Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine fever

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Richard Wong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Wong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine fever
    Posted: February-08-2005 at 8:31am
my engine is GT-40,last time running on sea I notice the temp guage higher than normal,(go up 180-200F),so I stop the engine wait some time for cooler. later check raw water inlet,c change raw pump impeller(the old one looks ok),I flush on land by pipe to the clean inlet,(the boat is 2001 Super Air Nautiqe)about 30sec,water come out from both prop shaft bearing and exhaust ,along prop shaft,more water come out than exhaust outlet,I test to water,in low speed,few minutes later,I have a look at the guage,temp point 220F,and whole engine seems smoke and smelly,I turn off engine wait cooler and come back. Any advice on this to solve my problem?
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2005 at 5:35pm
Did you put the raw water pump in upside down? I have no idea what you are talking about as far as water coming out of prop shaft bearing so I can be no help there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Wong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2005 at 11:57am
David F:
Kung Hei Fat Choi !
I had check the Raw pump,seems can't fit to the bracket if reverse and the impeller seems no directional sice it's symatrical,"the water come out from the shaft"exactly means from the v-drive where the propeller shaft out.
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2005 at 5:08pm
hay david. no,he didn't tell you where to go !kung hei fat choi means happy chinese new year.
year of the monkey i think.
kenny g

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Wong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2005 at 6:28am
Kenny:
You are right half,the year is Chicken this year. Last year was Monky.
97 sport View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 97 sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2005 at 9:56pm
2005 year of rooster. but it all taste like chicken. I have no idea how you can get water out of prop shaft. But check the trans cooler for restriction. Also your impeller should have a direction. That's what cause's it to suck. Really suck's if it go'es out on you when your out on the water.
guest View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2005 at 11:03pm
definitely check transmission heat exchanger. If there are leaks water can fill trans case, mix with rans fluid, and cause over full, over pressure situation.

trans fluid water mix would be smelly, oily mess. Trans cooler should be about $100 from skidim. It's the trans rebuild that is going to cost the big bucks if this truly is the problem.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Wong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2005 at 12:00pm
some time I don't check this forum,sorry for late be here, few days before I checked the boat,I found the raw pump install upside down,so it don't suk water but shoot water out from cleaning inlet,I reverse it and test by pipe water,water come out soon and plenty,(I changed flush kit and change raw pump impeller last time),I'm not yet test the boat to sea. SO I asume my boat first problem is flush kit air leak. How do you think?
Richard View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2005 at 2:36am
Yesterday I went to test my 01 SAN to water, Temperature can keep at 160F,Nice!,main what I did is change the raw pump impeller and the T-state,
(that I make by my self),thanks for fans here had gave me advise.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic