Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

painting a Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
McBride View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McBride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: painting a Ski Nautique
    Posted: March-07-2005 at 7:23pm
well I just purchased a 1983 SN and I will be doing a complete restoration. the engine will be rebuilt, interior, new paint, dash upgrade ect. How do I need to hoist the boat in the air to shoot the bottom part of the boat. I am going to paint it base white and then go back and shoot the sides with the two tone color on the sides. I am just wondering how am I going to shoot the bottomside correctly?

Thanks
mrese View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2005 at 2:54am
you could hang it from the fore and aft lifting rings.
McBride View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McBride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2005 at 10:17pm
I am not sure that those areas would be solid enough to lift the boat. I was told some mount a bracket to the engine to lift the boat up. All the parts will be stripped when the boat is painted so maybe the lifting rings would be strong enough. Any more suggestions?

Jason View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2005 at 1:39am
They are plenty strong for a vertical pull. That is what they are made for.
Bill336 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill336 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2005 at 12:19pm
If you look at the brochures in the reference pages, they do call them lifting rings. Just make sure it's held up very securely before getting under it.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2005 at 1:14pm
Uhm, why paint?

Is it beyond wet-sand and 3m super-duty compound?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic