NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Trailer for 19’6 Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Ryan S. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat Trailer for 19’6 Nautique
    Posted: November-17-2004 at 7:29pm
I'm getting ready to replace my 1995 Prestige trailer. Does anybody have any suggestions on style, brand, etc? Is it best to buy through the local dealer? About how much should I expect to pay? Are breaks necessary? Thanks - Ryan
Ryan
AWhite70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2004 at 9:25pm
I don't have any suggestions as far as brands & styles of trailers. My '02 Ski 196 sits on a Ram-Lin trailer with disc surge brakes and it works quite nicely.

I wouldn't say the brakes are absolutely necessary but they are nice to have. Additionally I think there are now laws that say any trailer over 3000# (I'm not 100% sure on the weight) must have brakes. I'm pretty sure a Nautique and a trailer together would be over 3000lb.
Bill336 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill336 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2004 at 11:33pm
My other boat (336 Formula) sits on a Prestige trailer and it's nothing to write home about. It's a 96 and the fact that you're replacing a 95 isn't a very good endorsement of their product.

I'm not sure who to recommend, but here is a good site for trailering laws by state. It covers limits for trailer brakes.

http://www.boatus.com/trailerclub/laws.asp
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2004 at 3:31am
I love my DHM trailer. They are made in Sacramento Ca. There is a law in California that you need brakes on any trailer over I think its 2500 lbs.
Bill336 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill336 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2004 at 10:48am
The site above lists California's limit as 1500# for trailer brakes...

Check your state, and then check states where you might trailer your boat.
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2004 at 3:29pm
I have a DHM trailer too, dual axle. I like it alot, lots of good features, removable front for storage in tight quarters, pivoting bow stop so its easy to put the cover on, diamond plate on the fenders, and it has surge brakes. My tow vehicle is a 4-runner , its light, i need the brakes to stop safely. The boat loads easy on many different launch ramp angles. Its quiet. Tracks like its on rails. Its jet black.

1995 Ski Nautique, Pro Boss, DHM Trailer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic