Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Floors 1980 Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rebolc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebolc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Floors 1980 Nautique
    Posted: January-05-2005 at 4:27pm
I need to have the carpet replaced in my 1980 nautique. Anybody know where I can have this done in or close to Western North Carolina? I have also been thinking about putting a wood floor in--I know it sounds a little funny but I think it would look and function pretty good. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

-Chris
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2005 at 5:18pm
You are not the first to think of the wood floor. In 1994 Correct Craft put a teak wood floor in a boat called the "Ski Nautique Paragon". There is one listed on this site in the "Diaries" section. You can also read about it (and see more pictures) in the "Reference" section in the 1994 Brochure.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
Bill336 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill336 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2005 at 5:36pm
I'm just starting to restore a 78 American Skier and love the idea of putting in a teak floor. I've mentioned it to friends and they don't see putting the time or money into it. On the one hand I'd like to make it look original and on the other, I think a teak floor would look really classic. Kind of a retro look like the new Chris Craft runabouts. I'm not sure how hard it would be to keep it from collecting water underneath though. I've researched the teak with black rubber caulk but that looks hard to do or expensive to have done.

I'm going to be rebuiding the swim platform, so when I get the teak for that, I'll lay it out in the cockpit to see how it looks. If you're looking for opinions, I say go for it.
Bill336 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill336 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2005 at 5:43pm
Just looked at the Paragon and it's a unique look. I do like the look of the floor, but not so much the deck and windshield.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2005 at 7:10pm
Anyone that's got or had a '68-'70 Mustang is familiar with the non-skid-textured fiberglass floor pan they installed. This screwed down right over the fiberglass covered foam. They may have put it in other models during that time frame, and it's great, but I guess it was too costly. Older boats had vinyl flooring also, and the classic Nautilex(sp) product in off-white w/black stripes looked great but don't know if it was ever in a CC.

rebolc-Chris,
Not sure exactly where you are or how far you're willing to trailer your boat, but NorthPoint Watersports in Mooresville/Lake Norman Nautique dealer, can recommend someone good as I've seen some of the work they've had done. You can call BT or John at 704-799-1994.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic