NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

more hp

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: more hp
    Posted: April-10-2008 at 1:24pm
Any recomendations for low budget Hp gains? change to a an aluminum intake manifold, pulleys etc? ideas. pros and cons. a cylinder head change for me is way out o budget...
Sebastian
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 1:35pm
A prop change will be the single biggest improvement you can make to your boat's performance.

I wouldnt bother with pullies nor an intake by itself, as they will only add 5-10hp each.

I have no idea what shipping to Argentina would cost, but all the parts to do a heads/cam/intake upgrade (including hardware and gaskets) can be had for about $1k USD. That would add a solid 80hp to your 240hp engine. I would do a prop change first, and if you still want more, save up for this type of upgrade. You'll get the most benefit (and it makes the most sense) to do all 3 at once.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 1:52pm
Regarding shipping cost think about 70 to 80% plus prices payed in the states. So 1k there is almost 2k!!! I'll consider the prop change.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2008 at 8:14pm
Why do you need more power?

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2008 at 11:02pm
i think those guy's down there still have the luxury of leaded fuel
"the things you own will start to own you"
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2008 at 2:34am
No lead in fuels here Eric!!!

We are paying U$D 0.80 x litre the 92octane, that's like U$D3 the gallon.

Boating is certainly a luxury here.
k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2008 at 3:05am
man we pay about 6 USD a gallon so over here it's even more of a luxury
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2008 at 4:05am
what is a regular salary where you live??

Here's between U$D400-600.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2008 at 5:48am
Originally posted by k.o. k.o. wrote:

We win!!
Over here... more than 8 USD per gallon...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

k.o. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.o. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2008 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Originally posted by k.o. k.o. wrote:

We win!!
Over here... more than 8 USD per gallon...

good thing your lpg isn't as expensive as gasoline

uhm the min salary is about 1000$ but our goverment has aplied BBO (tax) and everything over here became pretty expensive so many people on min salaray is strogeling
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2008 at 12:05am
Kapla, if your friend is after that PCM transmission perhaps we could group buy the engine/transmission. I just want the engine since I want a 1.5:1 tranny.

Tell him to contact me if he's interested.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2008 at 2:49pm
Lucho IŽve just done that i gave your e mail to juan and heŽll be contacting you if he founds this suitable for his application.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2008 at 2:55pm
more hp to improve hole shot when loaded for wakeboarding, but as recomended here the best thing to start on with is a prop change. and then see what happens. I hitted a tree last time i went boating so i have to make the claim to the insurance to get me a new prop. Happily iŽll let you know how new prop perfomed.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2008 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

more hp to improve hole shot when loaded for wakeboarding,

Ahh....at least you need all of this extra power for a good cause....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic