Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ignition wiring diagram

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Footer 1952 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Footer 1952 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ignition wiring diagram
    Posted: May-24-2024 at 11:47pm
Ignition wiring diagram

Mid 1980’s BFN or SN
My boat 86 BFN Chevy 454.
I unknowingly short circuited the plus side of ignition coil to ground. Whole electrical system dead. Ignition circuit breaker not tripped breaker less distributor installed years ago..

My manual only has dash wiring info. Entire dash is dead. Ignition switch blown??? Who would know without wiring diagram.
Lets go footin'
'86 Barefoot Nautique
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2024 at 6:32am
How did you verify that the 20 amp ignition breaker isn't tripped?  Did you check the voltage on the input and output connections?

Did you check the 50 amp breaker on the back of the engine? Same as above, do you have voltage on the input and output connections?

On your Chevy, power to the dash has to get from the battery, to the starter positive terminal connection, to the remote solenoid, then through the 50 amp main breaker, through the 8 pin connectors,(pin5) then to the ignition breaker to power the dash and ignition switch.

So using a test meter or test light, you should be able to figure out how far power is making it from the battery and find your issue.

Here's a PCM diagram that shows the connections from the battery up to the 5 pin connector for your Chevy

After the 5 pin connector the wire goes to the input side of the 20 amp ignition breaker.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic