I found this boat back in May of 2011, and immediately started to work out a deal to purchase. The boat had sat for an undetermined amount of time, but at least three to four years. The PO got frustrated with not being able to keep it running.
Well I got it home and was real eager to start the demo, but we lost my father-in-law just a few days later. He was a very special person to me and my wife as he is the one who got us involved into boating and boat refurbishing projects.
Well we have started the restore. I started with trying to find the trouble with the engine. We found that the engine had an automotive (CW) starter and the plug wires were on in a LH rotation formation. Once I replaced the starter and relocated the plug wires it fired right up. However I did tear it down and found extensive wear on the crank and cylinder walls. So polishing the crank and boring the block is happening now.
I have all the engine components painted except the block, heads and gear.
I have removed all the foam and the port side stringers. In the process of rebuilding the stringers now. Will replace all wood with Coosa.
My little buddy has been helping a lot.
Stayed tuned. Allen