NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

youtube bummer

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: youtube bummer
    Posted: December-30-2008 at 2:40pm
What a bummer. I posted a video to youtube today and they blocked/denied it because the music I used was copyright protected. Must be a new feature as other videos I've posted have stolen music on them. Has this happened to any of you?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2008 at 2:43pm
Did you have credits for the music?
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2008 at 6:05pm
Never heard that one, everyone else was doing it. Must be something new.
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2008 at 6:49pm
My son did this video;
Lockwood Start

and was sent a warning of some sort, about the music he used.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2008 at 9:08am
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

and was sent a warning of some sort, about the music he used.

He shouldn't get a warning!!
The artist should thank him for such great publicity!!!
Tull, I just love that video everytime I watch it...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2008 at 10:21am
I wonder what the royalties are on guitar hero? that brings dead songs back to life. sometimes these guy's forget they played bars at one time and begged people to listen
"the things you own will start to own you"
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2008 at 10:59am
Aerosmith made alot more money off Guitar Hero than they did off their last album.I heard the record companys were lining up trying to get older songs on there so they could get some royalties again.
I guess it was only a matter of time before someone started to crack down on this.Seems kindof lame though....how much money did you stand to make by broadcasting that video Larry ? Lol....... More like free advertising than copyright infringement.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2009 at 7:38pm
Now they are getting even more ruthless. They dug out an old video I had posted two years ago (the cute one of my kids skiing) and pulled the music off of it. Its not just me though. Although Keith's "Northeast Amateur" one is still ok, I went to a good Andre DeVillier barefooting video and "Rockstar" was pulled off it. I think its just a matter of time before they are all gone. I did some surfing on the subject and other people were griping about it and projecting the end of youtube as we know it since so many of the videos posted have pirated soundtracks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic