NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

starting trouble

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 4:43pm
In case you didnt see my other post about going back to points from a failed e-module, I seem to get an easier cold start, especially after changing the ballast resistor. As 79 has written, maybe the timing was off with the e-module, as I never checked it when I put it in. So, maybe my upgrade was actually a downgrade! As most are.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by emccallum emccallum wrote:

In case you didnt see my other post about going back to points from a failed e-module, I seem to get an easier cold start, especially after changing the ballast resistor. As 79 has written, maybe the timing was off with the e-module, as I never checked it when I put it in. So, maybe my upgrade was actually a downgrade! As most are.

NO you just never finished the install by not setting the timing and carb correctly and expected the new conversion to perform a magic trick it's not capable of with out being installed completely. Most aparts are install and adjust not just bolt them on and go and that's what got you into trouble.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 6:20pm
Back then (2001) when I installed it, I did not have all the help from CCF and folks like you to show me light/spark! I dont think the instructions mention checking timing, but I can see how it would be neccessary.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic