NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

eBay finds

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 38>
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2008 at 12:40pm
You guys aren't that old, about the same as my brothers. John, how many guys my age, let alone your age are out there barefooting? I sure is heck am not. I got my oldest brother up last summer on his slalom ski for the 1st time in years and that was a major accomplishment.
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2008 at 9:45pm

Bruce,the hemi was a GTX if I remember right.I've tried to forget about it but I have some "fun loving" friends who take great joy in bringing up the subject when we're all together.I never got it registered because it was set up to run super stock at the drags and I never finished getting it changed over for the street.Someone told me they saw the car a little while after I sold it and they had already pulled out the hemi and replaced it with a 318.I did have a 69 road runner with the 383 that I drove for quite awhile.That was a nice car but nothing like the GTX.I couldn't come close to being able to afford most of my old hotrods these days.I think that's what attracted me to the boats.You can still find vintage boats that are affordable and easy to hotrod if you want to.
Watch your fingers.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2008 at 10:26pm
The GTX was a nice car. Nicer than the Roadrunner. A friend of mine bought a mint black '68 Hemi Charger in 1975 for $2,500. He sold it a few years later for something like $2,000. The price of hemi cars is well into the $100k to $200k range now isn't it?
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2008 at 10:45pm

Yes,they are well out of my reach.Just to torture me a little more,I ran into an old co-worker of mine last year who swore he saw the GTX not far from here.It was just parked on the side of the street.The car is hard to miss if it's still painted the same as it was.It was a pearl white base with all different colored "snots" all over it.I went looking for it that weekend but couldn't find it.They probably don't even know they have an original hemi chassis car.Would I tell them?I don't know how that would go.I would really love to have it back,that's for sure. Gary
Watch your fingers.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2008 at 3:06am
And I am gonna keep on footin' as long as Eddie wants to try to keep teaching me new stuff Bruce. I have some good pics of me and my brother from this July footing in Tennessee that I gotta get on here.

Thanks Pete! Knew I could count on ya.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2008 at 9:23am
I looked at a 67? I believe,40k milage, GTX 426 Hemi last year, automatic, rear defroster, it was ready for paint(cinammon brown) and the engine needed assembled, very clean, I got him down to 17k and frickin balked....one of the great mistakes I guess. I guess if i was a big Mopar fan...
side note Pete: I wouldve restored to original
"the things you own will start to own you"
h20loo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h20loo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2008 at 9:32am
Riley- that set up looks like there is a lot of weight behind the axle. It might be a bit "twitchy" at highway speed.
70 Mustang project
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2008 at 9:47am
Originally posted by h20loo h20loo wrote:

Riley- that set up looks like there is a lot of weight behind the axle. It might be a bit "twitchy" at highway speed.

Which set up?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2008 at 10:40am
The boat on ebay. It looks like it has so much weight on the rear that you got to put a bucket under it at the transom or it would rest on the prop. It looks like it's got negative tongue weight.

There's a scum line along the side panels that shows the water line at that angle. There had been enough water in it that the starter was under water and the starter on one of those engines is at about 1 o'clock on the bell housing.

The boat is rough. The guages looked pretty good. That's about it.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2008 at 11:25pm
Sold for $771.00.
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2008 at 1:28am

Eric,you're killin' me.
Watch your fingers.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2008 at 12:23pm
Farmer not to many days go by that I say shoulda coulda woulda on the that one, my friend last year wanted me to go halves on a 1969 mopar convertible he got it for $4500.00 un restored and put it on E-bay....ends up being one of 700 made and he popped it on the spot for 25k and delivered it for another $1000.00 untouched... restored it wouldve fetched in the 70's
sometimes it doesnt pay to be a chevy man
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2008 at 3:54pm

I used to think it never paid to be a chevy man but these days I guess anything American made is better than going over to the dark side.
Watch your fingers.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2008 at 9:52am
wait till the 2009 Camaro comes out. no more rice diets...I think and hope that will give GM a boost.....Ive been watching and they are changing the way they are doing business and are starting to market to attract new buyers
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2008 at 11:48am
eric
it always pays to be a chevy man.   
its like being an old spice man , marlboro man , brawny towel guy.
I am pretty sure charles nelson riley drove mopars
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2008 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Sold for $771.00.

Who bought it? Anyone here?
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2009 at 12:06pm
Saw this on Ebay - I wonder why the electrical tape on the hour meter. What could it be covering up or why is it there?

Ebay SN
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2009 at 12:15pm
Is this too good to be true? Buy it now for $9K. Looks like it has closed cooling.

99 SN

Ben Franklin
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2009 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Saw this on Ebay - I wonder why the electrical tape on the hour meter. What could it be covering up or why is it there?

Looks like velcro to me.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2009 at 1:45pm
Ok, I guess that's a common upgrade

Ben Franklin
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2009 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

wait till the 2009 Camaro comes out. no more rice diets...I think and hope that will give GM a boost.....Ive been watching and they are changing the way they are doing business and are starting to market to attract new buyers

Eric do you think that will ever happen. every year I here it will be out next year. LOL

I've got a 93 Z28 Pace Car with 4k on it if you know any interested.
-Steve the Pirate
86 Barefoot Nautique

Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2009 at 11:20am
Fort Wayne Indiana Cuda

did'nt someone need a 318? $51... so far
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 3:04am
$51 doesnt seem like much of a donation!

That'd be a nice motor in my skier!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 9:59am
Steve, they have to bring that Camaro out, lottsa r and d, it may be 2010
they need to compete with the challenger and the ford changeover (mustang) they changed that over to a womans car. dont believe me look who drives them
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 10:32am
Careful Eric... although your kinda right, my wife drives a 90 mustang GT convertable and my mom drives a GT500 convertable....
Boat Pics
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2009 at 8:35pm

Sean,what year is the GT500?
Watch your fingers.

75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2009 at 10:09am
'08
Boat Pics
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 10:49am
Does this look like an '83 BF? The hood scoop & hand rail look like a Martinique to me.

Just wondering.

83 BF on Ebay

Ben Franklin
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2009 at 1:10pm
That is definitely a Barefoot.
Terp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 11:34am
Interesting trailer on this one.

'63 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 38>
  Share Topic