NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wood boat show

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wood boat show
    Posted: September-23-2008 at 9:17am
The ACBS Blackhawk chapter will be having it's annual big show this coming weekend. Public showing is from 10am to 4pm. It will again be at the Abbey (resort) harbor in Fontana Wisconsin on Lake Geneva. Anyone in the area who has the time may find it interesting. We've scaled it back slightly this year to only the Saturday show as well as fewer boats (fuel and the economy!!) but still have 50 in the water and 25 on land.

Before the show I'll be working/helping at the ramp with all the launching. It's usually not as interesting as a public ramp as most wood boaters are pretty good at their launch skills. Not too many "Wally's"!!! I'll find out.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2008 at 9:05pm
Chris, (quinner) You missed it!! Your old Paragon was IN the show!! I meet Chuck and had a real nice talk with him. Mostly about finishing wood boats. The boat is looking great but he wants to give it a couple more coats this winter. I stuck around until about 3:30 and by then figured you weren't going to make it.

Reid, There was a 66 Donzi 16 restored there too. 351 I/O - beautiful!! One of these days you need to get your's done when you're not so occupied with 60 MPH CC's!!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2008 at 2:43pm
The pictures are up on the Blackhawk site. Here's a link for anyone who is interested.
Blackhawk ACBS fall show 2008

Here's one I pulled out for Reid!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2008 at 2:51pm
I know some of you are familiar with and have some of this guys books.

Don Danenberg is on the left.

I had the pleasure of spending some time with him. Very interesting person! Not what I had expected.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2008 at 2:58pm
Pete,
Very nice pictures of some beautiful boats.
Reid took me to the classic boat show on Lake Norman while I was visiting. You have to see these boats up close to appreciate the love and work that go into them.
Thanks for sharing.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic