NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Portable slalom courses

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Portable slalom courses
    Posted: May-27-2008 at 3:26pm
Looking for information about how practical and easy to use portable slalom courses are.

My son wants a slalom course. It would have to be put in and taken out after each use. We have a spot about 1.5 miles away by boat. It's got a sandy bottom and is between 10 and 20 feet deep and fairly level. We have a 14' aluminum that could be dedicated to the course and all the stuff kept in the boat, so it would just have to be pushed in the water and driven to the spot each day to set up.

Does this sound like a major PIA or is it doable?

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 3:51pm
Totally doable. My portable course is some of the best money I've ever spent on the sport. I've set up my portable course dozens of times and we can get it in the water and ready to roll in 20 minutes, same for taking it out. I'd recommend installing the course from your ski boat rather than from a jon boat just because of the stability afforded by a full size boat. I'd recommend the Ez-Slalom portable course- it's the best product out there IMO. www.ez-slalom.com
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2008 at 2:50am
Bruce,
Erich, from Brad's lake, uses a portable course (Ez-Slalom or Insta-Slalom, not sure). This is the same course we used at the 2007 Northeast Reunion on Sokokis. Erich can set it up and take it down in about 20-30 mins.

Insta-Slalom has a 12-min setup video.

I picked up a portable course of my own the end of last season but haven't installed it yet. I'll let you know how it goes.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2008 at 11:38am
Good info. Thanks. Dave can watch the video and see what he thinks. We're on a huge lake that has a lot of traffic on weekends, but you pretty much have it all to yourself before 10:00 AM. He definately got the bug skiing the course at the reunion last year.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic