FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Polk Audio Speaker Group-Buy

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Polk Audio Speaker Group-Buy
    Posted: May-08-2008 at 9:24pm
I would like to announce a special one-time group-buy for all members of CorrectCraftFan.com for new Polk Audio MOMO Marine Speakers and Subwoofers.

Some of you may know Jeff Smith (who goes by the user name JR_VIC) — he and his wife own and operate Pro Powersports of Conroe (Texas). Jeff is expanding his current marine speaker line-up and has decided to add Polk Audio as a supplier. He has approached me for this group-buy because of the incredible savings he can offer in a one-time group-buy.

From what I understand, Polk will be replacing the MOMO line with a new line of Marine speakers later this summer. Subsequently, they are offering a one-time deep discount on all remaining, in stock (while supplies last), Polk MOMO speakers and woofers. Jeff contacted me and asked if I thought our forum members would be interested and I said absolutely!

For information on Polk MOMO specifications and descriptions, visit www.polkaudio.com. Jeff has outlined the details regarding product model numbers, descriptions, retail pricing, the CCF group-buy price and shipping/handling and tax details, which are included in the table below.

All orders will be placed with Pro Powersports of Conroe and need to be paid in-full before shipment via Discover, Visa, or MasterCard. The group-buy cutoff date is May 20, 2008.

For more information or to add your order to the group-buy, please contact:
Chad Luna, Parts Manager
email: parts@propowersports.net
Office: 888-248-8321 Ext. 113
Fax: 936-588-0969
www.propowersportsofconroe.com

CCF Group-Buy Pricing Chart (print version):

*Flat Rate Shipping for all Polk MOMO Coaxials and Component Speakers per pair or per system: $7.99 each for this Group-Buy (Continental 48 states USA)

**Flat Rate Shipping for all Polk MOMO individual Component Subwoofers: $10.99 each (individual) for this Group-Buy (Continental 48 states USA)

***Flat Rate Shipping for all Polk MOMO individual Component Grilles: $2.99 each (individual) for this Group-Buy (Continental 48 states USA)

****While supplies last. Group-buy cutoff date is May 20, 2008.

FREE Handling on All Polk MOMO grilles, individual/pairs and/or speaker and subwoofer systems for this Group Buy (Continental 48 states USA)

FREE SHIPPING AND HANDLING ON ANY INDIVIDUAL POLK MOMO ORDER DURING THE GROUP-BUY TOTALLING $350 OR HIGHER (Continental 48 states USA)

Texas residents will pay 8.25% sales tax. Out-of-state residents are tax exempt.

This Group-Buy special pricing is only available through CorrectCraftFan.com and is not available to the general public.
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 4:10pm
I wish I had waited. I just purchased the 10" MOMO DVC sub and grill. I paid twice that for the grill and a little more for the sub.

These are great speakers for our boats. Sound great and look great (they don't have that white "marine" look). Anyone looking for some new speakers would be well advised to take advantage of this offer.

JR_VIC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR_VIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

I wish I had waited. I just purchased the 10" MOMO DVC sub and grill. I paid twice that for the grill and a little more for the sub.

These are great speakers for our boats. Sound great and look great (they don't have that white "marine" look). Anyone looking for some new speakers would be well advised to take advantage of this offer.

Thanks for the props...the Polk's are great speakers for the price. I am going to order a pair for myself and even though I have had no problems at all with my 6.5" coaxials I am going to try two pairs of the MOMO 6.5" separates and throw a Polk 4 channel amp on there as well. Might try that new 1200 watt Polk amp for the subs as well. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Thanks!

"That's not a Snow Cone that's my Ring!"
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2008 at 6:56pm
Jeff,
    Any chance when I call to put in my speaker order your going to be around the shop, you and I have pretty similar engine set ups and components at this point and I would like to hear how a few things ended up working for you..
-Joe.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JR_VIC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR_VIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2008 at 1:02am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Jeff,
    Any chance when I call to put in my speaker order your going to be around the shop, you and I have pretty similar engine set ups and components at this point and I would like to hear how a few things ended up working for you..
-Joe.

Joe...no problem. I just e-mailed you my cell number so if I am out running around you can catch me. Try my cell anytime you get a chance as I would like to talk to you as well.

Thanks!
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 3:13pm
Joe, Jeff or anyone,
So, can I connect these speakers to my 200W (4 x 50W) system with out amping it or do I need to add an amp? I don't have a need for a crazy stereo in my boat but would jump at the chance to make mine sound better at these low prices.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 3:42pm
Keith, you can certainly run the speakers off the deck without any issues. Of course, you'll get better (deeper, cleaner, louder) sound if you feed them more power. You can always add the amps later, though.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 4:34pm
I agree with Tim, you can run off the deck and be pretty happy with performance while sitting floating or slowly cruising. If you actually plan to hear it while underway then an amp is nice. The clarion apx480m amp that is used in many nautiques can usually be found online for under $150 and is a nice sane upgrade that will make a real difference.

The apx280m is used with the polk 10" as an upgrade in some nautiques as well in this enclosure

These jbl 6x9's sounded pretty good with the 480

however they dont match these

which is powered by this

so they will be going to the polks now, I couldnt justify it before but with the group buy...

anyway as you see by the stuff in my shop the audio stuff can be as slippery a slope as the engine upgrades.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Keith, you can certainly run the speakers off the deck without any issues. Of course, you'll get better (deeper, cleaner, louder) sound if you feed them more power. You can always add the amps later, though.

the qualty of the sounds will not change just because you add an amp, that doesn't change the frequency response of the speakers or head unit's frequency response or S/N ratio either only thing it does is add volume/amplitude of the signal going in so unless your going to add a special component (adjustable purpose built cross-over) in between the amp and head unit you are only making it louder, not richer, not deeper or cleaner.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

the qualty of the sounds will not change just because you add an amp, that doesn't change the frequency response of the speakers or head unit's frequency response or S/N ratio either only thing it does is add volume/amplitude of the signal going in so unless your going to add a special component (adjustable purpose built cross-over) in between the amp and head unit you are only making it louder, not richer, not deeper or cleaner.

I disagree with this. It definitely depends on the amp and head unit as well as how it is setup (whether the head unit has preamp outputs or not,etc)but in general the amp is going to sound better as well as produce a cleaner waveform at all volumes, although with a better headunit and very low volumes it might not be significantly so.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 6:01pm
Would it be a crime to cut out my factory cloth speaker holes? I'm sure I could rear-mount the speakers too but the Polks look so cool that it might update the boat a bit. Thoughts?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

I disagree with this. It definitely depends on the amp and head unit as well as how it is setup (whether the head unit has preamp outputs or not,etc)but in general the amp is going to sound better as well as produce a cleaner waveform at all volumes, although with a better headunit and very low volumes it might not be significantly so.

Joe if your really think that the amp is going to change the signal that it is being supplied then your are way out in left field, the source to the amp determinds how well it sounds not the amp it's self, the amp only amplifies the signal it can not and will not change anything about the source signal that is generated by the head unit and that it recieves from the head unit weather or not it has pre-amp outputs or not, better head unit better sound as that is where it all starts. Where is the source signal, CD lazer head, tape head? tuner? satelite tuner? that is what determinds the quality of sound not the amp. So if you think the amp is the driving force then you guys are pretty foolish and very gulable.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 6:52pm
How did I know this would not be let go? The source signal in head unit is going through a digital to analog converter (unless its analog radio or tape which is less common everyday), which introduces error, then a preamp that introduces error and then the amplifier, which also produces error then to your speakers. If your deck has a preamp output and your amplifier produces less error than the one built into the deck then you have less overall error, this is the case with almost any deck and any aftermarket amp.

In fact it is almost always the case the DA converter and Preamp in your deck is capable of putting out a better signal than the amplifier in the deck can process even a quick check of the frequency output of the amplifier on your deck will show this very few will go to 20hz even.

That’s simplified but its true, the aftermarket amplifier is in general also going to have a better signal to noise ratio than the built in amplifier not to mention a better dampening ratio, most likely a better frequency response, and stereo separation. These are generalizations as the highest-level decks are better than the cheapest after market amps but the exceptions are quite rare certainly none are marine.

Most amps are going to have better signal conditioning and not require you to push the preamp of your deck into clipping.. etc . you could go on and on....

I could be wrong, I mean its been a couple years since I worked everyday in a sound lab, now I just manage those who do, however I have actually heard the difference between the polks in boats with an amp and without, as well as the difference of my jbls with an amp and without so I feel pretty confident in my assessment.

I am done because even though I could get extremely technical here and write 10 pages with references to back up what I know to be the case from experience as well as theory something tells me its not going to make a difference. There are some things worse than being gullible.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
NCH2OSKI View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH2OSKI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Would it be a crime to cut out my factory cloth speaker holes? I'm sure I could rear-mount the speakers too but the Polks look so cool that it might update the boat a bit. Thoughts?

I dont think you would have to do any time for the crime, its only a misdameaner! I am thinking about doing the same, and I think Eastie has done the same with his.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 12:56pm
It's getting clearer why some have so much trouble with things and are always working on stuff. I would hope the amp has less distortion than the head you as that it only amplifies the poor signal to start with and if your clipping the speakers then your at max distorion anyway. Oh well, double talk BS most of it.
east tx skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote east tx skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by NCH2OSKI NCH2OSKI wrote:

Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

I dont think you would have to do any time for the crime, its only a misdameaner! I am thinking about doing the same, and I think Eastie has done the same with his.

I did. In all, it took about 20 minutes and is, IMO, a nice updated look over the original brown grill cloth. Just unscrewed the speakers from the rear, made an "X" in the grill cloth with a box cutter, and reattached from the front. I went with the DB series speakers (651's in the front and 6501 component in the rear (previous owner had components in the rear already) for cost reasons. But either way, I swear they sound better being top mounted. I left the pvc ring in place.
1998 Ski Nautique (Red & Silver Cloud); GT-40; Perfect Pass Stargazer; Acme 422.

Yak3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yak3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 11:00pm
So, if I were to go with a whole new system, what should I go with?
Have a 79CC with a 52amp alt.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2008 at 8:27pm
79nautique is right. You might hear more,feel more because the amp can produce what's already there but at higher levels. To raise the volume 1 decibel, you have to double the wattage. But Chris thinks car stereo is based on 8 ohms. Don't waste your money on that clarion crap, get an Autotek.
Tim D
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2008 at 8:33pm
I'll simplify Joe's (correct) post. Audio quality is determined by the weakest link in the entire path. That is why you must match components with each other and to their overall application.

If the weak link is the amplifier and you replace it with one better suited for the application, it will improve the output sound quality.

And, yes, sound quantity, if the speakers have not now become the weakest link.

Now, if I could only get my 1959 McIntosh tube amps to work in my 1962 boat, I'd be happy...
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2008 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Now, if I could only get my 1959 McIntosh tube amps to work in my 1962 boat, I'd be happy...

We still use McIntosh Mc60 tube amplifiers around the sound lab for a few test rigs mostly small shaker tables, there are two MC2300's mounted in racks of equipment that havent been calibrated since 1980 once a year the facilities guy puts them on a list of equipment to scrap and I pull them off go over warm them up make sure they work and then cover them up for another year....
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2008 at 3:06pm
I have a 1985 Ski Nautique 2001 Deluxe interior what is the best setup for putting 4 speakers I was thinking on doing speaker boxes in the back with a cup holder. The front currently have 2 6.5's under the steering wheel from previous owner. I was thinking on trying to construct for the rear 5 1/4 and front try and do 6.5's and maybe near future a 8 inch sub in replacement of where the old 2 6.5's were under dash. I have older amps and good head unit. Alpine and Eclipse amp. Thanks
-Phil
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2008 at 11:21am
Phil,

Check out this link to see what I did on my 88'. I think I'm going to replace the standard rear 6x9's with marine grade ones.

88' stereo install
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2008 at 1:06pm
Thanks Morfoot,

I made my boxes for the back last night and with cup holders for any of the guests in the back seat. I am going to round them out alittle because there alittle squarish bottom and do some fiberglassing so they wont kill peoples feet. I will post some pics of my job in another forum. My brother and Father dont want me toying around with electronics for the boat and I say my guests want some tunes and then they said tell them to get there own boat. I am all for some some good tunes.

The other question I have for someone will the alternator and 1 battery hold ok with this setup 4 6 1/2 momo's powered by my alpine head unit and possible alpine amp powering an 8" DVC under the bow? or will I have to add another battery or better alternator?
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2008 at 9:58pm
I need a 10in subwoofer, can I get in on this deal?
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2008 at 10:18pm
Mark,
Sure thing. Call Chad at the number listed above.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2008 at 5:27pm
This is just a reminder that today is the last day to get in on the Polk Audio speaker group buy. If you haven't already, contact Chad and get in these great deals.

Chad Luna, Parts Manager
email: parts@propowersports.net
Office: 888-248-8321 Ext. 113

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
JR_VIC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR_VIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2008 at 3:28am
I want to personally thank Keith and everyone here at correctcraftfan that placed an order with us regarding the Polk Audio Speaker group buy. This is the first group buy we have ever participated in so thanks for your patience. I know a few members called asking questions that are little more technical than Chad was comfortable answering. He was not able to answer everyone’s question which is disappointing for me but on the flip side I appreciate him not feeding anyone a line of BS either just to make a sale. Our installer is a master level A/V professional named Russell and although he is not at the store every day due to being out in the field doing installs etc., he is willing to speak with anyone wanting to place an order and needs some advice up front. I know it is hard sometimes to accurately recommend a system in a car or boat over the phone without being able to see first hand space constraints or the general lay out but again feel free to call our store and if Russell is not available leave Chad your number and he will get back to you as soon as he becomes available. The order was submitted today and Chad will be getting back to you once the product is ready to ship out.

We appreciate your business and thanks for the support.

Thanks!
JR_VIC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR_VIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2008 at 3:36am
One other note...Polk originally stated they had no supply of Polk MOMO amps available for close out pricing but when we spoke to them today they actually stated they did have limmited inventory of just two models of Polk MOMO amps at reduced prices. I just want to mention this because several memebers inquired about amps during the Group Buy and we told you guys they were not avaiable as part of the Polk Group Buy. If Keith is OK with this I would like to list those two Polk MOMO amps along with the prices because again I know a few members inquired about amps and I feel bad that Polk said they were not available in the begining yet they do actually have some inventory left. I will get clearance from Keith first and if anyone is intersted we can just do the Polk amp orders as separate independent orders without any type of Group Buy format.

Thanks!
daseler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daseler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2008 at 3:22pm
I would be interested in an amp for my 4 6.5" polks I just ordered. What models are availible and what would the cost be?
1974 Ski Nautique
JR_VIC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR_VIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2008 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by daseler daseler wrote:

I would be interested in an amp for my 4 6.5" polks I just ordered. What models are availible and what would the cost be?

OK...I just got clearance from Keith on offering the Polk MOMO amps for sale at a discounted price for the forum. Remember these Polk MOMO amps are in limited quantities just like the MOMO speakers so these prices are only good while supplies last. Here are the two Polk MOMO amps available for special forum pricing. All other Polk MOMO amps are no longer available. Please contact Chad at the store for ordering etc.

1. Polk MOMO C 500.1 - 500W Monoblock amp
2. Polk MOMO C 300.2 - 150Wx2 Stereo Amp

MSRP:                    $449.95      
Minimum Advertised Price: $399.95
CCFAN Price:             $324.95

Same details apply to any Polk MOMO amp purchases the same as the speaker Group Buy regarding taxes and shipping etc. Here is Polk's website for reference and Chad's contact information. Thanks again for your assistance and your business.

www.polkaudio.com

Pro Powersports of Conroe
Chad Luna - Parts & Accessories Manager
Phone: 936-588-1970 ext. 113
Fax:   936-588-0969
parts@propowersports.net
www.propowersportsofconroe.com

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic