Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

learning to barefoot

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7172737475 152>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 1:43am
Working on cleaning my backs up as well. Anyone have suggestions or a reason why I'm getting blasted with a water jet under my chin?
...those who have fallen and those who will.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 1:44am
when?
This is the life
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 1:46am
While skiing it.
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 1:48am
Ryan....Tell your boat driver to get his act together:) Are you going skiing with me after work this week?
Thanks.......Tom
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 1:52am
Tom, that's the plan. My boat will be getting some warranty work so I guess we'll have to use the ol' big block beast again!
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 1:59am
Andy/Roy....On my back one foots I tend to stiffen my ski leg. I can track and ski with this form but it concerns me when I start doing wakes. Any suggestions? Ryan Wend. works for me. Lets do it.
Thanks.......Tom
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 2:14am
Tom, good 1-foot. your leg is straight cuz you don't want to fall. As Andy would tell me, "don't straighten it" You want a straighter leg for wakes, but back one foots you need more bend. your body is fairly straight, with not a lot of bend in the waist. As you pick the foot up, think "bend at the waist, bend at the knee. your shoulder blades are pinched also,which has the effect of straightening you out. Roll them down a bit, bend, that will get the back of your hands plastered to your butt. that's all I got.
Got Foot?
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 2:18am
Evening shot:

Got Foot?
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 2:27am
Nice evening shot...Clean skiing too:) I will do what you suggested... bend at waist and bend knee. Yes when I switch to one foot my whole body stiffens up from my sholders to my leg. Trying to clean up some old habits before I start something new.
Thanks.......Tom
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 7:23am
Ryan, I mean't when does the jet hit you while you are skiing.
All the time? when?

Just start doing wakes Tom. Get the neck brace and wear it. break away a little more, your back and shoulders are a little high and by bending a little more in the waist you can add just a tiny bend to your knee and you will be zippin across and as long as you keep the handle touching your butt and your head down you won't fall

This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 7:34am
you can learn wakes on shoe skis too
This is the life
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 10:07am
Andy, most of the time, until the last couple of seconds before I go out the back.
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 12:25pm
Ryan.....Mabey the toe curl you are doing has something to do with the spray hitting your neck? The foot has to relax. Also the spray starts to clear up at around 34 - 35......Just some additional input.
Thanks.......Tom
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 12:45pm
Seb - AWWWESOOOMMMEEEE!!!!!! Dude you make it look easy, cripes even your out the back was tame, how do you end up gliding, I am always rolling with ankles legs and head flying everywhere. Now it is out to the long line!!!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 1:58pm
Tom I got my neckbrace from Barefoot central, Its the Extreme footer neckbrace, its little pricy, $100, but well worth!

nice input you guys, will try to apply it for the next sessions!

Another thing I had improved is on endurance, my runs used to be brief, as I was getting burned after a 2-3 minutes run. So I started to work out a little, I´m doing abs and push ups 4-5 times a week 25-30 minutes each time, also started to run some, but had to quit last time I felt some pain in the hip while running.
I feel stronger now and my runs are longer also!

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 2:20pm
I´m helping Julio, my foot buddy, to find a nice boat. The Mastercraft barefooter I spoted, has some paper problems that the owner seems not to hurry to solve. Also it would be a only one sport boat. So he is looking into a regular inboard, that will allow to do some skiing, wakeboard, and of course barefoot. Boats are limited here, and importing one is out of the question.
No nautiques for sale at this moment. There are for sale 2 late 90 mastercarfts sporstar 190. There´s also a 2005 MC 197 open bow.
Then there are several local made copycat of the Mc 92 hull, and also mc 96 hulls.
He prefers an original MC though. So are any of this 2 hulls the 1998-99 Mc or the 2005 197 good for barefoot?
They are all powered or advertised as having 310 hp powerplants.
I was able to take a look at the 2005, and its in nice condition. Need to do a water test though.
thoughts

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 7:14pm
Ryan - Sounds like Tom has some insight, if you are grabbing with toes that explains it. Thats gas pedaling. Get us some video.

Kap- I don't know anything about those boats, sorry.

So Here's a little treat I promised you guys. This is what you want your wakes to look like.

This is the life
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 8:30pm
Andy....Awsome Wakes....Man you make it look so easy :) Thanks.
Reading and watching Lane Bowers articles today I think I need to work back one foots toe holds (both sides of wake) front toe holds (both sides of wake) and some shoe skiing/wake crosses....and mabey sometime next year I start to practice the one foot wakes:( No one said this sport was easy.
Thanks.......Tom
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2012 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

c'mon Gary..you know we love pics here!

john

But in a a better suit!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 1:20am
Those are not my wakes. They are world class wakes.
This is the life
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 1:22am
david small right?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 1:23am
yes
This is the life
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 1:39am
julio's barefoot back run

he come's from guatemala, no winter there. told him to get a drysuit. Anyway he was complaining all the time about how cold weather and water was, thus the title! Cold MTF!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 2:38am
tell Julio to not pull the handle up so far, just pull it so there is some bend in your arms, then freeze position, slowly let go with one hand then try to stay there, DO NOT TURN, let the pull turn you, keep the handle close, turn "feet over"

boat speed looks a little fast, but 30mph or so should be good
This is the life
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 3:13am
looking good Gary....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 3:14am
looking good Gary....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 11:44am
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

Ryan - Sounds like Tom has some insight, if you are grabbing with toes that explains it. Thats gas pedaling. Get us some video.

+1
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 1:16pm
More world class back wakes, a little closer perspective

tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 1:28pm
Thanks Steve....Great video...She makes it look easy. I think the back 1 foot wakes is the coolest run to watch. What a great goal to accomplish :)
Thanks.......Tom
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2012 at 5:53pm
I agree Tom, on all accounts. I see all you guys doing this stuff like its second nature, and just have to remember to be patient. Sure is fun though!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7172737475 152>
  Share Topic