Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NO POWER ON TAKE OFF

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2011 at 10:31am
When I bought our 96' last year, it had been sitting for 3 years. Carb had a lot of corrosion, and fuel only shot out of the primary jets and not the secondary when under a load. Idled fine and picked up power ok when gradually increasing speed. Long story short, ran like crap under load (stalling, sputtering), rebuilt carb, didnt work (secondary kept sticking, couldnt even turn by hand, replaced carb with new one, now runs like a bat out of hell!! By the way, I'm no mechanic and dont know the correct terminology or mechanics of a carb This is what worked for me.
levin
QUEBEC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUEBEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2011 at 2:10am
Check the points-dwell-timing-fuel from accelerator pump- has the boat been sitting long /gas + gas filter - fuel pump / fuel pressure.
NEVER EVER GIVE UP ON YOUR SELF YOUR FAMILY YOUR FRIENDS AND GOD THERE ALWAYS A NEW DAY
skyway2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyway2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2011 at 1:28am
I would check to see you're getting a squirt from your accelerator pump when you open up the throttle. If that's not working, it will fall flat hard on its face when you gun it.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2011 at 1:26am
Seems everyone is talking carburetors lately. Any possible issues will tend to show themselves when a boat had been sitting for a while.

Old, stale fuel is a possibility.

Unless you have many skiers, the boat should have no problem, unless it's not getting the fuel it's supposed to (carburetion)

If you have no skier, and you just hammer the throttle off the line, will it take off? Or will it bog, cough and sputter?

Too steeply pitched a prop would be another possibility, but not super likely. The 89 and new boats mostly have a gear reduction tranny, 1:23 or PCM "Power Plus" as it's called. These trannies can run a steeper prop.

If someone put one of these on your 1:1 tranny boat, it could really hurt you out of the hole.
zx900rr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zx900rr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2011 at 8:45pm
I am new to this site, recently purchased my 1982 Ski Nautique 2001. Have done all the basic maintanace, fluids, impeller etc. Took her out to the lake today and attempted to pull a skier and she had very little power on take off, once the boat planed it seemed like a "powerband" kick in. I have no idea how to trouble shoot this any advice would be greatly appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic