Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to Correct Craft

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Buglem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buglem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to Correct Craft
    Posted: May-22-2024 at 2:45pm
First off, thank you for adding me here.  I am quite new to the world of Correct Craft but have recently had the opportunity to receive a "boat" from someone who doesn't want it nor has time to do anything with it.  After looking at the boat and doing some research here I believe I have been given quite a gift but I am hoping you all can confirm that and help me really understand what it is I have.

From what I can tell, it is a 1972 Correct Craft 21 Sport Nautique.  Based on some receipts I found in the glove compartment it was restored in 2008 with all new upholstery along with some minor repairs to the hull and possibly some motor work.  The only thing I know about the motor is that it is a Chrysler Marine 440 (330 HP).  It looks clean with what looks to be new hoses and clean wiring.  It was last on the water 2 years ago but hasn't been out again because the previous owner just didn't have the time or ability due to his age/health.  It has been garage kept for its entire life other than the last 3 months when the previous owner passed away and willed it to his grandson (his grandson is my soon to be son-in-law who is giving the boat to me).

What is it that I have here?  What is something like this worth?

I'm in Utah.  Anyone else on this Forum

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2024 at 3:13pm
Southwind 20. 1972 would be my guess.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2024 at 4:20pm
No idea of it's worth but Correct Craft built very good boats, they drive and handlle better than most on the water.  A 440 would be a desired engine for boat use because it had fantastic torque and they were very reliable.  Many 440's of that vintage were OEM in Motor Homes because they handle hard work so well.

Clean it up, see what you have, the gas tank will have to be drained and disposed of.  Old gas will ruin your engine if you try to run it.   Stored inside its entire life has left it looking brand new.  A very nice find.
Welcome aboard.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2024 at 7:07pm
Where in Utah?  I’m in the SLC valley.  
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Buglem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buglem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2024 at 8:45pm
I'm in Lehi.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2024 at 8:17am
That is a nice gift.  Enjoy it.
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2024 at 8:36am
Wow. Nice condition. Excellent engine for that boat. You will enjoy
You scored
MrMcd had good points, go thru everything before starting or lake cruise. Bilge pump, no leaks, shaft packing, battery, etc
Gonna sound great
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2024 at 9:08am
Good for you. nice trailer too
as been said, Don't turn it over till you give it  fresh fuel, fuel lines, filters, impellers.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Buglem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buglem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2024 at 10:35am
Thank you all for the tips.  As I begin going through things more thoroughly I'll be sure to keep you updated on progress and will more than likely be asking further questions.  Thank in advance for the help!!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2024 at 5:25pm
Not only is the boat a keeper, that new son-in-law is one too!  What an amazing gift. Smile

I'm curious if the "440" on the hull sides was done at the factory.  It's a cool way to indicate the Mopar power.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic