NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Floor for ’68 Barracuda

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
barr 68 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr 68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Floor for ’68 Barracuda
    Posted: December-27-2004 at 1:32pm
I pulled up the carpet in my "restored" 1968 Barracuda I just purchased from an owner in Wichita(see diaries section). I found a layer of fiberglass mat covering half an inch of water logged masonite. Apparently some previous owner replaced the floor with masonite(he just as well could have replaced it with sponge). I have removed all of sponge/masonite and the stringers(thankfully) seem to be ok. Is pressure treated plywood (1/2"),epoxyed on the bottom side,screwed down with stainless screws and fiberglassed on top with a layer of mat a good fix? also ,I want to replace the rubber exhaust hoses while I have it appart,where can I get some? Thanks,Barr'68
barr68
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2004 at 3:04pm
The hoses can come from SKIDIM. See their add at the top of this page. You can use marine plywood or alot of people have talked about this new polyester board exclusively for marine apps. Both are fairly expensive. I used a good grade of exterior plywood and sealed it with epoxy. Keep in mind that you will probably have waterlogged foam under the masonite. There are plenty of threads regarding both of these subjects do a search on foam and floor.
barr 68 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr 68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2004 at 7:03pm
thanks Rick, Jim/Barr68
barr68
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic