NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St Johns, FL River

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1819202122>
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 1:55am
Awesome Dave...just can't get enough. Thanks.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 2:02am
Well, what can I say but thank you to all.

And a big thanks to Phailinh for helping me download the photo's. Maybe I will do a slide show next time.

If you enjoy looking at all the fun please try to attend one of these events.

I have attended 3 events now and I loved them all. I just wish, I had a boat to bring!!

But I am working on that issue.
BlondieGurl1443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondieGurl1443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 2:45am
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

I have attended 3 events now and I loved them all. I just wish, I had a boat to bring!!

But I am working on that issue.

dave...I think you could pick up this Mustang cheap, it has a 273 in it , its a nice boat, give me a call 321-231-6041....
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 2:48am
That is very nice Lisa...share some more info...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 2:59am
Thats the boat that Reids buddy with the red altel skier bought last year, but he told me at the river that he would get rid of it, its just sitting in his shop in St cloud fl..
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 3:29am
Looks pretty nice to me. Sure would be interested in what that guy (Rick?) does for a living. That was a pretty expensive SeaRay he was in at the river.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 3:55am
Jbear, this is Rick's company.
http://www.prosweepcentralflorida.com/ I met him 3-4 yrs ago, thru CCFan of course, after finding out he had the CC and house in Astor. He's a class act, even if he didn't have his CC(s) out that day.

As Jmurph already confirmed, that St Johns promo video was great. Thanks Storm34/Chris. I guess the gators aren't that much of a threat after all.

Also, I found it somewhat neat that at least 5 of the boats shown amongst the great picts here, have also attended a reunion 1400+/- miles away in Green Lake.     
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 10:54am
Lisa, you are a angel..

I will call you this morning.

I love the way this boat look's.

I will give you 5 star's if I can make a deal.

I also talked with him at the cook-out, but did not know he had this great looking boat with cool color's.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 11:04am
Mark posted that last year when it was for sale. There was a lot of interest then. I hope you can work it out!http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8881&PN=1&TPN=4
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 12:22pm
Thanks for all the info Riley.

I think this boat has my name all over this one.

I'll see what I can do.

I have a friend with a shop down here and I can make it look brand new with a little TLC.

And I just showed the photo to my wife.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

And I just showed the photo to my wife.

Dave,
Your going about this all backwards... First you BUY it, Then you SHOW your wife!!

I wanna see the Mustang at Green Lake this summer!

BTW, everyones pics are all great... keep 'em coming!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

BTW, everyones pics are all great... keep 'em coming!

Billy?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 7:33pm
Thats a great looking boat. if noone else takes it I might have to make the drive from IA to FL to pick her up!
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2009 at 1:43pm
Go get it dave!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2009 at 11:48pm
I spoke with the owner and trying to make a deal.

But, still working on it.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2009 at 12:12am
Keep us posted Dave, we are all hoping you are able to get what you are looking for.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2009 at 1:04am
Thank you, will do..
P-CLASSIC 1963 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-CLASSIC 1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2009 at 12:00pm
Hey Godfather

If you do purchase a boat I would be glad to help you out with any parts needs or contacts.

I really enjoyed you and your daughters company on board the PC 63.
Boats are like family each with its own personality.

63 Plastic Classic (25th Ann PCM 351 GT-40 MPI)
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2009 at 2:59pm
Jared,
Would you please take a picture of the bow flag staff on PC-63? I've been looking for one but I don't have a good reference picture. If it is easier, you could send it via email.

Thanks,
Steve
P-CLASSIC 1963 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P-CLASSIC 1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2009 at 11:39pm
Hello Steve

The bow flag staff I used is as close to original as I could find. I am looking at the original color brochure and the only differance I see is the top is flat. The one I used was from the old Mid-Atlantic Correct Craft 11 years ago and has a pointed top.

Page 19 at about half way down there is a good shot of the chrome flag staff.

I asked Woody today and he can order chrome flag staffs that may work. 407-851-1965

Hope that helps
Boats are like family each with its own personality.

63 Plastic Classic (25th Ann PCM 351 GT-40 MPI)
Will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2009 at 10:39pm
*Question from p/allen *What and who is the wooden boat in the last pic*****

my boat is a 1954 correct craft 18' commuter deluxe utilty manufactured by correct craft, also known as the pine castle boat & construction company.it was purchased directly from correct when they had a facility on orange blossom trail in orlando, fl in june, 1954 by my father, w.h. sellers of starr lake, lake wales , fl. the boat was manufatured in may, 1954. i have been taking care of the boat since 1968. in the early 1980's, i started up the correct craft antique boat club and was very involved with ralph, w.o., and walt, which was a pleasure. i also set up the archives at the factory. it is great to see people involved with the older boats and i would love to see more. recently it appears a 1949 17'2" dart has been reidentified. i have my own archive and early serial numbers of graymarine engines and years of manufacture. will be looking a another early boat soon. st. johns was a lot of fun for the family and i look forward meeting more of you in the future. oh, by the way , my intention is to pass the boat down to probably my son.

bud sellers
bud@cmenow.com
winter garden,florida
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2009 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Will Will wrote:

oh, by the way , my intention is to pass the boat down to probably my son.

bud sellers
bud@cmenow.com
winter garden,florida

Thanks Dad!! I wish!!

Welcome to the site, really great boat and story BTW.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 1:18am
Thanks Will . That is a great story and great looking boat . I wish that I was able to come up with a good shape older boat . At present I have a 59 Atom that needs a motor installed an also a bunch of wood work besides .
Happy boating.
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 1:33am
Welcome Bud, it was great talking with you and checking out your sweet ride the 54.

You will love this site and to find out the great love for older boats as well. The members here have alot of knowledge, so hold on tight and enjoy the ride here..

Dave
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 2:43am
Welcome Will. That boat of yours got to have the nicest lines of any old Correct Craft I've seen. It's a beautiful boat. Sounds like you're going to be a great addition to the site!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 12:02pm
I wonder if Will knows about Allens project as well. Will sounds like the right person for Both (Billy and Allen) go to for what questions about orginallity for their projects, granted Billy's looks close to untouched and all there just some TLC, not sure on Allen's though it's been a few days since we've seen anything on it, other than He should now have a correct helm for it now unless it got left at Hooters.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

I wonder if Will knows about Allens project as well. Will sounds like the right person for Both (Billy and Allen) go to for what questions about orginallity for their projects, granted Billy's looks close to untouched and all there just some TLC, not sure on Allen's though it's been a few days since we've seen anything on it, other than He should now have a correct helm for it now unless it got left at Hooters.

Chris, I did meet Bud in Fl and his boat is beautiful. It appears, as Pete suggested, that the hull of my hurricane and his commuter are identical with the exception of the way the stern on mine angles off. Made me even more anxious to get started. As for updates, there's nothing new to show although I've spent the last few month rounding up the few items that were missing with Pete's guidance of course. The helm was a major find and it just dropped in our laps. I hope to start with the restoration over the summer and fulltime on the hull this winter, I am confident this will be several years of work but worth every minute.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 3:00pm
So what is the next anniversary model your going to latch on to Allen?
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 4:15pm
Bud,

It was great to meet you and your wife in Orlando. What a great story.

See you soon.

Mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 7:46pm
Here is an old picture Bud will remember.
83Ski
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1819202122>
  Share Topic