NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Show us Your Spring Barefooting!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show us Your Spring Barefooting!
    Posted: April-07-2009 at 1:58am
Hopefully the ice is off your lake or river and you guys are starting to throw down a set or two. GlassSeeker and myself ripped our first official Spring set on Sunday with warm temperatures and glassy water.

LakeBoy Foots

GlassSeeker Foots

Andy wasn't ready to ditch the drysuit, but hung it up after the first set. It is Spring in the Golden State folks! Bring it on!
Got Foot?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2009 at 1:36pm
We're going out this weekend, cannot wait!
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2009 at 12:55pm
Not much action here guys. Get the boat on the water and rip a set.

My ski club opened and of course Lakeboy and his faithful mentor GlassSeeker were on the water:

Footin' at Sheridan

How 'bout you Hollywood. Did you get out?
Got Foot?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2009 at 1:40pm
I didn't bring a camera on Good Friday, but we skied. Drysuits all around, Johnny has some pics. Went for another W2W bomb out and crashed hard.

Also got out last Friday courtesy of BuffaloBFN and Mrs.Buffalo (?) for a couple rips down Wahoo creek, Lake Lanier GA. Hope he doesn't mind me snatching some pictures from his Photobucket!

Phantom Barefooter, my new trick.

Thumbs up for a good time (Greg's first deepwater pull?), OOPS now we're going faster!

LOVE that table.
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2009 at 3:02pm
That is a beautiful wake, brother. My '01 SN has a nasty foot wake. Nice for slalom, not so good for footing. At 70'-80' back a rooster tail shoots up and grabs your foot! Just ask GlassSeeker!

Nice pics, too...
Got Foot?
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2009 at 11:05pm
Got out last Thursday, the 16th, no pix.....We'll try to shoot some this weekend though,
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2009 at 10:42am
No worries HW, you're welcome to cruise my photobucket anytime!

Yep, he had to give me a few pointers plus I'm not used to pulling at those speeds or how peppy the boat is now. <--Not bad problems to have.

Amy said thanks on the pics!

HW, the handle in 'Too Fast' on another thread looks exactly like what I just bought.

The handle Glass Seeker has is the one.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Bimmerboyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bimmerboyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2009 at 6:39pm
After watching a few of these videos I have
some questions.

Can you learn how to barefoot without a Barefoot boom?. If not how much is a decent boom?
Truck
2002 F350 14" lift Powerstroke
1978 Correct Craft Ski Nautique
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2009 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Bimmerboyz Bimmerboyz wrote:

After watching a few of these videos I have
some questions.

Can you learn how to barefoot without a Barefoot boom?. If not how much is a decent boom?

I wouldn't recommend it! Unless you just into Pain. They use to before the boom was invented, but not the prefered method. Booms seem expensive but they're really priceless. If cost is an issue look for a used one.
-Steve the Pirate
86 Barefoot Nautique

Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2009 at 9:29pm
Booms benefit kids learning to combo or slalom too. They're worth thier weight in gold!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2009 at 3:15am
Im building my own because im poor haha. We will have about 100 bucks in it when finished.
Bimmerboyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bimmerboyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2009 at 4:01am
The price seems to be around 400-600. I am going to wait until I get my new boat as it will more than likely be a V drive. I have always wanted to learn how to foot. I slalom and wake board a lot. So figure time to learn something new.
Truck
2002 F350 14" lift Powerstroke
1978 Correct Craft Ski Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2009 at 4:06am
Keep an eye out for a used boom. They come up for 100-200. BKH
Livin' the Dream

LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2009 at 4:38pm
Like the guys said, a boom makes life easier. I use it for all kinds of teaching. it has more than paid for itself. I see them used a lot, especially on Craig's List, but they are more like 250-300 bucks.

I do not recommend building one yourself. Saftey is huge on my boat and you can get jacked up easily on unsafe equipment. Heck, you can get jacked up on "safe" equipment. I am sure Phatsat67 is going to do a fine job, and I would love to see pictures.

The way I see it, I spent 10's of thousands on my boat, 500 bucks it not unreasonable for something I use EVERY time I am out like a boom Think of how much people pour into towers, stereos and boards and skis.

Good Luck!

BTW: I ripped a huge set at our ski club on Saturday. Temps in the high 80's, NO WIND, and nobody on the lake all day. Only bummer was no photographer.

Footin' is where it is at!
Got Foot?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2009 at 6:52pm
UHHH cant wait to have my boat back in action to continue practicing BF

definetely the boom is a must....
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2009 at 3:25am
Memorial Day Weekend at the ski club was a great time. We cranked out at least 3 sets a day with good conditions. GlassSeeker came out and wow'd the substantial crowd, but sorry, no video. You will have to settle for me and my 12 year old daughter running the camera:

Memorial Day FootFest

Any you guys out there footing? Even the mid-west and eastern ice floes should have busted up by now!??
Got Foot?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2009 at 1:32pm
The ice is long gone, over 2 months ago. I have been footing since Good Friday. It is still a bit cold so the boat crews are small and fingers are numb so not much camera. The only thing new for me so far is a back deep long line start.
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2009 at 2:27pm
Hollywood: You are a good sport. I was actually "wisecracking" about the ice in the Northern climes. I have nowhere to crack, really. My ski lake was 54 degrees over the weekend, because the upstream reservoir dumps icy alpine snowmelt right from the bottom, so it is cold til end of June.

Still working on the backdeep. Discouraged, right now.
Got Foot?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2009 at 4:50pm
I have been "out of the bag" for about a month now but if the sun is not shining it still feels chilly, tight wetsuit and a heater top and away we go. The 88s just went in last week. quinner just put his Bling Bling Air Nautique in on Saturday.

Keep doing shortline back starts until they become easy and you're getting bored waiting for speed! The worse the driving and water conditions the better you'll get. I only tried the LL once a year the past 2 years, so this season being my first try and 3 overall set I finally got it. Not doing much besides riding away a hundred yards right behind the boat but it's pretty exciting nonetheless.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2009 at 2:26pm
long waited for this to happen but these are my first runs of the spring..LOL
the bf suit in its last run..time to fix or change

after some tumble turns I seriously need a new suit!!!!
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2009 at 3:03pm
LOL! this is a family site! LOL
-Steve the Pirate
86 Barefoot Nautique

Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2009 at 3:28pm
That is hilarious, great pics!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2009 at 3:52pm
any thoughts on this suit?

new intensity suit

or I can buy this used in argentina for $70...
used suit
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2009 at 4:29pm
I'd stick with a zipper.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2009 at 4:35pm
Time to break out some duct tape.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2009 at 8:01pm
That shot will live on just like Kristof's bathtub encounter.

Looks like some of our international members are not afraid of nudity.

Kapla any chance of getting some of you previous picture subjects in that suit out on the boom.   
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2009 at 8:30pm
If that's all I have to suffer through for the rest of the pics kapla posts I'll gladly take it. Definitely legendary right there. I hope you still keep the suit.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 10:23am
hey were can I find kristof´s picture on the bathtub?
I heard of the pic but actually never saw it...
the suit is still at homw..I´m deciding to fix it or hang it in the wall of shame along my broken in anger tenis racquets...LOL
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 11:46am
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

hey were can I find kristof´s picture on the bathtub?
I heard of the pic but actually never saw it...

you asked for it....wish you hadnt...but you did.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2009 at 1:03pm
I was a newbie by then..so I missed that thread..LOL very funny...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic