NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Get the Kids out on the water.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 192021
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2019 at 2:25pm
Thx @emccallum. Still have a few years to make college choices. I know she will choose academics first, but would be cool if the college she chooses has a water ski team. BKH
Livin' the Dream

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2019 at 11:11am
Only one trip out so far this year but good progress.

Got the 12 year old off the wake board and back on skis

AND got the 8 year old up on the wake board

91NaughtyQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91NaughtyQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2019 at 1:49pm

My 14 year old. 1st time on a ski - She just started wakeboarding this year.

Gary
1991 Ski Nautique
(Previous)1984 Ski Nautique 2001
Far north downunder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Far north downunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2020 at 1:34am
old post but a good one.

My daughter Emma (8 years old) been wakeboarding for a year, but this was the first time skiing, 3rd attempt at a deep-water start and never tried double skis.

My son Dylan (10 years old) and me having a memorable day between the sticks in Australia.
1994 SNOB
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2020 at 10:15pm
How far North from Tamworth NSW Martin

The dam lake looks a lot like our local dams when they have water in them
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Far north downunder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Far north downunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2020 at 1:54am
Hi Mark,

We live in Cairns Qld, the photos are at Lake Tinaroo, about a 40 min drive west of Cairns on the Atherton Tablelands, so about as far up as you can get.

Just before I bought our boat the lake was closed to skiing for a few years due to low water levels. Now its at about 70% but we are coming into the dry season and are hopeful it will not drop too much.

Unfortunately the lake is closed due to corona virus now though so water levels are irrelevant.

If you are ever up this way, let us know. I would be happy to give you a tow.    

1994 SNOB
Footer 1952 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Footer 1952 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2020 at 3:34pm
Mark and Martin,

Been watching the pandemic ravage up here. Realize you must be experienceing the same there particularly in the bigger cities. Wondering about our ski season. Had been thinking of these social distancing rules??
1. Boat #1 Only boat owners family in boat.
2. dock/beach starts for friends and acquaintances.
3. every one brings their own handle.
3. drop off at the pick up point
4. If you finish away from pick up point ride swim platform back at idle speed???
5. Boat #2 gives a pull to Boat #1's family

I guess water is truly not safe if you have lakes closed???
Are all your lakes, rivers, beaches closed for recreational use even if appropriate social distance can be maintained??

Keep the kids on skis/boards/feet!!

Thanks for your insights
John
Lets go footin'
'86 Barefoot Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2020 at 10:28pm
Aspen is probably teaching other kids to ski by now but anywho got some 8yr old twin girls up on skis on the boom today. Both of them FIRST TRY.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2020 at 2:04am
@Hollywood, she might be able to give a lesson or two, but she still lets me teach beginners. LOL

Sadly, it looks like most of the photos are gone from this thread.  The photo on the right is my daughter when I started this thread
11 years ago.   The photo on the left is my daughter skiing at the Western Regionals this July. 
BKH

Livin' the Dream

Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2020 at 10:30am
Yes, but can she now run 32-off with the stand-up blue/white trainer thing?  (not to mention the knotted rope about half way down...) 
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2020 at 12:09pm
Awesome! I can only hope. Put the boom on the tique today hoping to lure my 7yr old off the trainer board ski on on a real pair. (She did progress this summer to getting up on the trainer deep water with no help so it has been good!). We will see. I’m sure there will be offers on the table for her...a new Barbie? A trip to the ice cream place. Who knows what will work but I’ve been getting the stone cold NO on real skis this summer. Wish me luck.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2020 at 11:33am
@samudj01. My daughter was as already on Doubles, then refused to ski from age 4 to 7.  What got her out there again was a friend, close to her age, who was skiing.  Once we made that connection, it was only a few weeks before she was skiing on a single ski.  BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2021 at 7:37pm
Summer 21 is here.  Post apocolyptic plague.  Must be some new water enthusiasts out there.

Post em up folks.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2021 at 11:35am
Mine are hard at work.   Really enjoy the ZUP boards so that all 3 can ride when the water is choppy, but we also are making progress on the wakeboard for 2 of the 3.

This guy is  7, and  was scared to be in the boat last year...   white knuckles on anything that he could find when we were over 10 MPH.   He's made a ton of progress this year and wanted to try the wakeboard.  This is his serious face for sure    but he got on top of the water first attempt.    we'll work on riding it out next time!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2021 at 8:25pm
Keep tossing them out there dreaming. Here is the triple standing kneeboard.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2021 at 10:56pm
Nice
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2023 at 12:09pm
After the ski thread that popped up this week (nice to see!) I thought I would update here. My girls have progressed quite a bit this summer. Both are on slalom and both have wakeboarded. Fun to have to pull them around in the morning and evening. Only tubed once this summer when friends were there. Their fav is double or triple slolam or wakeboard with lake friends. The 93 SN has been a great boat for them!

My older daughter (10) went to Coble ski school for a week. This is her second summer. Both girls are signed up for next summer. They make great progress there.

My younger daughter (8) was having trouble with the combos due to her size and strength. We put the boom on and that day she was up on slalom. A few sets later and she is out of the wake. Is she ready for the 63” ski.

78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
91NaughtyQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91NaughtyQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2023 at 12:19pm
Nice -  Coble does a great job with the kiddos.  About time to get them in the course.
1991 Ski Nautique
(Previous)1984 Ski Nautique 2001
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2023 at 7:27pm
Great story. Thx for sharing.  I wish mine had wanted to start that young…
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2023 at 11:10pm
30 years ago we started our boys early, they did well but burned out on it quick, probably because we were pushing and going every weekend we could.   As they got older all their friends switched to wakeboards and they went that route.   All these years later they have tried skis again and say they forgot how much fun and challenge it is to ski.    We started them on doubles by 3 years old, I pulled them with a rope running up and down the shore.   I think it was too young, dad should have been more patient.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2023 at 3:37pm
15 Years has flashed by.    The two-year old, pictured in the first post of this thread, is almost 17.
Water skiing is not her primary sport (third choice behind swimming and alpine ski racing), but she
has become a decent Slalom skier.  Here she is at the Western U.S. Regionals, in July of this year.

She just got back from a recruiting weekend with the Water Ski Team at Texas A&M.  Not yet sure
if she will water ski in College, but the time with the team creates a really unique way to explore potential colleges.
I'd recommend you and your teen check it out at any college with a ski team.

For those with younger kids - Enjoy the ride!

BKH

Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 192021
  Share Topic