NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Party Heat-Lake Havasu"

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Party Heat-Lake Havasu"
    Posted: April-04-2008 at 1:53pm
Accidently stumbled across this show last night-has anyone seen it. By the looks of it its a series. Its like "cops" but on the water. Followed the cops around Lake Havasu to the various party rafts or just lone boats driving recklessly. It was spring break. Lots of drunks on rented boats or jet skis. They would cuff them and haul them in, drive their boats back in for them. Lots of ladies in not much, lots of drinking. Since I am not a fan of drunk wallys on the lake I applaud the actions of the cops. Despite the real dangerous situations, kind of fun to watch.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 2:02pm
Larry, saw the adds for it, but didn't see the show. It's a whole other world out there. I saw a picture of a party cove at that lake that shows hundreds of people and boats packed in with everyone standing in water up to their waste and with a can of beer in their hand. Pretty gross when you think about it.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 2:35pm
Larry,

I did see a portion of that show, pretty crazy party going on. Nothing wrong with having a good time just don't drive drunk.
Years ago we made annual trips to the Lake of The Ozarks, very much the same thing, giant floating party, lot's of half naked and topless women, sorry Riley, can't think of anything gross about that!!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 2:59pm
Quinner, I like the sound of the half naked, topless women, but where do all those beer drinkers process that beer to?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Quinner, I like the sound of the half naked, topless women, but where do all those beer drinkers process that beer to?

Funny you should ask. One guy got busted last night because someone was standing on the front of the boat taking a leak while underway. The cops stopped the driver who blew a .225 and was immediately cuffed. The cop's partner drove the RENTED!! boat back in.

Funny, every single person the cops asked if they had been drinking replied the exact same thing "two beers"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 3:18pm
I believe the implied consent law applies to the water too. What's the point of responding to that question if you are merely a passenger? If they see you with a beer in hand, you'll have to show ID. A sober driver is a must, that's about it though.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 3:22pm
Larry,

I definitely noticed the "Two Beer" response!

Have several friends that are Cops and they have all always told me that exact same thing, regardless of how intoxicated someone they stop appears to be, when asked they always respond with "2" as the magic number of drinks they have consumed.

Riley, when in that type of environment just keep your mouth closed. The sand bar at GL last year was 10deg warmer then the rest of the lake!!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Riley, when in that type of environment just keep your mouth closed. The sand bar at GL last year was 10deg warmer then the rest of the lake!!

yea but not every sand bar has you standing there getting a hold of yourselve generating that much heat from the friction in your right palm.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 3:44pm
Is that why there were bubbles coming up around his boat, heat?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Is that why there were bubbles coming up around his boat, heat?

thought that was just you letting the air out slowly like they do when diving.
Aemmer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aemmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 8:04pm
Is it legal to drink alchohol while under power operating a boat (say one beer)? Or does it depend on the specific state laws. I am paranoid about DUI laws (I would loose my job if I were to get a DUI so rarely even have one drink if out to dinner). Not sure how the open container law is enforced with boating.    
88 2001
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 8:19pm
It is state law, so it varies. In Maine you can drink while driving a boat, so long as you don't reach .08. Then they treat it the same as a driving offence.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

It is state law, so it varies. In Maine you can drink while driving a boat, so long as you don't reach .08. Then they treat it the same as a driving offence.

I'm too heavy to ski at 8 mph...

Like Bruce said, here they'll take you straight to a launch complete with a waiting deputy!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 9:44pm
In Iowa you can drink as long as you are not over .08. I personally won't drink behind the helm. That's what breaks are for.
BTW, I have a 2 beer limit, no kidding!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 9:52pm
Any idea what channel?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2008 at 12:42am
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Any idea what channel?

I didnt pay any attention so I just looked it up. Its Tru TV, which is apparently the former Court TV. I think it is regularly on monday. Im not sure yet whether its havasu every week or if the site changes.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2008 at 1:02am
Good idea. I really dont know the drinking laws on the water so nobody really drinks during the day on my vessel were all to busy with watersports:). Ive only had one beer once or twice before we went out(ie. with lunch). It really is a bad deal when a drunkie drives a boat especially if they are a novice at boat driving. or novices driving in general haha. (esp jetskis).
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2008 at 9:50am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Years ago we made annual trips to the Lake of The Ozarks,

Hey Quinner, Lake of the Ozarks is where I did my growing up on the water. "Party Cove" is still thriving. The Water Patrol is typically overwhelmed at keeping up with everything that goes on there

Here's an aerial view of the cove, on what is probably a "slow" day. Up to 3,000 boats are found there at times.

Here is "our cove" at the lake:

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2008 at 10:52am
I know in Indiana the boating laws are no different in regards to DUI, OWI, or what you want to call it they're all the same penalties as if you where driving a vehicle on the roads. The only difference if you have a prior conviction and get arrested for DUI on the water they can not bump it up to a felony, like they can if your on the road.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2008 at 10:59am
They can in Maine. There's a case that's going to trial soon. I guy ran over a 14 footer at night last summer with his 32 footer. He was going in exess of 45 mph and blew a .11. He killed 2 people. They're charging him with 4 counts of Manslaughter and all the rest of the laws as if it were a car. I don't know how they double the count to 4.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2008 at 11:11am
well not every prosecutor's office is the same, but around here they will charge you with multiples of the same charge in lesser degrees, so it might be two say are a class A felony, and two as a class C or D or lower.

Not sure but I would thing regardless of prior's in that example and the mitticating instances, night, speed, personel injury/death would allow felony's to be charges, maybe the former lawer for out west will chime in later.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2008 at 3:38pm
Sorry Chris, the only thing I know about drunk driving laws is that it best not to get into a positon where you need to understand them. BKH
Livin' the Dream

copcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2008 at 4:28am
Brian, I think that's the best approach.

Chuck, Do you still go to the Ozarks?

David
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2008 at 5:17pm
Tonight, (monday) 8 (or 8:30?) eastern time.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2008 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Sorry Chris, the only thing I know about drunk driving laws is that it best not to get into a positon where you need to understand them. BKH

WELL DUUUHHHHHHHHHHH!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2008 at 11:23pm
Soo 79 you can have open containers on the boat as long as the driver isnt drinking? and everyone isnt *************** faced drunk?
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2008 at 11:53am
Originally posted by copcraft copcraft wrote:

Chuck, Do you still go to the Ozarks?

David

David, Yes I do; although the lake has changed dramatically through the years I still go there (my family has been there since the 50's). Some of my fondest life memories are from that place. It is my favorite "get-away" place.

Are you familiar with the lake?

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2008 at 11:57am
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Soo 79 you can have open containers on the boat as long as the driver isnt drinking? and everyone isnt *************** faced drunk?

usually but then there is Barney on patrol in some area's so who know's
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2008 at 12:36pm
phat, I believe your passengers can be overserved as much as they desire provided they are of age. If they are not, I recommend putting down the coozies when Barney is trolling by, and absolutely denying drinking anything.

I watched half of the show last night, I love the 19 yr. old kid that couldn't even write the alphabet blowing a .225. Also the hispanic getting pulled over on a PWC "We're not supposed to drive these things when we drink?". Cop: "Not when you're a .185"
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2008 at 2:43pm
What was the point of showing the two blonde girls making out on the boat ? Or more impressive was the one guy who hadn't been drinking, with the boat load of horny girls who had way too much !
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic