooler.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2005 at 12:09am
I'm pretty sure your talking about the battery box up front between the seats.
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
skyhawkflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawkflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2005 at 2:20pm
My 87 has a cooler under the observation seat, a plastic base with a drain line attached, it runs to the bilge. You shouldn't block any of the drains. All area's of the boat need to be able to drain, and if they can't then a problem will quickly develop. Water from the bilge can wash forward to the battery box, and then run aft again when pulling your boat out of the water. That is normal. If you have some cracks get them repaired in the winter or spring after the boat has dried out thoroughly, but don't block the drain.
2001barefoot View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001barefoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2005 at 6:00pm
I have a 2001 also. There is the battery box right ahead of the ski pylon and then the cooler. The cooler is in sync with the bilge area so if you are using the cooler, you can put a drain plug in to stop the ice water or leave it out and the water is gone to the bilge area. What I do is stick a rubber drain plug from a livewell in there and water never enters there. Hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic