Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

learning to barefoot

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 149150151152>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2020 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Nope. Standard fly-hi pole on a BFN.

Must have been the driver.........In all seriousness Larry has made very large strides in his LLBD's and ski aways are much more frequent
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
LaneDawgBowers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaneDawgBowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2020 at 8:35am
lol. Let me know if you guys need any help. Happy to help however I can.

I am here to serve. If you have a great topic or video, I am also happy to do a Virtual Ski School video for free for the group as long as you do not mind me sharing.

Blessings

"Expect a Miracle!"
Lane "Dawg" Bowers
TheFootersEdge.com

Here's a cool new video I did with my 13-year-old, Zane...
https://youtu.be/nofzLac3gLY

ASK me about "The World's Most Powerful Product"
"The single greatest health science Breakthrough of our lifetime."

"Lane's 3 Minute Miracle Speech that Changed the World"
https://www.thefootersedge.com/lane-bowers-2019-water-ski-hall-fame-3-minute-miracle-speech/

"Would You Like to Hear My Story of Hope?"
https://www.thefootersedge.com/the-worst-day-of-my-life/
"Expect a Miracle!"
Lane "Dawg" Bowers
The Footer's Edge Training Center
lane@lanedawg.com
http://www.thefootersedge.com
877 685-6270 <----------Call Me!
863 268-0111 <----------Direct Line
Fax: 509 756-
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2020 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Must have been the driver.........

Hence, the recognition/award
(I'm pretty sure Greg is the only person on the planet to have received this particular recognition/achievement/award)
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2020 at 1:20pm
Glad to hear somebody kicked this page up.  Some of you might know from facebook I broke my humerus getting skied over a submerged goose while skiing backwards. This was back on June 30, 2020.  I am getting better and the break is almost healed.   I am experiencing a limited range of movement that has me concerned.  I did shimmy out onto the boom for a few runs on Sunday which was super fun.  Not sure what the future holds in terms of how much or the type of barefooting I am going to do.  An injury like that is a signpost telling me something.  Not sure what it says, yet.
Got Foot?
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2020 at 1:29pm
June 20th was a very short time ago. Four months is just the beginning of return to full speed ahead I would guess. I think you have to keep doing the physical therapy and decide next season what your real capabilities are. I think the odds are you won’t hit another goose OR win the powerball lottery so best to keep all the options open.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2020 at 2:02pm
No goose for me............a torn rotator cuff and detached bicep.  Surgery was early May and I was just released to get on skis and start working my way back towards the feet.  I rode the d*ck Popes last weekend and could tell some work will be needed to get back to a baseline (of sorts) condition.  If the picture does not rotate.......
Top left picture is the screw inserted into the shoulder
Top right is the tear
Bottom left, right are finished workmanship

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2020 at 8:06am
Ouch to above stories!  Get well soon.  That makes my story of hitting a 2 foot long by 2 inch stick that a beaver had sharpened on both ends seem very minor.  Sore heel for sure but I hit it perpendicular and not parallel which may have had much worse implications! 
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
chphillipson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chphillipson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2020 at 7:46pm
In my 40 years of barefooting, I've learned an important lesson when teaching beginners:
Make sure somebody is recording it!
Chuck Phillipson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaneDawgBowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2020 at 7:32am
Chuck, very true. It is great to have for the student and you can review your teaching method as well to see if there could be any improvements :)

I find video extremely useful as well for teaching others (if permission) and promoting safety. of course,that is assuming it was not a RodneyKing session :)

"Expect a Miracle!"
Lane "Dawg" Bowers
TheFootersEdge.com

https://www.thefootersedge.com/lane-bowers-2019-water-ski-hall-fame-3-minute-miracle-speech/

"Expect a Miracle!"
Lane "Dawg" Bowers
lane@lanedawg.com
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2020 at 8:54am
Temps got into the low 60's yesterday.  Had to take advantage of it.  The lake we ski is a mile long oval with a narrow island in the middle that lays east/west.  We had to break the law a bit and just run the south side as the north side was frozen about an 1 inch thick.  Please disregard my brother holding his adult beverage that he consumed post ski runs!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2020 at 8:56am
Next image as I could not get them all in one post.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2020 at 8:58am
and the images did not want to rotate after many tries  sorry guys but I have to at least show one skiing so here is another post.  
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2020 at 11:45am
Nice!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2021 at 8:46am
http:www.youtube.com/T7SXKNatY0k&rel=0" />http:www.youtube.com/T7SXKNatY0k&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" wmode="transparent" width="560" height="350">

My wife and I are visiting friends in Chapala Mexico and he found a slalom ski lake that would also give a footer a pull or two behind their 2007 Ski 196. The hour meter read over 5400 hours! The interior and exterior of the boat was very worn but still provided a solid pull.  The water was as soft as liquid soap and very slippery on the handle. The old ski rope they had for me was a narrow handled bungee cord!  (I should have brought my spectra line). Being a dedicated slalom lake it was very tight conditions for barefooting with all the bouys but all in all was great experience and I really enjoyed it. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2021 at 8:55am
Sorry but I can’t get the link to work. 
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2021 at 10:01am
Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

Sorry but I can’t get the link to work. 

You were closer than you thought. (I dont think the "tube" BB code works any more, not since the site revamp. - use "url")

Good run, especially nice for late November.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2021 at 1:43pm
Nice Run, in Mexico!  Wow, you get around.  The boat did look beat but sounded great and the water was smooth.  You looked really comfortable on the line.  What speed was that?   In old age I have slowed my foot speed to 37, makes a lot of spray and you can’t slide side to side but the falls don’t hurt as much, 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaneDawgBowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2021 at 3:16pm
Looks great :) Good footin down low and on a bungee cord.

Old school awesome.

"Expect a Miracle!"
Lane "Dawg" Bowers
TheFootersEdge.com

Text BOOM to 863-417-1816 to find out which boom fits your boat.
"Expect a Miracle!"
Lane "Dawg" Bowers
lane@lanedawg.com
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2021 at 9:48pm
I just told the driver to shoot for 38 mph.  It seemed fine but I still was surprised at the difference in the rope. It has been a very long time since I have used a nylon type of rope!  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2021 at 7:58am
Thanks Larry for the fix. Could you provide an example of what the new link should look like?

Lane-thanks for the comments-it’s just years of watching your videos and telling myself to follow the advice from them. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaneDawgBowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2021 at 11:58am
Thanks for the kind words :) I am glad I could help in some way.
"Expect a Miracle!"
Lane "Dawg" Bowers
lane@lanedawg.com
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2021 at 5:26am
With temps in the high 60's on Saturday it was time to get a December ski in 

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2021 at 5:27am
Well that did not come out the way I was expecting but you get the idea

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2021 at 5:32am
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2021 at 8:37am
Nice work!  What was the water temp?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2021 at 8:56am
Speculation on the water temp is low 60's

Fossett's North Carolina dry suit rules.......No dry suit after April 1st or prior to Thanksgiving 
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2021 at 1:12pm
You guys are hard core!   We used to participate in the Polar Bear Club event January 1st.   Had to go in with only a swim suit to earn your Polar Bear Patch, the last time I did it the Temp was 32* and it was foggy.  It was so cold my arms did not want to swim after the run.   Note:  that was the last time.  Got the patch, it will remain revered since I will pass from now on.

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2021 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Form isnt toooo bad, but it does need a little work

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2021 at 9:00pm
Lol!  Maybe Lane will chime in with some suggestions or tips!  
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2021 at 9:36pm

Love the upside down spread wing "The Eagle Just Landed" maneuver LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 149150151152>
  Share Topic