NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Baracks self assesment

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112 13>
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2012 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

it does normally recirculate back into the economy, I think if it was up to you Dave, you would tell everyone to keep their cash at home and under no circumstance should they go out and spend....I really dont think it is waste...the only thing i really would think is wasted are the fuels. spending is key to any economy. and i dont think he turns off the thinking cap when he goes on vacation, there is still a secret service outside the crapper door, so we cant really say its a vacation

Eric, When I say People should be able to keep their money I do not mean literally, I expect they will spend it. Just because it circulates back in is not an excuse to take it. If so could you give me a fifty? It will get back to you. I am not saying he is off duty, a president never is, so why spend four million to go to Hawaii? Now if I kept the money and went on vacation I would enjoy it.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2012 at 12:11am
The really interesting part of that story is how Mooch-elle and the girls flew to Hawaii on their own, and BO flew out later. That costs double for everything. Talk about wasteful, and hypocritical. Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Not to mention all that wasteful use of fossil fuel, and the ensuing carbon emmision into the atmosphere. Wasn't he the same president that said we are all going to have to cut back?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2012 at 12:26am
I guess it annoys me more that CEO's of public companies.. owned often times by me and my little 401k, make tens of millions a year sometimes even when running a company into the ground. They fly all over the place on private jets, hold conferences in exotic locations that run into the many millions of dollars and even though I own part of the company I dont even get a chance to vote them out every few years.

The congress and the president make less money than many of the middle management types I work for and with, and those that do the job correctly work basically non-stop. Nobody finds it odd that Romney makes 250 million in a year for being rich and yet it is bad that congress has health insurance? If you think your congressman is doing a bad job vote them out, or run against them but by making the jobs so unappealing that you have to be a crook to want to do them then we get what we deserve.

Seriously we are supposed to be angry that the president goes home to hawaii once a year.. paying his and his families own way. Yes it is expensive because he is the president and he has work to do and it takes people to do allow him to do it. Yes it is expensive for him to even walk around because as president of the united states people want to kill you. If people wanted to kill me just because of my job you better damn well be sure I would be getting well paid and work would be paying to protect me and mine. I would be looking to get more than a couple weeks of vacation a year.

as to diverting 3% to an IRA - it is a giveaway to the finacial industry that was invented by the finacial industry who will take thier 2% a year management fees right off the top year in and year out. There are also reasons why it makes very little sense in terms of economics to have IRAs that you are required by the government to invest in every week, it basically defeats the mechanisms of the market because you invest even when it is not in your best interest to do so. Beside that it kinda defeats the point of SSI, it is a bare minimum income that is there even if you are hit by crippling disability, the economy crashes, or you get robbed by goldman sachs again. Like any other insurance it is your money.    

Those of you actually interested in solutions, and why SSI and medicare were created (and have been and remain amazingly popular) should go back and read the public debates of the time. It was pretty when you got old then if you didnt have a family around to support you.. and with how much older people live now you would have two older generations of your family to support while trying to raise a family now. Health care insurance costs already reflect the large number of uninsured that are never turned away in america.. without medicaid and medicare the privately insured health care system would have crumbled 20 years ago.

Those of you who are more concerned with winning an arguement in favor of your predetermined opinion that feels right to you can continue to make up facts or quote those who do.. but come on at some point in your life consider not voting against the people who actually get results and for the ones that have a million reasons why the disasters they cause arent really thier fault.   

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2012 at 1:11am
Joe....I know you are a stickler for correct numbers. You are wrong on Mitt's income. He made ~$21MM in 2010, and not $250MM.

Mitt's Income

And, in striving for accuracy of numbers, the Obama's only paid for thier rental property in Hawaii. The taxpayers picked up the tab for transporation in a military jet and security which was around $100,000.

A quote from the article as well..
"The move also puts the president at odds with one of his own executive orders that instructed agencies to avoid unnecessary flights".

Mrs. Obamas Hawaii Trip Cost

Joe....On investments, I am not sure I follow you. Are you saying it is not good to invest in a seperate IRA or 401K, and that we should rely only on SS? Also, why would it not be in ones best interest to invest in an IRA or 401K? Just trying to understand what you mean.

I invest with Vanguard, and they only charge .20 percent. So, you can shop around for better deals.

On Social Security, if you think there is a neat little pile of money back at the SS admin with your name on it, your are wrong. SS comes out of the general fund.

You are paying current SS retirees benefits, and when you go on the program, younger people working at that time will be paying your benefits.

So, from that perspective, there are some similiarities to a ponzi scheme. I think we all would have been much better off to invest our own funds into a privately controlled investment option similar to Vanguard's or Fidelity's Target Retirement Funds.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2012 at 1:53am
Sorry David you are absolutely right mitt is worth 250 million and only made 21 million for doing nothing in 2010.. freakin piss poor obama economy, guy didnt even make 10% I keep getting confused because they keep calling an increase in taxes on the portion of ones income earned in one year that is over 1 million dollars a millionaires tax. Since a millionaire is someone that is worth more than one million dollars I keep confusing being worth something and making that much in one year...

I absolutely have no problem with people investing in 401ks or IRAs or not if they see a better way to invest thier money like buying real estate or say starting a business. The market works there somewhat.. even though the tax breaks on 401ks and iras distort market forces in favor of the 401ks and IRAs and away from property or business investments you can still choose to invest or not.

I was speaking specifically of the plan the republicans have been pushing for the finacial industry where we can privatize our social security account and divert 3% of our income into an ira only unlike your 401k you couldnt stop investing and move your money into real estate you would need to continue to put your money under a managed account.

Now if you have a .2% account management fee on a non employer sponsor plan and you arent paying on the way in and out of funds you are doing pretty good. There are some deals in IRAs but in general even the lowest fee managed funds available to the general 401k public range between .9 and the low 2 percentage in management fees. Addtionally the most mediocre funds tend to be heavily marketed to the 401k crowd.

Rarely if you complain enough you can get a relatively low fee index fund added to your employer sponsored 401k as an option.. if this is the case for you consider yourself a member of a small minority.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2012 at 2:04am
oh and i dont expect a pile of money to be sitting there with my name on it any more than I expect a pile of money sitting at my health/auto/fire/life insurer.

I just expect them to be able to pay when the conditions require it.. that is how insurance works. The difference here is that your health insurer raises rates or increases copays whenever thier costs go up, like when the ceo makes 25 million for getting fired. The government has been putting off a necessary rate increase/benefit reduction for the last 12 years because the finance industry would rather get a percentage so the repubs would like us to privatize it.

This is even though the costs have gone up because people are living longer, that is a real change. It is not unreasonable to expect for it to cause a change in the plan details... and it will happen. Doomsday talk to the contrary is generally used to forward someones political goals.
=

That interest that we are always hearing about us having to pay on our huge national debt.. that is the interest that our SS funds earn.. why would we want that money to sit around not earning interest while the government had to pay even more interest to china to fund our wars?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2012 at 3:11am
I don't know the details of how the SS privitization would work. But, I would much rather be in control of my own destiny and have a few solid options to invest in. If I had the option to invest my earmarked SS in an S&P 500 Index fund, or a stock/bond fund, I would do it. Who even knows what kind of return you are getting on SS funds. Probably a paultry 1-2%. Sure, when the stock market tanks, the government looks like hero's with that kind of return. But, over the long haul, stocks and bonds have been a decent place to invest....again, over the long haul. I choose to invest in low cost index stock and bond funds to keep costs very low. There are some slick fund companies out there that charge loads on the way in, and out. Sometimes as high as 8%. People are crazy to pay that, but, they get suckered into a slck sales pitch and do it. So, they have to at least make an 8% return, or whatever the number is to break even to overcome the sales load. But, I am hopeful that the government would be smart enough to provide the Vanguard type options with very low annual fee's and no loads.

I also think it is very difficult to time the market, or pick winning stocks. So, instead of looking for the needle in the haystack magic stock, I just buy the whole haystack. Its a slow but steady way to invest, and is truly investing instead of gambling with individual stocks and day trading "investments".   

As far as real estate goes, that can be a tricky field, especially these days. Some guys do real well in real estate, and others take a bath. Just depends on the type of real estate. If I was going to invest in real estate, I would do it through a REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust). Much more liquid. I know guys that invest in apartments. They have trouble with renters leaving, or tearing the places up. That can't sell when they want to due to real estate market conditions. I wouldn't want to put up with that.

Another mistake is putting too many eggs in one basket when they work for a company. I spent 14 years at GE, and only had GE stock in my portfolio. Big mistake. Never again. Live and learn.

So, let the people have the option to invest in the stock or bond markets and build their own portfolio. Over 30-40 years, it should serve them well when they retire.

on SS, yes, some changes will have to be made. Its not politically popular, but, when SS was introduce in the 30's (I think it was), people got their funds at 62 or so, and were dead by 68-70. Now people are living much longer, and the numbers don't make sense anymore. People will have to start kicking in more, and taking it out later due to a much longer life expectancy. Paul Ryan was trying to put together a plan to save SS, and other entitlements, but, BO, and the Dems through him under the bus for it to meet their own political goals.

Whew, its microbrew time!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2012 at 4:55am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I Now if you have a .2% account management fee on a non employer sponsor plan and you arent paying on the way in and out of funds you are doing pretty good. There are some deals in IRAs but in general even the lowest fee managed funds available to the general 401k public range between .9 and the low 2 percentage in management fees.   

Joe social security management costs have run a .9% to 1% for the last decade and have been up to 2.2% historically. You seem to indicate that there is something of an ethical issue with private firms charging similar rates but historically offering higher returns. why is one unethical and one a worthwhile program.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2012 at 5:55am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

as to diverting 3% to an IRA - it is a giveaway to the finacial industry that was invented by the finacial industry who will take thier 2% a year management fees right off the top year in and year out. There are also reasons why it makes very little sense in terms of economics to have IRAs that you are required by the government to invest in every week, it basically defeats the mechanisms of the market because you invest even when it is not in your best interest to do so. Beside that it kinda defeats the point of SSI, it is a bare minimum income that is there even if you are hit by crippling disability, the economy crashes, or you get robbed by goldman sachs again. Like any other insurance it is your money.    

Those of you actually interested in solutions, and why SSI and medicare were created (and have been and remain amazingly popular) should go back and read the public debates of the time. It was pretty when you got old then if you didnt have a family around to support you.. and with how much older people live now you would have two older generations of your family to support while trying to raise a family now. Health care insurance costs already reflect the large number of uninsured that are never turned away in america.. without medicaid and medicare the privately insured health care system would have crumbled 20 years ago.

Those of you who are more concerned with winning an arguement in favor of your predetermined opinion that feels right to you can continue to make up facts or quote those who do.. but come on at some point in your life consider not voting against the people who actually get results and for the ones that have a million reasons why the disasters they cause arent really thier fault.   

Joe, As later posts have shown the 2% is a higher side number. and 1% is very in line with the cut our government is "taking off the top"

Why does it make very little sense to have to invest when it is not in your interest to do so under the IRA plan but it does make sense when the government makes the rules? There have been many times in my life when I could have invested more in my retirement and a few times when I would have benefited by paying less and having more available spending money to make ends meet. So unlike any other insurance, it is not my money when the government is in charge. It leaves me fewer options and less control of my resources.

We survived in this country for about 175 years without these programs. The gaps were filled by private charities and families who were motivated by the fact that there was not a safety net. The uninteded (hopefully)consequence of regulating peoples retirement is they loose motivation to take care of it themselves, or the more likely plan is to build a group of voters that is dependant on big government. the private insures only go broke without medicare if you put in the key piece of mandating that you care for the uninsured and cannot turn people away. The left had a solution that they wanted and had to create a problem for the medical providers to justify it and get support.

"the ones that have a million reasons why the disasters they cause aren't really their fault." This is a description of Obama if I have ever heard one.   

1987 Ski Nautique

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2012 at 10:20am
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2012 at 1:40am
The percentage of each past president's cabinet who had worked in the private business sector prior to their appointment to the cabinet. You know what the private business sector is a real-life business, not a government job. Here are the percentages.

T. Roosevelt.................... 38%

Taft.................................. 40%

Wilson ........................... 52%

Harding........................... 49%

Coolidge......................... 48%

Hoover............................ 42%

F. Roosevelt................... 50%

Truman........................... 50%

Eisenhower................ .... 57%

Kennedy......................... 30%

Johnson.......................... 47%

Nixon.............................. 53%

Ford................................ 42%

Carter............................. 32%

Reagan........................... 56%

GH Bush......................... 51%

Clinton .......................... 39%

GW Bush........................ 55%

Obama..................... 8%!!
1987 Ski Nautique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2012 at 10:07am
Did anyone catch the new Mastercraft commercial?
"the things you own will start to own you"
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2012 at 10:32am
The one without a driver?
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2012 at 2:07pm
Love those stats Dave. Shows he has no life experience in running a business in the free market place.

The other night Obama was on Oreilly and I fell out my chair when he actually thinks he deserves another term and that he never raised taxes... He is the BIGGEST LIAR I ever seen.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2012 at 9:59am
no it showed a couple of boats and it was a MC commercial, nice lookin boats
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2012 at 10:26am
The one I saw was for MC with PP. The driver set the PP and walked to the back of the boat, placed his surfboard in the water and got on, No driver. He wakesurfed for a bit then got back into the boat and drivers seat praising MC with PP
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2012 at 12:24am
How about those caucuses? Minnesota might have a lot of liberals but I guess our conservatives are very conservative. By the way, I am a newly elected republican delegate for ward 1F in my town and expect all the rights and privileges that go with such an important position. I think the position and five bucks will get me a coffee at starbucks.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2012 at 12:27am
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

The one I saw was for MC with PP. The driver set the PP and walked to the back of the boat, placed his surfboard in the water and got on, No driver. He wakesurfed for a bit then got back into the boat and drivers seat praising MC with PP

Thats going to lead to a lawsuit when someone else gives it a try.
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2012 at 12:56am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

How about those caucuses? Minnesota might have a lot of liberals but I guess our conservatives are very conservative. By the way, I am a newly elected republican delegate for ward 1F in my town and expect all the rights and privileges that go with such an important position. I think the position and five bucks will get me a coffee at starbucks.

Which party are you affilated with Dave? Did you say Republican? Wasn't sure

By the way, its interesting Romney didn't win one county in MN. That had to be a bit embarrasing for your ex Gov. Pawlenty who is a big sponsor of Romney
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2012 at 3:18am
No comments about Obama ticking off the Catholics? My thought is if McDonald's is promoting obesity by giving kids a free toy with their happy meal, what do we promote when we give free birth control with health insurance? And why is the government subsidizing recreation? When do I get free gas for my boat?
1987 Ski Nautique

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2012 at 11:40am
McDonalds and some other favored big corporations got exempt from Obamacare. This means that if you can't afford or can't receive healthcare the government will supply it to you under Obamacare. So why can't the same hold through for birth control. If you can't afford it or it is not provided for you you are elegible under Obamacare to receive it throught your government. Solves the problem, and gets the Catholics off the hook. Pretty simple? No way, this is Washington. It is and never was about supplying the pill, it was a power trip. The President thought this would raise hell with right to lifers and make republicans flip on their position. It kinda backfired and because Obama can NEVER be wrong he came up with the new so called compromise which changed nothing. Your premium is still paying for the pill. By the way I wouldn't trust to much the President does now that he can reverse if re elected. just sayin
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2012 at 12:12pm
would you be offended if we gave all of the crackheads in the inner city 5000.00 to get their tubes tied and when they became or become a productive citizen they would pay to reverse the procedure? in one hand you you bitch about welfare and in the other.......
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2012 at 12:18pm
you keep the poor contained by welfare, if not they will end up in the penal system really causing a burden on the state and federal budget, I dont necessarily agree with mixing religion and state, but there is a point to where the state must step in. The Catholics have a very foggy past and act as a do as i say, to me they have lost the solidity of what religion is based on
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2012 at 12:19pm
many a kids have came to this world over a rock
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2012 at 2:58pm
Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2012 at 5:05pm
well under 1 dictator................
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2012 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

you keep the poor contained by welfare, if not they will end up in the penal system really causing a burden on the state and federal budget, I dont necessarily agree with mixing religion and state, but there is a point to where the state must step in. The Catholics have a very foggy past and act as a do as i say, to me they have lost the solidity of what religion is based on

Eric,one of the highest founding principles of this nation is the spereation of church and state, and not the bastardised version where you cant sing a christmas carol during the winter solstace concert in our elementary schools, but the real meaning. At the time of our nations founding the church of England and the government had been so intertwined as to alter the churches stands based on the governments needs. This why our constitution sought to seperate any government influence on religion. The catholic rite of marriage includes accepting children lovingly from God. certainly there is some hypocracy within catholicism on this but that is for the church to deal with, certainly our constitution say that the government has no place in the argument. Eric, by your stance you would have us trade away one of our highest principles to accomodate some of the lowest behaviors in our society. WTF? You make the caim that if we did not pay a welfare ransome we would have to pay to jail all the recipients. I see it this way,If wee represent all those on welfare as 100 people, how many would resort to robery if welfare was not an option? I see most people as honest, so I would guess 5-10% might resort to crime, the rest would find a means of employment to sustain themselves. so if we no longer are having to pay 90 of them, we would have plenty of money to jail the rest. Think of the message to the future generations. They would see working role models in the home and learn that the court system is not a revolving door but a system to be feared.

It does not make sense to continue to reward the non-producers and punish those that do produce, unless your goal is to have a nation of non-producers. Nor is it the responsibility of our "limited" government to be subsidising recreational sex. Maybe after they have done their real jobs like upholding our constitution, protecting our the soverienty of our nation and balancing our budget.
1987 Ski Nautique

ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2012 at 8:52pm
Dave, funny you don't note the republicans whom were for this mandate back in 2001.    Now that it is Obama doing it, you flip the other direction.

I will look it up but I am sure they were for it back then.
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2012 at 9:22pm
Here you go, it was called the The Equity in Prescription Insurance and Contraceptive Coverage Act.   And it was (R) Olympia Snowe and (r)James Greenwood.

Under this legislation, plans already covering prescription drugs and devices would include equal coverage for prescription contraceptive drugs and devices. Also, plans that include coverage for outpatient medical services would include outpatient contraceptive services in that coverage. The bill defines contraceptive services as consultations, examinations, procedures, and medical services, provided on an outpatient basis and related to the use of contraceptive methods (including natural family planning) to prevent an unintended pregnancy.

s.104   and    SEC 714   

Spin away.......
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2012 at 12:41am
Seth, I usually dont go back and qualify everything that has happened in the last 11 years whn discussing current events, but to clear things up. It was wrong then as much as it is wrong now. Olympia Snow is a liberal that happens to run as a republican and I would expect nothing less from her. for that matter Bush was wrong when he grew government with medicare part D, Bush was wrong when he grew the deficit with the first stimulus. No one is to big to fail. Senator Obama was right when he said Bushes deficit was unpatriotic. Spending at that time was to high. I am happy to give credit where credit is do. Obama now says he was wrong to call Bushes deficit unpatriotic. He said he was thinking like a senator and not like a president. If that is the case maybe we should not tell the next president that they have won. Maybe we need to keep them thinking like a senator.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112 13>
  Share Topic