Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Salt water

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
James View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salt water
    Posted: April-05-2005 at 7:28pm
I have a 1972 Skier that I have only operated in fresh water. The boat is almost perfectly kept and restored. I'm planning a trip to the Florida panhandle and thinking of taking the boat. Is the salt exposure with te adventure or just to risky? Is there a good way to get all the salt out?
James B
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2005 at 7:53pm
take the boat and have fun in the salt water .
just be sure to flush the engine with fresh water when you pull it out onto dry land.it wont hurt a thing.
kenny g
James View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2005 at 8:27pm
Thanks for replying. Any info on that front bench seat?
James B
Bradley950 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradley950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2005 at 12:01am
If you want to take good care of your boat you can use a trick almost all offshore fisherman use. Take your regular pump up cheimical sprayer like you would use to spay bug spray around the house. In the sprayer put joy dish washing liquid and water. The joy kills all salt. After you go out lightly spray down everything and then rinse. I work at a marina in high school and this was done to all boats daily. Fisherman sware by this every boat had a bottle of joy. Have a great time in FL -Brad-
Brad Miller
bradley950@yahoo.com
James View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2005 at 10:38am
The Joy sounds like a good plan. Thanks
James B
mackwrench View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2005 at 3:19pm
Where in the Fla. Panhandle you going?
NO LONGER A MEMBER
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic