NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft Reunion Angola?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by 75 stang 75 stang wrote:

My law professor at tri-state

Sean,

My Brother Doug is an 87' Grad from Tri-State.
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 10:16pm
I was there 86-90, spent a lot of time on Lake Gauge and shacked up in a cottage on James we rented in the off season so I could ski in the afternoons. What was the last name?
Take your work seriously, not yourself.
Boat Pics
grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2009 at 11:09am
i for one would love to see a cc reunion in angola indiana. we do our boating near coldwater michigan which is about 20 minutes north of angola, and i've always wanted to attend the midwest reunion. there are a lot of nautique owners in that area, old and new boats alike. midwest correct craft used to be in the area, but since the buy out it was closed last summer to my knowledge and bruce now works for n3 boats in indy, but still lives in the angola area. this could work in the area, because there are so many lakes within a close proximity. lake james is a big lake with a good night life, like mentioned by a previous post, but not limited to just lake james. if this is going to happen it has got to be a collective effort and i would be willing to help out as much as i can. i live in napoleon, ohio so that could be difficult at times. i know the area to a certain extent, but not as well as some of you that may read these posts.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2009 at 2:16pm
Hi Greg,
As it was mentioned in this thread many moons ago, the idea is wonderful, but for it's overall sucess you need the dedication of a couple of guys on site to do all the work setting a reunion up. Even if it's a mini-non official gathering, someone like yourself would need to "make it happen". Scoping accommodations, resturaunts, sand bars, activities, bars (I almost left out bars) Ha... Anyway, you get what I mean. Once you have a functioning group willing to put in the time, you can make it happen.
OR.
Come up to Green Lake and have the time of your life in July with 200 of your closest CCfan friends you could ever have.. Once you do, you'll always come back !!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2009 at 1:35am
what is the date for the GL event? i know i'm a little behind, always have read posts, just never got into any of the discussions. the mention of angola area as a possible site for a future event caught my eye. like i said i would be willing to put in some time. as a matter of fact i'm meeting with bruce from the former midwest correct craft over the holidays and i will be prodding him for some possible sponsors, sites, and other cc people to possibly contact that may have an interest in bringing a cc event to the area. thanks for your input though.
87' Nautique
67' Skylark
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2009 at 11:32am
I alwas thought with Ken living on Crooked and midwest in his backyard an angola program might fly but I think the possibilities of sponsorship just got much less unless Vera Bradley wants to throw some money at it.

James would be easier as pokagon is on the lake with a great beach, returant etc...

If it ever happened it would have to be right close to labor day or just after if the goal was to get decent water. Traffic seems to start slowing late august witht he kids going back to school so early.

I really miss having Bruce and midwest 2 miles out my back door. He helped me a lot last year with the mustang interior.
Boat Pics
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2010 at 12:59pm
I think it would be interesting to have a mini-reunion in Angola. Not sure which of the lakes would be the best?? As a kid, we came up from Indy and camped in Pokagan State Park. I still have a very vivid memory of how clear the water was. It was amazing. I think we may have been on Lake James??

Plus, I can just imagine all the classic Correct Craft's on these lakes having had MidWest Correct Craft there all those years.

Is this mini still in the works, or has it lost steam?
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2010 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Thanks for the props HW....sitting here right now drinking Beam with rleinen79 and the lovely Dena (in bed right now) getting amped up for the weekend. Eddie and JoAnn just left. We are gonna have a blast.

john

Wow drinking games in bed with a beautiful girl, that sounds like a party!!!
grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2010 at 12:11pm
as i said before i'd love even to see a mini reunion in angola! if any of you guys on this post want to help plan one, i'm in. you can contact me at grosebrook@gmail.com. i had said before that i would help as much as possible. to be able to see all the cc's from just that 20 mile radius would be awesome.
87' Nautique
67' Skylark
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2010 at 12:42pm
I would hate to plan one without ever having been to one before. I used to do a lot of classic car shows and still do a couple model airplane events each year. What i've learned is planning and running an event makes the actual event much less fun to attend. Im going to try and make one of the other events this summer and see what is involved. If one come together around here i'll be available to help out but I just dont have the time in the summer to do it well.

Boat Pics
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 1:14pm
I read a post on Planet Nautique titled My new 99 super sport.
The post has been somewhat hi jacked by a event called Crush the Ice for Life to be held in the spring at Bixler Lake Park in Kendallville IN.
It looks like a fun weekend and any proceeds will help fight cancer.
I think I will check it out this year. Maybe this can also work as a mini reunion?
grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 5:55pm
i checked out the thread on planet nautique. while the event looks like a lot of fun and obviously for a good cause, i don't know anything about that area and what it offers. one of the interesting things i did see is that adam wensink is involved. i have met adam and he would be a great resource to help with even a mini event regardless of location. for anyone who does not know adam, he is a rep for nautique serving the midwest.
87' Nautique
67' Skylark
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 6:03pm
He's been to the last 3 Green Lake Reunions, and Lake George this year.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 6:44pm
Adam I believe is scheduled for GL again this summer. He was to bummed for not being able to attend this year's event...

Regardless, if the contingency of Eastern Indiana/Western Ohio wants to put on even a non CCFan sanctioned weekend, just know that many guys have already booked out their July to come to GL.

My suggestion is that nothing is happenning in August. Might be a good time to put something together....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 12:15pm
went to the fort wayne boat show this past saturday and picked a few brains about a possible mini reunion. first i spoke with the manager of ride the wave a local ski and wakeboard shop. they have an annual block party which includes a family friendly band, volleyball tourney, cash bar, and last year had a ride with scott byerly. she suggested maybe coordinating it with the block party would be a possibility. also ran into adam wensink and mentioned it to him. he was working at the dry dock display, they both were very receptive about the idea and if anyone else would want to jump on board maybe we can at least feel this thing out and coordinate it with the ride the wave block party and call it a mini mini reunion. anyone?????????
87' Nautique
67' Skylark
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 2:28pm
I stopped at the marathon station by ride the wave sunday night on my home from skiing, I thought they were going out of business, trucks backed up to the door, showroom bare... they must have been coming home from the boat show.

Just another random thought, ont he far end of the third basin of crooked by the ski course is a club house and docks for a new subdivision. If you were looking for a place to meet and park some boats that might be an interesting spot pretty open till the development grows and just a few houses down from the Meloon home (ken i think) and the old Midwest cc buildings.
Boat Pics
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 2:30pm
When is the block party?
Greg,
I noticed you are in Napoleon. A friend of mine holds a barefoot endurance race, called the Buckethead, on the Maumee river. Are you familiar with it? We race from Grand Rapids to Napoleon and back.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2010 at 12:09am
the block party is july 24th. yes i'm in napoleon and i've heard of the barefoot race from grand rapids to napoleon, but unfortunaley have never been out there for it. who is your friend?
87' Nautique
67' Skylark
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2010 at 12:42am
Buckethead
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
footnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2010 at 2:06am
I would be up for Lake James, The State Park Lodge and Camp Grounds are as nice as any. The crystal clear water means no scum ring on the boat and lets not leave out the slalom course that is always up and usually maintained as well as the submerged sand bar to auger into so no beaching. Sounds good provided I still have my boat. I will keep watching the post.
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2010 at 2:21am
I have 2 houses just north of angola! 8 miles. I like the idea, I will put up all that can make it, bring your boat or use mine, BTW i have a grill that can cook for 50 and the old @&$^ can cook like you never seen! LETS DO THIS!
footnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2010 at 4:40am
Lake James would be a great spot with the State Park Lodge and camp grounds, the submerged sand bar, the slalom course and of couse the 5 connected lakes with almost crystal clear water. I would be in if I still have my boat then. When should we all get together the ice has melted and the dry suit is just hanging around?
footnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2010 at 4:41am
Lake james would be great the dry suit is just hanging around.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2010 at 11:46am
Originally posted by grose grose wrote:

the block party is july 24th. yes i'm in napoleon and i've heard of the barefoot race from grand rapids to napoleon, but unfortunaley have never been out there for it. who is your friend?

Sorry for not responding. Brian McMillan, Buckethead, the namesake, because he wears a helmet while footing, is the one who puts on the race. Scheduled for Aug 14th this year. Last year they had 11 boats. This race is more of a boat race with a footer in tow. The water is almost always glass, so some guys run at 50+mph.

If something happens in Angola, and the date works, and it doesn't interfere with the Argentina reunion   , I'm in.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2010 at 6:30pm
finally, some more interest in an angola event!!!!! who's up for planning a mini event?????
87' Nautique
67' Skylark
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2010 at 2:52am
I am 100 miles away and dont know the area so I dont think I can help with planning. I will definitely be in. If there is some way I can help let me know.
75 stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2010 at 10:56am
Headed up this weekend to get the dock in and open up the cottage. Kids are on spring break and getting excited about getting back to the water. get something put together in the area and I will do my best to make it.

Sounds like a planning meeting is needed down at the acupolco grill on Bledsoe's beach
Boat Pics
grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2010 at 12:06am
we are putting in docks April 17th tentatively depending on weather. Sounds like we are getting a little more interest and i know that there are a lot of nautique owners in the area, so if it is marketed well we could have a pretty good turn out. i will help as much as possible, so if anyone wants to get together and see if we can pull this off, shoot me an email and we can get together over a few drinks of course.
87' Nautique
67' Skylark
grose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2010 at 12:21am
just throwing this out, because our cottage is actually on the chain of lakes connected with coldwater lake being the anchor and it goes north through 7 smaller lakes then marble lake is on the north end with the town of coldwater very close with some hotel options. about a 20-25 minute drive from angola.
87' Nautique
67' Skylark
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2010 at 1:05pm
I live in coldwater have 2 houses as said earlier, I am on the north chain, any one interested is welcome at my houses lake or farm. we have enough room at farm for as many that can bring campers. enough room at lake for camping and 6 indoors. can provide electric hook up as well. hope we can meet some of ya folks up here? Jeff BTW GROSE where do ya live on south chain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic