Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can someone recomend a good shop?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
aldo View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can someone recomend a good shop?
    Posted: January-31-2004 at 3:43pm
I'm new to the forum here. 'glad I stumbled onto it. Lot's of good info and lot's of good folks too.

My boat is a 1971 Freeport, 302 Holman-Moody, 230hp. I've owned her since 1981. She has never had any major overhauls. I run it and if something breaks or needs repair, I fix it. Just like that.

But, now she is starting to show some age in several areas. I've discovered some softness in a couple of stringers, the plywood deck needs replacing, the gelgoat needs sanding, the engine is smoking a little and leaking oil from the oil pan or rear seal. So I think it may be time to do a major overhaul, fix it all and set this puppy up for another 20 good years of fun!

It's a great boat and since I have always done ALL my own car/truck/boat repairs, this request is a little unnerving for me. But, I've got a house project to finish this winter, no time to work on the boat. So it's either hire out the repairs, or no skiing this year.

I'm in Columbia, South Carolina. Can anyone suggest a good shop in SC/NC/GA who could be trusted to help with this? I'm not looking to build a show-boat, but I need someone who will do things right and who knows Correct-Crafts.

Thanks in advance from the rookie here and sorry for the wordy post.

Al
aldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2004 at 3:47pm
Hey I forgot to login before I posted the message. Yuo know how it is with rookies.
jcawley3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcawley3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2004 at 6:09pm
hey when you find one let me know please i'm in north augusta,sc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic