Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trans fluid change

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trans fluid change
    Posted: December-24-2004 at 6:32pm
I have the 1.23:1 Transmission. Manual states that it takes 2 qts. to fill. After draining i put about 1 3/4 qts figuring to check and top off with most of the last qt. (didnt want to overfill). Well dipstick says i am already over full mark. Has anyone else experienced this? And why does the book say 20/20 oil and the label on the trans say dextronII?
mrese View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2004 at 3:36am
Just put in the same amount you take out. The benchmarks on the dipstick are designed to be read while the boat sits level in the water. If you are reading it while on the trailer, it could be macht nichts.

You can use either 20 weight,Dextron II or III (not type F). The heavier 20 weight usally provides for a quieter transmission. If you swap from one to the other, just be sure to completely flush the previous type out.
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2004 at 3:29pm
That would have required me to have measured what i took out. i didnt. back to square one?
Regarding measuring on the water, how critical is this? I can measure with front jack in high and low positions and compare.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2004 at 12:33pm
When checking the oil level, the dipstick should be inserted loose. In other words, just insert the dipstick until the should contacts the hole...do NOT seat the dipstick. If you insert the dipstick fully, it will give you a false high reading.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic