NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alligator pics. OK Billy fill us in...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alligator pics. OK Billy fill us in...
    Posted: August-16-2008 at 1:42am
Billy wanted me to post these pics for him...

You gonna make boots out of it?...now Billy...continue..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2008 at 2:21am
I think it is playing possum.. just waiting for someone like billy to tickle its belly.... then got ya..
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2008 at 11:03am
2 guy's in Georgia finally found the remains of a Bigfoot, I kept telling my wife they're gonna find one...of coarse she said i was crazy
"the things you own will start to own you"
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2008 at 12:05pm
Did any of you guys eat with Billy and Karen at their campsite at Green Lake?

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2008 at 1:07pm
The gators here have become a real pain. Too many and too much destruction.So now you see this quite often.
This was a small one only 5 feet or so.The price of the hides are so low that the cost to harvest surpasses net gain per foot.
At on time they were 63.00 a foot now less than 6.00,and the meat less than that.Karen & I have on this size in our back yard that hopefully will have the same ending,20 toes up.
I have tried to tell you we live in a different world down here, hope this gives you a small snapshot inside....Billy
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2008 at 1:21pm
Billy,

Those ducks in your back yard getting nervous? Your world may be different "down there" but it's beautiful. The bayou country is unique and home to a wonderful people.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2008 at 1:37pm
I seen deliverance and get a good feel, especially the banjo kid. all kidding aside i deal with alot of different people across the country and find the southerners are the most polite and gracious to deal with.
"the things you own will start to own you"
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2008 at 1:59pm
Call me a northern wimp Billy, but I'll take the cold water over those gators BKH
Livin' the Dream

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2008 at 4:14pm
I guess it's what you've grown up with Brian,I'm sure Billy is with me when I say I don't like the earth moving and mountains burning
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2008 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

The gators here have become a real pain. Too many and too much destruction.
I have on this size in our back yard that hopefully will have the same ending,20 toes up.

I can't stand these things, if I had one in my back yard I'd put a bullet in his head and someone would find him floating in the lake like that one, of course I'd know nothing about it!?!? These menaces are everywhere, when I worked at Disney World, these things would occasionally start walking through the guest parking lot, people would get all excited and gather around and try to feed them, I guess they thought it was just Disney animatronics at work!!!

-Adam

1973 Skier
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2008 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I guess it's what you've grown up with Brian,I'm sure Billy is with me when I say I don't like the earth moving and mountains burning

Gary, I had to giggle on that one, but all you have to do is look across the river into Mississippi and you are aware of the fault line we live in.
There is about 150' of elevation change from one side to the other,we are flat they are not.
San Madras Fault[sp] about 100 years ago there was a quake in Missouri along the Mississippi River. Reel Foot Lake was created as a result of this . The Mississippi ran "BACKWARDS" for three days to fill it.
We have tremors every once in a while but our ground is so fluid we do feel them,we just don't have " Fire On The Mountain" It is called controlled burning,and it is done all the time here. The main difference;
The Feds do it, not the citizens......I think I will take a 'Gator over a fire bug any day     .............Boat dr
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2008 at 3:10pm
I'm sure one of those gators would scare the heck out me, but those moccasins really give me the creeps.

Billy, do you worry about your dogs, and is a .22 in the head good enough to kill a gator?

...and I'll take 9 months of cold to reptiles, fires and quakes any day.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2008 at 3:54pm
Bruce, a .22 in the gut will kill after a couple of days.The trick when they are caught on a hook is a shot gun blast to the area behind the nose.This allows water to fill their lungs, and we all know the next step.
The dogs do not swim without adult supervision, same goes for the snakes.
We have an ample supply of "King Snakes" on our property here.They will kill and eat any "pit viper" Have had a hard time teaching this to Karens daughter,not all snakes are bad.
We have only a couple that are harmful, they do not eat much and look real cool hanging on a board above the back door.
To each his own,White Stuff nor Ice are in the cards for this RedNeck,would rather have snakes , gators and bears.........Boat dr
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2008 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Bruce, a .22 in the gut will kill after a couple of days.The trick when they are caught on a hook is a shot gun blast to the area behind the nose.This allows water to fill their lungs, and we all know the next step.
The dogs do not swim without adult supervision, same goes for the snakes.
We have an ample supply of "King Snakes" on our property here.They will kill and eat any "pit viper" Have had a hard time teaching this to Karens daughter,not all snakes are bad.
We have only a couple that are harmful, they do not eat much and look real cool hanging on a board above the back door.
To each his own,White Stuff nor Ice are in the cards for this RedNeck,would rather have snakes , gators and bears.........Boat dr

Hey Doc,
Next time down to Shreveport, you can show me some of these snakes.. I think they're cool, but you can keep the gators, as long as I get a small dog to feed one while on the back forty I guess would be ok, haha...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2008 at 10:05pm

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2008 at 10:17pm
Gator surfing!!!
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2008 at 3:02am
The madman and another pic!!! Where does he come up with it???? Mark...that is a great shot!

Billy watch your toes,,,and any other parts that might be dangling!!!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 1:13am
MM; You are crazy.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 9:57am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

MM; You are crazy.

As certified as I am...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 1:02am
Kristof: We saw a gator (4ft) in the lake where me and Eddie go while Rob and Dena Leinen were down here. He oughta be a couple feet bigger by the time you make it here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 1:42am
Man vs creature....

look at that pic of some dude riding the back of a gator! How dangerous...Look at the skin of leather, the crazy look in it's eyes,all those big teeth.....

poor gator never had a chance!
stang

The Super Air

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2008 at 10:56am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Kristof: We saw a gator (4ft) in the lake where me and Eddie go while Rob and Dena Leinen were down here. He oughta be a couple feet bigger by the time you make it here.

john

Better not show this post to Chantal, or she'll never get near your boat...
Hope that gator doesn't reach barefoot speed... Otherwise I'll get some more practise on my "gun-control" thing. Tell me, you do posess a shotgun John, don't you...?
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2008 at 1:58am
95 lb rattlesnake killed in Wilmington,NC

Any one need a pair of extra long wiper blades for their boat?

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2008 at 2:08am
Hey wood....Got wood?
stang

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic