Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OUI / DWI?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DeepCreekNauti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OUI / DWI?
    Posted: August-03-2009 at 9:14pm
So my brother takes out the boat the other night for a relaxing night cruise around midnight. Not fast just putting along right out of neutral listening to the radio. No kids, no wife..you get the idea. On the way home, he runs out of gas literally about 100 yard from our dock.

As he's going over his options, 2 police boats pull up. They apparently saw the lights dimming with each crank and figured he might need assistance.

Long story short the question was asked "You been drink'n tonight" of course he had. So they bust him for drinking while driving, tow the boat and haul him off to the local station.

He was cited for OUI Operating Under the Influence. Has anyone every had this? I know its the same as a DWI but is it really the same? He is trying to figure out should he get a lawyer or is this different. Can it show on his driving record or effect his car insurance?
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2009 at 11:21pm
Lawyer up OUI DWI same thing

so I've heard
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2009 at 5:58am
Over here it's the same thing...
OUI and DWI are in the same category...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2009 at 2:02pm
Yes, your brother should consult a lawyer.

In most states OUI and a DWI are not the same thing (some states also use the term DUI) and in fact one is probably a lesser offense than the other. Still, conviction for either can severely impact the individual. Your brother absolutely should consult a lawyer.

BKH

Livin' the Dream

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2009 at 2:14pm
make sure he knows the judge well, it helps
"the things you own will start to own you"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2009 at 2:44pm
I got the feeling he will definatly feel the sting on this one. He's a fan so feel free to make fun of him. In the end, it's his own damn fault. Sorry bro.

I spoke to a guy who got one last year and he said in Maryland it is treated the same as if he was driving a car. Ouch!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2009 at 4:22pm
(make sure his attorney has beers with the judge on Friday nights)) we were slated for some time, I wont go into it, but the 4 cops were outside the court chomping, i was shting, i told my attorney whatever it takes.. never did go into the courtroom that day...just the bennies, I know those 4 were PO'D..
make sure he has uncle ben with him
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2009 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by DeepCreekNauti DeepCreekNauti wrote:

In the end, it's his own damn fault. Sorry bro.

I'm glad you said that, so now I won't feel like such a jerk when I say this....

...It's his own damn fault.

Yes he should probably consult a lawyer.

I understand he was probably just putting around. I just have absolutely 0% tolerance for people who operate under the influence, whether a boat, car, motorcycle, etc...

Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2009 at 7:43pm
the only thing you should ride when your drinking is......
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2009 at 8:53pm
Was he asked to take a breathalizer test? If not, OUI may come into play. Each state is different in their BAC levels and rules. If he blew and he's over the BAC level min for your state, he's in perverbial Deep Sh*t. He had better consult a lawyer with a background in this type defense, and yes, perferably someone who practices in the same county as the arrest. In certain states you could lose your license to drive, and yes, it may effect his insurance.....

We warn everyone about this while at the reunions. Yes, he's got some issues on his hands for sure......

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 2:22am
In Minnesota DUI is same for boats and cars, boating incedents go on your driving record. Open bottle in boat is still ok though. I spent most of my adult life delighting the pleasure of a beer in the boat but have mostly given it up. If I do I only bring one with, the cooler is full of pop ( soda to most of you), it doesent take much to hit .08 and if you get in an injury accident they will hang you for levels lower than that. Welcome to the nanny state. Growing up stinks but I guess its better to do it on your own than having someone else make you.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 10:41am
So I think now we now why the police were a little jumpy with my brother the night he got picked up. Check out this article that made it in the DC news site.

Talk about leaving a man behind. These clowns are really poor wingmen.

I know that article makes it sound like the cops were in hot pursuit but how long does it take to run a boat up a lift, cover it up and walk up to the house? All the while "intoxicated"

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=598&sid=1733361
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 11:04am
If I were him, I'd beat the snot out of all those idiots! Or at least kick them in the Nutz.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 11:18am
How can a body be negligent AND operate a vehicle at the same time?!!?

...except for a couple of our more famous members maybe?    

There's so many things wrong with that article it's hard to know where to start.

I am sorry about what happened to your brother.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2009 at 10:06pm
well he could have drowned while trying to swim the boat in while drunk...so maybe the cops saved his life.

2 bucks worth of gas(or just not drinking) would have prevented an $8,000 to $10,000 court bill.

he's how they roll in Ca.

http://cbs5.com/local/lake.sonoma.death.2.974847.html
This is the life
nautiless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2009 at 11:00am
Nah..

He wasn't as thunk as you drink he was
1982 SN 2001 RIP (Resto in Progress)

Don's Diary

aamaomao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aamaomao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2009 at 2:03am
During the Australian leg of the HIStory World Tour, Jackson married dermatologist nurse Deborah Jeanne Rowe on November 14, 1996. She bore him two children: a son, Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr. (after divorce name changed to Prince
Atlantica gold
Michael Jackson), and a daughter, Paris Katherine Michael Jackson. The pair first met in the mid-1980s, when Jackson was diagnosed with vitiligo. She spent many years treating his illness as well as providing emotional support. They built a strong friendship, then became romantically involved. Originally there were no plans to marry, but following
Atlantica power leveling
Rowe's first pregnancy, Jackson's mother intervened and persuaded them to do so. Jackson later claimed that he was in such a rush to leave the hospital with daughter Paris in 1998 that he cut the cord and left with the baby covered in blood, 9Dragons Gold   taking the placenta with him in his haste. The couple divorced in 1999, and remained friends, with Rowe giving full custody of the children to Jackson.
Dofus Kamas
In 1997, Jackson released Blood on the Dance Floor: HIStory in the Mix, which contained remixes of hit singles from HIStory and five new songs. Worldwide sales stand at 6 million copies as of 2007, making it the best selling remix album ever released. It reached number one in the UK, as did the title track. In the US, the album was certified
ffxi gil
platinum, world of warcraft power leveling   but only reached number 24. Forbes placed his annual income at $35 million in 1996 and $20 million in 1997.
Throughout June 1999, Jackson was involved in a number of charitable events. He joined Luciano Pavarotti for a benefit concert in Modena, Italy. The show was in support of the non-profit organization War Child, and raised a million
rohan crone
dollars for the refugees of Kosovo, as well as additional funds for the children of Guatemala. Later that month, Jackson organized a set of "Michael Jackson & Friends" benefit concerts in Germany and Korea. Other artists involved included Slash, The Scorpions, Boyz II Men, Luther Vandross, Mariah Carey, A. R. Rahman, Prabhu Deva Sundaram, Shobana Chandrakumar, Andrea Bocelli and Luciano Pavarotti. The proceeds went to the "Nelson Mandela Children's Fund", the Red Cross and UNESCO.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2009 at 2:26am
^^^^^SPAM ALERT^^^^^WTF?
This is the life
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2009 at 1:33pm
Like I said in your other post. I think route 68 ruined that lake. I won't go there during the summer months anymore. It's a shame that used to be a nice place to go. WHAT A ZOO!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2009 at 3:57pm
Paul - Yeah, I could cry at how Deep Creek has changed over the years. The housing boom pushed lake front homes to $1 - 2 million. I can't figure out who has that kind of money for a lake house. Most of the mini-hotels they call houses up there sleep over 25 people. Totally nuts!

I stopped in Deep Creek Marina a few weeks back to take a look at those new Chris Craft Corsairs. I just about choked we he told me the sticker was $120,000. Good Grief! Love the boat but not the price. What's a payment on that?

We on the left heading south passed the Glendale. Blue 206. You can't miss us. Feel free to drop by anytime. Beers always cold.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2009 at 6:49pm
we may make another trip in Sept. not sure may just go to tygart or the Cheat instead.
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 1:52am
Paul, how's Cheat Lake? I've thought of giving it a try but haven't bothered yet.

Chris, I agree those Corsairs are sweet. The blue w/ red and white really gets my heart racing. I've been salivating over the one's they've had out front for over a year now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepCreekNauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 2:29pm
John,

You should stop in and see the red Corsair in the show room.

The Cheat is really nice. We did it a few years back and really liked it. I have been wanting to go back. Its part of a river if I remember correctly. Great place with low traffic.

Another benefit is the ladies from WVU tend to prefer it with what they call swimsuits.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2009 at 9:49pm
I love the cheat, very little traffic, (almost none during the week) no wall to wall docks and houses, and up toward the river end it stays glass all day.(sheltered from the wind chop)

Oh yea and there's the WVU girls dying to go for rides in a nice boat.
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 12:28pm
I was in there about a month ago and looked at that one! I was in a bit of a hurry so I didn't linger but did ask about the price out of curiosity.   120K didn't surprise me as much as it should have. I guess seeing new wake boats for $70-80K and off-shore boats for $400K on up kind of numbs the senses a bit.   Oh well, sweet boat. If I ever had the good fortune to afford/own one I would have to name it "Pipe Dream" just for irony sake.   Thanks for heads up on the Cheat guys. I'll have to try it before cool weather hits.   Which days are best for the "sightseeing"?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 12:48pm
were those Corsairs lined up at the public docks at GL?, nice lines if they were hard not to look twice at them.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

were those Corsairs lined up at the public docks at GL?, nice lines if they were hard not to look twice at them.

They sure were Eric.. Haven't sold a one yet... Ha! IMO, they are even appointed as nice as the Cobalts (that as you saw rule the water in GL).
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic