NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

loud motor

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2008 at 11:40pm
Bruce those pvc exhaust are for me .. hey they look like they come with the optional bucket baffles cool... does anyone know if i will lose flow and hp switching my merc cruiser manifolds on this vortec for the tighter looking edlebrock m1s?I bought. they look sweet but I wanted to run 3 or 3 1/2 inch exhaust Yes I know I have to open up the transom holes but I will anyway.
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2008 at 1:36pm
Mine is loud as hell, 3" copper straight pipes... it did get more noticable in the boat last summer at heavy ,load 18mph. turned out to be a rotten rubber hose at the exhaust manifold connection.

I like things you can hear run...
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2008 at 3:22pm
I'm with Jbear "Loud Pipes Save Lives"
I used to say "if it's to loud, You're too old" I don't say that anymore, but I still like em loud!

Especially Motorcycles! They can't see ya, maybe they can hear ya!
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2008 at 8:19pm

75 Stang, where did you get these copper pipes from,do you have a picture of them, what engine do you have, it's time for you to set up in the dairies section!
-Adam

1973 Skier
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2008 at 11:51pm
As far as I know the pipes are factory, the 68 chris is the same way with just smaller pipes. I did not take pictures of the pipes when I replaced the rubber hoses and the carpet is down now so thats out of the question now.

I think others just replaced the mufflers with 3" copper plumbing in the past and galvalume coated exhaust or stainless pipe when copper got so high.

The chris sounds almost as good, the wife thinks even better witht he 185hp 283, the Stang has the stock 225OMC 307 chebby but it really talks turning 5k on a quiet morning.

Ill figure out the diary thing over the Christmas shutdown. i need to get the Stang back from the trim shop so I can get some better pics of it for the profile. All i have currently are int he sig link.
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2008 at 1:11am

One of my Mustangs has those copper pipes.I just assumed they were factory.
Watch your fingers.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2008 at 2:05am
Originally posted by 86BFN 86BFN wrote:

I used to say "if it's to loud, You're too old" I don't say that anymore, but I still like em loud!

I used to say the exact same thing Steve..but now at 57 I don't say it so much anymore. How the he** did I get this old..this fast?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2008 at 11:01am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

I used to say the exact same thing Steve..but now at 57 I don't say it so much anymore. How the he** did I get this old..this fast?

john

John,
I don't know but it's happening to me too.
If you figure it out let me know! LOL
Steve

I bet that Copper does have a nice Ring to it! Hmmm........
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic