NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Get the Kids out on the water.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 21>
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 2:54pm
Congrats on the new boat. Is this the boat she slalomed behind? BKH
Livin' the Dream

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Congrats on the new boat. Is this the boat she slalomed behind? BKH

Thanks Brain..... Nope the 96' Ski... We'll see how she does behind this new wake she'll see for the first time..... She said Sunday, forget that, I want to see what happens when you fill the "water thingies" and the wake gets bigger for boarding.... Yep, typical kid hahaha..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 3:16pm
Snap, another new boat. You guys are crazy I barely have enough time to maintain and use just one boat and I don't even have any kids. I am trying to find a partner for another though...

PLBC is shopping for a 98/99 Sport, his wife is looking at 07/08 206s! lol
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Snap, another new boat. You guys are crazy I barely have enough time to maintain and use just one boat and I don't even have any kids. I am trying to find a partner for another though...

PLBC is shopping for a 98/99 Sport, his wife is looking at 07/08 206s! lol

Well Kev, you can see when you do have a wife and kids, you have to keep the whole brood happy, especially while out on the water all day.. All the small boats I've had have been great, but never a good match for GL, additional friends, and more gear.... It's bigger boat, or a house on the lake... Ahhh, I can still slave away to pay for the boat haha.. You'll get there some day....

Dave.
PS: I don't envy PLBC... hahaha....
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 9:29pm
Great thread! I'll add some...

My oldest and I riding doubles.

My youngest riding a good run.

My oldest jumping.

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 10:08pm
how old are your kids?
nice jump on the last picure..
don´t be afraid to give us their names, we are all good people here!!! lol..
I have 2 boys Valentino aged 3 and Tomas aged 1. And Looking forward to iniciate Valentino this summer...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2009 at 10:33pm
Great story Mojo I was cheering as well.

Gee those Air Nautiques are getting popular at GL. They would be a great family boat on that lake with the extra freeboard.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 12:00am
Okie, that first shot is great. Can't wait till I can do that w/ my daughter.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Great story Mojo I was cheering as well.

Gee those Air Nautiques are getting popular at GL. They would be a great family boat on that lake with the extra freeboard.

Thanks Lewy.....

You've seen first hand the conditions that Green Lake will throw out on any given weekend... Without sounding corny, boating during the summer is our family's "thing". Water sports, fishing, floating, whatever is done in a boat, we do... With this past summer being the coldest, roughest I've ever seen on Green Lake, I threw caution to the wind and got yet another bigger boat.. The 211 will hopefully keep us on the water even more... I'm keeping the dream alive of making more fond memories while my girls are still at the age where they like me Ha..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 1:05pm
kapla,

Bryce is the oldest. He's 9...will be 10 in November. Tristan is the youngest. He turned 7 in May.

Bryce actually had his first competition this year. He competed in SPF here in OK. He took 3rd place overall in the grom division. He can do HS W2W pretty good. Sometimes he can get 4' of height. He is pretty good with ollies, lip slides, front slides, back slides and he can do a TS 1-wake jump.

Tristan got up a couple times last year and rode about 20'. In the picture of him you can see the smile on his face. That was from this year. He has ridden several times now where he stayed up and riding for a good while and is even starting to move around a bit.

We definitely love being out on the water and all learning and growing in the sport of wakeboarding, plus bonding as a family. It means the world to me to be able to spend that kind of time with my wife and kids making memories.

I'm kinda bummed we need to park the boat and do the stringers, but we'll catch a few rides to finish the season and we'll get right back into it next season.

Terp,

Doubles is sure a lot of fun. Especially doing it with your kids.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 4:59pm
Here's Bryce with his trophy and his friend / idol.

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 5:22pm
Very cool stuff...
Nice age to start into the competitions..
I started into them when aged 20...before that the sport here in argentina didn´t exist...
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 5:42pm
Andy, where did they host that tourney?
...those who have fallen and those who will.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Okie Boarder Okie Boarder wrote:

Doubles is sure a lot of fun. Especially doing it with your kids.

Never too old for that.

My brother (57) and me (53), just last summer
(I know...this is supposed to be a "kids" post...but I think we probably still qualify.)

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 5:50pm
And your brother still gets you to take the long rope.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 6:13pm
Yeah, I think it is cool getting him good at the sport and competing so young. If he sticks with it, he'll be quite the rider by the time he's 18.

SPF is held at Eufaula Lake.

Tique...great pic of you and your brother. I wish my brother and I were both into watersports (and lived in the same area). It would be fun to do that with him.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

And your brother still gets you to take the long rope.

Well, he is older...so I spot him a few points.

Andy: It's in our (his, my sister's, and my) blood. Summers at the lake house with the 66 mustang when we were kids. My sister calls it "lake effect" - that need/passion to be in, on, around the water and boats. I think we've all passed it on to our kids, too. Right now my brother is in NC (where the picture was taken) and I am in MA, but we have a vacation/retirement home literally right around the corner from my brother, so hopefully not too many years before its more full time. As it is now, we get down there a couple weeks a year. (He still has the bug too, bought a 67 Slylark a couple summers ago off of CCF.)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 6:49pm
That's great. I hope my sons will have that same sort of bug from the memories we're creating now.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Okie Boarder Okie Boarder wrote:

That's great. I hope my sons will have that same sort of bug from the memories we're creating now.

I don't think you have to worry...looks like they've been bit pretty bad already. Has a way of sticking with you.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2009 at 7:05pm
I love doubling with the kids....I am going to try and get a good photo of the whole family skiing as a xmas card, but, the 5 yo is being stubborn!

As for passing the bug, some of my fondest memories as a child are at the lake skiing. I know my three will never forget the times we have had skiing. Best family fun ever!
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2009 at 10:54am
Newest member of the Skiing club at 8. I finally talked him into it yesterday, my boys will do anything for Ice cream and to impress the neighbor girl...

And the Rockstar finish

Same old d*ck pope Jrs I learned on and his older brother learned on.

we ended up using the of 66 9.5hp evenrude on the rowboat as he did not like dads big loud Mustang because it goes to fast, gotta pick your battles.
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2009 at 2:15pm
Way to go!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2009 at 2:40pm
Excellent Sean. Like to see that old hardware being used. A reminder of the simpler days.
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2009 at 2:48pm

we are all about old school here, the '66 Evenrude I put together for the boys this summer, the 68 Chris and our newest boat the 75...
Boat Pics
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2009 at 2:59pm
We like old school around here...unfortunately these boats are all long gone. Although I think my brother still has his mid 50s vintage 7.5 hp Evinrude that our Grandfather gave him around some place.

(a repeat video post...originally in BKHs first boats thread)

some old family boats

75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2009 at 12:45pm
The boys just called, dad, school was canceled for Fog today, can you skip out of work early so we can go ski? Gotta love the excitement!
Boat Pics
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2009 at 4:22am
Got the kids on the water for one last barefoot set before the season ends.

Kid's go Foot
Got Foot?
Tomski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2009 at 12:33pm
Here's one from this summer, all my friends' teenage kids - in total there was 9 of us on the boat at the time!

It was a family camping weekend and over the weekend 10 kids ranging from 8 to 17 years old had their first experience behind a boat either on the wakeboard or the knee board.

2nd photo is my little man. He's a bit young yet, but loves being out on the water and being towed around the kitchen in the Ronix box!

Tom

Had to winterise last weekend, sadly. But thinking about a Christmas/New Year run, assuming the lake isn't frozen.

Easily Parted From Money
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2009 at 1:07pm
One of the best things I ever did for my kids was get them on the water and teach them to ski.

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2009 at 4:04pm
first steps of tommy in the water...

he really likes the milk chocolate waters!!!

Nagual my nephew also enjoys the ride....little nap...

learning to drive, so he can tow me...

the family, tommy, mum, nagual, and my sister veronica (nagual mums)

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 21>
  Share Topic