Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winter....whats your off season hobby? ..

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
Soulscream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soulscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 7:22pm
I like to paintball and snowboard during the winter, maybe a little golf...and alot of beer.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 7:56pm
Drink beer and watch my belly grow, then frantically try to lose it in spring so I don't have to buy new boardshorts. I also enjoy growing a beard and doing some reading.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 10:25pm
Hollywood, just wait a few years, it ain't so easy to lose anymore. I know.

Steve, AHHHHHH.......think I'll pa$$ on the snow sled B-foot run. Bet the PLBC boys would do it tho.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 8:09am
Off season...we snow ski all over NE, but mainly in Vermont at Okemo Mt. We try to make a trip out west once a year (Montana, Colorado, B.C) This year we're looking into a road trip to Mt Temblant
Snowmobiles are a blast too. We spent a week in Cook City, MT a couple years back- snowmobiling and back country skiing, was a hoot!
-Brad
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 8:34am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Is that blue pick-up yours?Another one of my favorite GM bodies,The late 60's,early 70's pick-up.

Mike

[/QUOTE]

Mike , The pickup in the background (good eyes) is my "everyday" work truck.. I did a complete frame -off restoration on it about 10 years ago.. It pulls an enclosed trailer weekly..but looks best with my 64 CC behind her :)

Its a 72 half ton 4x4, with a lot of options..factory tach , speedminder, tilt ,working AC, etc. I built a mild .30 over 350 for it. ( plans are in the works for an aluminum headed- 383 stroker) Last year I changed from 3.08 gears to 3.73s. At the same time we put a 700 overdrive trans in. Now I can run 70+mph on the interstate , pulling a trailer , with the AC on!.. Life doesnt get much better..

Sounds like youve got some neat stuff in the family! My bro-inlaw just moved to Ct... Wher do you live? always love to look at old rides!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 12:49pm
HOCKEY - HOCKEY - HOCKEY!
(Well, that's actually year-round, but a little more in the winter)

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Sounds like youve got some neat stuff in the family! My bro-inlaw just moved to Ct... Wher do you live? always love to look at old rides!

I live in York,Maine.My father in law is the one with all the neat toys-but he loves to see us use 'em,so that's cool.He just sold a 72 Chevy shortbed 2wd with a 454 in mint condition.It was a southern truck and it was CLEAN!.I would have liked to have bought it,but I had just purchased my new boat when he decided to sell it,and I couldn't afford it.Unfortunately he sold it to my wife's ex-husband.Win some,loose some

Anyway,if you ever make it this way,I'd love to show you the cars,he usually has 8-10 in his garage

BTW,that's a nice daily driver to have.Sweet.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 2:51am
Originally posted by bkhallpa$$ bkhallpa$$ wrote:

If I were going to buy a Crackerbox racing hull, I'd look for a Bob Patterson boat. Bob is kind of THE guy in Crackerbox racing. I'm told he doesn't make boats anymore, but he's still seen at the races, and he built about 75 of them. BKH

Brian,
Those are pretty cool...what type of power did they run?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
bwill14 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwill14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 7:29am
Golf and slow pitch softball.

They are much more comfortable in the winter down here Tampa!
Brent
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 11:44am
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Brian,
Those are pretty cool...what type of power did they run?

Traditionally, the Crackerbox was a 280 cla$$ - nothing over 280 Cubic Inches. The most popular motor was the Chrysler 273. I haven't been around the Crackers much in the last few years, but I'm told it has been opened up to a 5 Liter cla$$, but they've put some restrictions on what you can do with the motors.

These boats only do lap speed in the 80s, and top speed just over 100. But what makes it so exciting is they are small boats, V8s, two guys riding all the way in the back of the boat, and rarely anything more than the prop and rudder in the water. Check out www.crackerbox.net. BKH
Livin' the Dream

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2006 at 12:04pm
Here's my winter hobby.

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2006 at 10:28pm
Mowing the snow? Or maybe, drinking lots of beer to where I can justify doing ridiculous things such as taking the old Cub for a ride.

ReidP
1973 Mustang

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2006 at 7:48am
Now that's what I call a snow "mow" bile!

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2006 at 9:20am
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Here's my winter hobby.

Another guitarist! Nice. I'll have to dig up some pics of the Les Paul and the Martin...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2006 at 10:36am
I hope all is well with Stang, 62 Wood and anyone else downstate Illinois, we got hammered with ice and snow Thur-Fri and it sounds like many people downstate have been without power ever since.

todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2006 at 12:39pm
I took my son Tyler ( 12 yrs old ) quad riding up in Downieville ( an old mining town in Northern California) with my Uncle for a male bonding weekend. We had a great time and plan on doing this throughout the winter.
The Sierra Buttes trail

The Pacific Crest Trail

The Cascades

Ranger lookout station

Tyler wipeout

Up the trail

My Uncle d*ck - the picture explains it all
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
copcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2006 at 8:27pm
Quinner

I've been getting pictues of all the damage in the Ozarks with the ice and snow they got there. Unbelieveable! The weight on the roofs of the docks falling in on the boats, docks rolling, and boats sinking. What a loss!
copcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2006 at 8:29pm
Quinner

You mentioned the devastation in downstate Illinois. Have you seen any of the pictures coming out of the Lake of the Ozark area. The weight from ice and snow causing dock rooks to collapse on the boats, docks rolling over, and boats sinking. Unbelievable losses!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 10:49am
Hollywood sent me this link, holy crap!

Lake of the Ozarks

Lot's of articles in the paper the last several days, they are saying most power should be restored by Friday?

Copcraft, where are you keeping the streets safe in Illinois? If you work on any kind of quota's most of the PLBC boy's are up North should you be looking for any customers.

copcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2006 at 6:20pm
Quinner

I'm in Kankakee, about 60 mi south of Chicago. I keep reading about the PLBC boys and so far have only figured out they're in a boat club. At least I think that's what the BC stands for. They have quite a nasty reputation on this site. They sound like a LOT of fun. If they're close and want to be caught, I will try and catch up with them this summer.

David
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2006 at 12:04am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

I hope all is well with Stang, 62 Wood and anyone else downstate Illinois, we got hammered with ice and snow Thur-Fri and it sounds like many people downstate have been without power ever since.

Got a foot of snow Fri...not so bad, but windy also...lots of drifts out here in the "sticks"...plowed snow for 16 hrs...havent even had time to start the sled ... lows tonight around zero..luckily no power outages here.

Man ,its goin to be a long winter..Im glad I got the Green Lake pics rotating on my computer screen...

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2006 at 4:05pm
Steve: No snow here. Bring Pam for a visit.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2006 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Steve: No snow here. Bring Pam for a visit.

john

Jbear,
I may be down in Orlando first week of the New Year.. We should get together if you're going to be around...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2006 at 10:02pm
Mojo: Sorry it took me so long to get back. Of course we gotta get together. ReidP is gonna visit just after Christmas and we would love to meet you and Mrs Mojo as well. e-mail me with the dates and we'll work something out. Lots of snow up there?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2006 at 11:43pm
Here's what we do year round but mostly when it cools down over here. It was in the high 70's today. My brother's the driver and im the Crew Chief(wrencher/tuner) We have 2 sponsors and the main one is our local boat dealer, the other sponsor we just got. I use to race Karts and still have one. love building those OPEN briggs motors so I built that one on the JR Dragser. It will do 7.80 in the 1/8 and the Camaro will do 10.20's in the 1/4 our fastest time is 10.02   
RootRacing
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2006 at 11:49pm
[IMG]
RootRacing
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2006 at 11:51pm
RootRacing
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2006 at 11:52pm
RootRacing
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2006 at 11:54pm
RootRacing
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2006 at 11:57pm
RootRacing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic