Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need ideas for paint on ’82

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need ideas for paint on ’82
    Posted: April-04-2005 at 6:29pm
Time to repaint my '82 (currently the featured boat on home page). The brown stripes have been removed!
Looking for good pictures of similar boats with unique paint/decals.

I'm leaning toward a one color stripe. Maybe black,red, or green....any photo examples are appreciated.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2005 at 6:58pm
Hey 82' I'm kinda partial to red. Being a UGA fan I bleed red and black anyway. Red is definately a cool color. HOWEVER, I know that red had/has a BIG problem chalking with age as evident on the 86' C-10 PU I pull her with. Don't have any probs with the boat itself. I would only hope that science and Technology has remedied that problem.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2005 at 8:13pm
82tique

How does she look after you removed the paint? Can you see a signicant difference between where is was painted and where it wasn't?

Also what kind of paint are you going to use?

To answer your question, black would look good, because the boat has a lot of black accents, but I would not rule out a nice blue.

Thanks

Jason
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2005 at 8:59pm
Jason-

give me your email address and I'll send you some pics.

Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2005 at 11:43pm
ferrarispider95@hotmail.com

thanks
Jason
Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2005 at 4:40am
Thanks for the pictures, are boats are almost identical.

For the tower, I am having a flight control knock off made. I have a friend that can build it for about $500

I am going to take off the paint just like you did, probably paint it black. It kinda depends on what colors are avaiable. Then put a kick ass stereo and a ballast system in.

Jason
swamp demon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swamp demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2005 at 2:06pm
We have a a 82 also I had it redone in 92.
put back the original stripes all in a different shade of red used imron paint and it looks as good today as the day they re painted it
raygunclan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raygunclan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2005 at 8:56pm
you should check out wakegoddess' 2001! old boat, new graphics!
http://www.wakeboardatlanta.com/forum/gallery.asp?CatID=6&picID=1401&mbDate=4/12/2005%202:00:10%20PM

http://www.wakeboardatlanta.com/forum/gallery.asp?CatID=6&picID=1462&mbDate=4/12/2005%202:03:07%20PM

if i could find the big pics to show you, it is pretty incredible!!
who needs a mortgage when you have a boat!?!?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic