NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

freeze plugs pushed out

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2015 at 1:01pm
I betttttt it will be fine. We had a 94 sport that came in this winter after being frozen outside for literally months. It didn't even push all the plugs out somehow. When we pulled the block plugs there was literally ice cubes sticking out of the holes. The only thing that cracked were the manifolds and the bottom of the thermostat (manifold side) housing. Manifolds and a new intake and we were in business.

I have pushed me drivers read plug out a few times behind the starter with no issues.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2015 at 12:57pm
Damn. Probe the drain holes and see if they were plugged up and failed to drain properly. The casting plugs can be hammered back in. I probably do that then run it and cross my fingers.
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2015 at 12:55pm
I dug my boat out of hibernation this morning and discovered that two freeze plugs on the starboard side were pushed out at some point during the off season. The manifolds and block were drained in the fall prior to the cold stuff. No antifreeze was added at that time as we normally don't need to do that in SC.

No attempt has been made to turn the boat over.

What's the recommended course of action at this point? How do you reinstall the freeze plugs? I want to believe that the block didn't crack, but I suppose the only way of knowing is to get the freeze plugs back in and crank it up correct?

Oil is clean at this time, but I'd guess that water would only show up after an attempt to crank and only if the block were compromised, yes?

Suggestions?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic